PDA

View Full Version : Phillips and Rasmus have something in common...

George Foster
09-06-2010, 12:39 AM
They both hate the Cardinals!!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-rasmuspujols090510

Then Sir Albert tells him where to go!!!

They are imploding!!:beerme:

crazyjdawg
09-06-2010, 12:57 AM
They've already imploded. I think they'll lose 2 of 3 to Milwaukee and We'll get that 8 game lead back by wednesday.

Jr's Boy
09-06-2010, 01:20 AM
I'd like to know Ludwick's take on it.

Vottomatic
09-06-2010, 01:34 AM
They wouldn't have been able to pay Ludwick. The word on the street was it was both a starting pitching need and a salary dump of Ludwick, which doesn't bode well for Cardinal fans and the future of their team.

Pujols is going to get paid more. Holliday is already getting paid a ton. Carpenter makes alot now and is due a raise soon. And then Wainwright will come a-calling for his big paycheck. The Cards will have 4 players totalling about $90-$100M here in the coming years and a team full of scrubs, with zero left in their farm system.

I like it.

TheBateman
09-06-2010, 04:14 AM
They wouldn't have been able to pay Ludwick. The word on the street was it was both a starting pitching need and a salary dump of Ludwick, which doesn't bode well for Cardinal fans and the future of their team.

Pujols is going to get paid more. Holliday is already getting paid a ton. Carpenter makes alot now and is due a raise soon. And then Wainwright will come a-calling for his big paycheck. The Cards will have 4 players totalling about $90-$100M here in the coming years and a team full of scrubs, with zero left in their farm system.

I like it.

Not to mention overpaying for Westbrook and Suppan.

We're paying Arroyo and Coco for about the same as the two of them, but we're getting much more from them at least, would still like to see smaller contracts for them even if it's unlikely.

Votto will be due for a big contract and if they're smart they will lock Bruce up now while he's can still be had for a bargain. The majority of this lineup though makes under a million a year. I really like our odds to continue this for several years and, the Cards are going to be struggling to fill in holes with all their money being sucked into their superstars and over-payed vets.

GIDP
09-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I find it amazing Pujols goes to the media to talk about Rasmus talking to he media when Rasmus didnt talk to the media rofl.

zacharync
09-06-2010, 11:23 AM
I like this Rasmus kid.

Maker_84
09-06-2010, 12:51 PM
too bad we couldnt take advantage this past weekend

big boy
09-06-2010, 01:31 PM
How about Stubbs for Rasmus straight up?

Vottomatic
09-06-2010, 01:57 PM
too bad we couldnt take advantage this past weekend

Oh look. A backhanded dig at the Reds from a closet Cardinal fan. :rolleyes: