PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Text Question (I don't get it)

RBA
09-06-2010, 05:30 PM
What's the point of having a text question/poll and only seeing the results the first 2 minutes after the poll while many people are still trying to find their phones? Shouldn't there be a follow up to the text poll at least into the next inning?

Ghosts of 1990
09-06-2010, 09:01 PM
They're silly and cliche anyways. Everything on that network that involves Jim Day is impossible to take serious these days. Him and that dental humor :rolleyes:

Unassisted
09-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Aren't the results posted on the web site? I suspect the polls are really meant to drive traffic to the web site, rather than to solve the burning mysteries of the day.

Roy Tucker
09-07-2010, 11:00 AM
What's the point of having a text question/poll and only seeing the results the first 2 minutes after the poll while many people are still trying to find their phones? Shouldn't there be a follow up to the text poll at least into the next inning?

Its a statement about our modern day ADHD society. Everything has to be right now and immediate or else it doesn't matter.

Get off my lawn.

Screwball
09-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Aren't the results posted on the web site? I suspect the polls are really meant to drive traffic to the web site, rather than to solve the burning mysteries of the day.

Sounds about right. Still annoying though. As trivial as it may be, sometimes I'd like to know the final results without having to research it myself.

Eric_the_Red
09-07-2010, 12:57 PM
I like to repeatedly vote for an option to skew the results. Give Thom and Chris something to talk about.

reds1869
09-07-2010, 01:04 PM
I like to repeatedly vote for an option to skew the results. Give Thom and Chris something to talk about.

Thom: "Wow, 92% of fans would rather have their eyes gouged out with hot pokers than see Fukudome screw himself into the ground by swinging. I'm absolutely shocked by these results. Just shocked." :D

Razor Shines
09-07-2010, 01:25 PM

I do the same thing when I am watching the game live. It's funny to hear them try to justify the odd answers.

RedFanAlways1966
09-07-2010, 01:52 PM
<grumpy old man> Hate the text question. They cover up half the TV screen for at least a minute (while the game is being played) while showng the results to a stupid question.

BCubb2003
09-07-2010, 01:56 PM
They should ask questions with an edge to them: Should Janish get more playing time? Should Harang be moved to the bullpen? Whatever happened to Jared Burton?

Brutus
09-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Thom: "Wow, 92% of fans would rather have their eyes gouged out with hot pokers than see Fukudome screw himself into the ground by swinging. I'm absolutely shocked by these results. Just shocked." :D

I think you nailed it, LOL