PDA

View Full Version : Homer still has learning to do

Krawhitham
09-06-2010, 01:02 PM
“I wanted black or off (the plate),” Bailey said. “I didn’t get black or off.”

“I thought that was my only mistake the whole day,” Bailey said. “And it ended up costing us the game. I just got to execute that pitch better"

So Homer Bailey shakes the catcher off not once but twice, and on the next pitch it gets grooved for a 3 run shot. What does Mr. Bailey takes away from it.

"I just got to execute that pitch better"

No Homer you need to throw the pitch the catcher calls, you need to stop thinking you know everything. This is not the 1st time he has shook the catcher off and got rocked. But does it sink in, NOOOO

Homer could be a #1/#2 type pitcher if he can get his head on straight.

It the situation permits (ahead by a lot, or clinched playoffs spot) Razor & Hanigan should tell the hitter what is coming every time Homer shakes them off

big boy
09-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Before the pitch, I thought throwing a strike was out of the question. I was surprised he did it.

New York Red
09-06-2010, 01:28 PM
It the situation permits (ahead by a lot, or clinched playoffs spot) Razor & Hanigan should tell the hitter what is coming every time Homer shakes them off

/Bull Durham

Orodle
09-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Dusty needs to simply tell him throw what ever Hanigan and Hernandez tell you to throw.

Vottomatic
09-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Seems like everytime the catcher comes out to discuss the next pitch, our pitcher throws it right down the middle and something bad happens.

I had a bad feeling about it when Hanigan went to the mound.

brm7675
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
So Homer Bailey shakes the catcher off not once but twice, and on the next pitch it gets grooved for a 3 run shot. What does Mr. Bailey takes away from it.

"I just got to execute that pitch better"

No Homer you need to throw the pitch the catcher calls, you need to stop thinking you know everything. This is not the 1st time he has shook the catcher off and got rocked. But does it sink in, NOOOO

Homer could be a #1/#2 type pitcher if he can get his head on straight.

To me the answer is simple, if this is a problem, then the catcher and Price need to have a talk with Homer. The pitcher either throws the pitched call or can sit in AAA.

mlh1981
09-06-2010, 08:38 PM
He's quickly becoming a guy that I want to say "to hell with him," but I have a bad feeling he would go to another environment and flourish, so I want to make it work.

The comments that opponents have made about him, in terms of his stuff.....you wanna keep giving him chances out there.

lidspinner
09-07-2010, 08:13 AM
trade him for Colby rasmus.....LOL....could you imagine what Double D would do with Homer? Could you imagine Colby in our OF with Bruce and Stubbs/Heisy?

Nah.....Homer will figure it out. I am sure Dusty or BP has already told him to listen to the catcher....I bet you wont see Homer do this ever again.