PDA

View Full Version : playoff pitching matchups

webbbj
09-06-2010, 02:31 PM
the way i see it the reds will be the underdog in any game 1 or game 2 pitching matchup and a win in either of those games would be a steal.

games 3 and 4 the reds should have the pitching edge. and would need to be must wins.

i was thinking the reds send out Wood and Bailey in games 1 and 2 and try to steal a game. If it doesnt happen based on pitching matchups they were supposed to be down 0-2 regardless. That would give the reds a great edge in pitching in games 3 and 4 if we send out cueto then arroyo and would give us the best chance to get a 3-1 lead in a series.

if worst case scenario the reds lost games 1 and 2 using arroyo and cueto they would still have the pitching advantage in games 3 and 4 but that advantage isnt as clear cut as it would be w/ bailey and wood in those games. also in a 7 game series you set up cueto to pitch a game 7.

i dont know maybe im way off but the reds need to get to a game 5 atleast tied 2-2 and i thought cueto and arroyo in games 3 and 4 would provide us w/ the best chance of doing that.

ReppedByAriGold
09-06-2010, 02:32 PM
We aren't in the playoffs yet

Spazzrico
09-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Seriously, threads like this make me uber nervous. Tan Nervioso!