PDA

View Full Version : George Grande back Saturday

arkimadee
09-07-2010, 07:35 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2010/09/07/reds-tv-lineup-chris-and-cowboy-today-george-grande-saturday/

I'll be happy to see George come back for a few games. It says he will do 7 games the rest of the season. I know he isn't well thought of as an announcer but the man deserves to do some games in September that mean something after all of those years announcing crap teams.

mroby85
09-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Love it! I like George, don't really understand all the hate towards him. I'd gladly trade Paul Keels back for him.

zacharync
09-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Love it! I like George, don't really understand all the hate towards him. I'd gladly trade Paul Keels back for him.

Agreed. Though I haven't heard Keels before. This is my first season out of the country. What is the problem with him?

FlightRick
09-07-2010, 10:39 PM
There's no real "problem" with Keels, objectively.... but subjectively, people have tastes, and Keels is very, ummmm, dry. Or perhaps, droll. It's not an accessible style unless you're on his same wavelength.

What *I* was wondering tonight was: how come we've got two color guys teamed up on TV, while there are two play-by-play guys teamed up on radio? That seemed odd, and a mis-allocation of resources.

The obvious/safe fix would be to send Cowboy back to the radio booth, while Kelch handles TV... but if this is an oddball series for commentators, I'd have loved to do Marty/Welsh on radio, with Kelch/Cowboy on TV. Kelch/Cowboy work a lot together on radio, so they'd mesh together great on an alternate medium, and the 1 or 2 times Welsh has come over to radio in the past few years, he's been gold.

Marty/Kelch and Welsh/Cowboy just didn't seem to make sense, though. I decided to stick with radio after about 4 innings, not because Welsh/Cowboy were outright bad, but just because Marty/Kelch were less awkward....

Rick

Jr's Boy
09-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Hi Hello and Welcome Everybody!GG is back.:thumbup:

mlh1981
09-08-2010, 09:18 AM
One of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Met him last year at Redsfest.

Orodle
09-08-2010, 10:21 AM
If the Reds go on a losing skid its clearly George's fault

Captain13
09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
It's gonna beeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gone! I could not care less who calls the games this weekend as long as the Reds win.

GIDP
09-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Joy.

Captain13
09-08-2010, 10:28 AM
GIDP, either I detected some sarcasm or you are as dry as Keels. ;)

GIDP
09-08-2010, 10:51 AM
GIDP, either I detected some sarcasm or you are as dry as Keels. ;)

Given the Rose thing being the same day I honestly expect no matter the PBP guy it to be obnoxious. Thom and George both would kill us that day with pointless drivel.

Captain13
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I forgot about the Rose thing. I may have to *gasp* skip that game and just read the recap and box score. Pete lost me a few years back, I'm done with Mr. Rose.