PDA

View Full Version : Tons of Reds related news in Ken Rosenthal's latest column

OnBaseMachine
09-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Ken Rosenthal has a new column up, including tibits on Chapman, Juan Francisco, Dusty Baker, Edinson Volquez, and the relationship between Joey Votto and Albert Pujols, as seen below:

“He is so much better now at first base,” Pujols says. “I remember telling him a couple of things last year, the year before. He was stretching a little bit too early. But he improved on that.

“He also is more patient at the plate than he was in his first couple of years. He has an idea what he wants to do now. Before, he was trying to do too much.”

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/would-derek-jeter-take-less-money-to-help-new-york-yankees-contend-090610

reds44
09-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Pujols is a good dude, very unCardinal like.

sivman17
09-06-2010, 02:42 PM
I've been reading a lot of articles recently about Pujols and Votto and their Triple Crown chase and it's nice to see the mutual admiration they have for each other. They are both class acts and are great ambassadors for the game. In addition to Rolen, I think Votto and Pujols are models for how the game should be played.

sivman17
09-06-2010, 02:46 PM
And did anyone see the Sunday Conversation with Votto yesterday on ESPN? I thought that was a great interview. Votto didn't say anything unexpected or anything, but I just love listening to him explain how he approaches the game.

Bob Holtzman asked him how he views celebrity and Votto said he can't stand it. He hates being the center of attention. He says he's not shy, but prefers not to talk a whole lot and just goes about his business.

yab1112
09-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Bob Holtzman asked him how he views celebrity and Votto said he can't stand it. He hates being the center of attention. He says he's not shy, but prefers not to talk a whole lot and just goes about his business.

It's statements like these that give me hope he'll be in Cincy for a long, long time. If he really hates being in the spotlight, you'd think he wouldn't leave for a big market when they offer him more money. The one place I could definitely see him leaving for though, is home to Toronto.

Mario-Rijo
09-06-2010, 03:13 PM
This was fun to read...

A scout who witnessed Chapman’s first two outings remarked, “The National League playoffs just changed.”

“Everyone was there going, ‘Uh-oh,’” the scout says. “All you can say is, ‘Uh-oh.’”

:D

CarolinaRedleg
09-06-2010, 04:01 PM
“Everyone was there going, ‘Uh-oh,’” the scout says. “All you can say is, ‘Uh-oh.’”

http://theurbandaily.com/files/2010/07/carl-lewis.jpg

Uh-oh!