PDA

View Full Version : Yadier Molina had the fan ejected in last night's Cards game.

The Operator
09-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Hadn't seen this posted elsewhere yet, my apologies if this is a duplicate.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5j0cyKYsDzd8tfNIXTHmG5I4u9r8A

outtake:

Ottow was cited for disorderly conduct by police and ejected. He said he was heckling Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina.

I may or may not have done some heckling at the old ballyard in my day. Granted, I've never used foul language or anything... but this guy says he didn't either. I'd like to know exactly what happened because if this indeed was just some harmless heckling then Molina is just further proving Brandon Phillips' point.

nemesis
09-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Uh... The Cards are a bunch of whining sissy's?

Do they not realize that every thing that they do adds to this image? This has to be getting under the GM's and Owners skin. ALOT of bad press lately.

OnBaseMachine
09-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Wow. Molina is quickly becoming my least favorite player in the game.

RANDY IN INDY
09-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Molina is quite the crybaby. The manager teaches his players well.

I have never seen or heard of a fan being ejected by an umpire at a major league game

15fan
09-08-2010, 01:45 PM
Brandon Phillips should pay any fine this guy incurs.

lollipopcurve
09-08-2010, 01:46 PM
I have no idea what Molina's like as a person, but I know he's a helluva catcher.

reds44
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
And Brandon Phillips continues to be proven right.

oneupper
09-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I remember giving George Hendrick a hard time at a game at Veteran's Stadium. The whole center field section was chanting "Geoorgeee", "Geoorgeee" and whenever a ball came his way, we'd give it to him. After I while you could see it was getting on his nerves. So we did it more.

Too much beer, I guess. Too many Philly Phans.

traderumor
09-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Glub! Glub! Glub!

Cards = Cubs ? They are starting to sound like the organization that they arrogantly love to make fun of.

OesterPoster
09-08-2010, 01:57 PM
From a firsthand account of a Brewers fan:

I was also there tonight and it was one of the better sporting moments I have witnessed in person. Braddock was in a full out sprint out of the bullpen along with the rest of the guys. Balkin Bob did sour it for me. MLB needs to do something about this guy, the way he treated that usher was just terrible. The best part about him kicking the fan out was he didn't have the guts to walk on the same side of the guy, instead he walks to the complete opposite side to point him out to an usher. We could hear him say "guy in the white shirt he's out", and the usher having no idea which one of the 85 guys in the white shirt asks him again who. So Davidson starts to yell at him to get the cops. The poor usher had no idea who he was talking about, and Davidson shows up the usher. And for the umpire to do it in the middle of the inning shows that he truly thinks he is bigger than the game.

RBA
09-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Handcuff for heckling? I thought heckling was part of the game.

HeatherC1212
09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Wow, that sounds totally ridiculous to me. I've heard worse things said (or screamed) during games and no one said anything to that person or people doing it. :eek:

George Anderson
09-08-2010, 02:06 PM
I think "Balkin Bob" screwed this one up

There was only one problem: the fan never interfered with the playing field. Nowhere in the Major League Baseball rulebook does an umpire have the power to eject a fan who never enters the playing field.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/455179-bob-davidson-must-be-fired-for-disregard-to-rules-on-ejections

OesterPoster
09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
From the STL paper:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_34898c84-bb67-11df-911e-0017a4a78c22.html

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/article_abb756d8-bb5d-11df-9479-0017a4a78c22.html?sms_ss=twitter

Love the comments after the article:

• MissouriConservative said on: September 8, 2010, 12:18 pm
Brandon Phillips was right.

• Drunken Sailor said on: September 8, 2010, 12:09 pm
If Molina actually did ask that the fan in Milwaukee be ejected, it is a slap in the face to all the fans who stood and cheered him for standing up to Phillips. Can this Cards season get any stranger? Stay tuned!

• Locomotive Breath said on: September 8, 2010, 10:54 am
IF this is true that Molina had that guy tossed, Mr. Phillips is a much better judge of character than I gave him credit

traderumor
09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
If this was a legitimate duty of an umpire, couldn't he throw out fans for heckling his calls, or for just generally getting on one of the umpires? I don't know about firing him for this one incident, but I think a suspension should be looked at.

cumberlandreds
09-08-2010, 02:20 PM
If this was a legitimate duty of an umpire, couldn't he throw out fans for heckling his calls, or for just generally getting on one of the umpires? I don't know about firing him for this one incident, but I think a suspension should be looked at.

Balkin' Bob should have been fired 25 years ago.
As long as the fan wasn't threatening physical harm on the player or umpire then it was totally wrong to eject him. Davidson should never have had him ejected if was no more than simple heckling. He should have told Molina to be a man and take it. It's part of the deal for being a professional ballplayer.

traderumor
09-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Another thought. Don't forget Davidson was one of the umps who resigned back in 1999 in a Darwin Award nominating move.

CarolinaRedleg
09-08-2010, 02:37 PM
New team hat?

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn57/tplester119/lbcardinals.jpg

The "C" stands for Cardinals. You can guess LB for yourselves.....

cumberlandreds
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Another thought. Don't forget Davidson was one of the umps who resigned back in 1999 in a Darwin Award nominating move.

And why MLB hired him back is another Darwin Award winning moment. :rolleyes:

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't know if Molina had anything to do with the Umpire's decision to have the fan thrown out. I would hope he didn't, but I haven't heard comments from anyone involved that suggest he had anything to do with it. The umpires was throwing players and coaches out left and right, so I think he probably just got carried away.

Griffey012
09-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Molina should ask the umpire to eject TLR so they can play Rasmus, and improve their chances of winning.

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Molina should ask the umpire to eject TLR so they can play Rasmus, any improve their chances of winning.

Why? Molina is batting in the #5 spot...ahead of Rasmus. He's just fine with that. lol

fearofpopvol1
09-08-2010, 03:38 PM
I don't know if Molina had anything to do with the Umpire's decision to have the fan thrown out. I would hope he didn't, but I haven't heard comments from anyone involved that suggest he had anything to do with it. The umpires was throwing players and coaches out left and right, so I think he probably just got carried away.

Why would the fan make that up? I am sure they saw the way the whole thing went down.

membengal
09-08-2010, 03:43 PM
You've gotta be kidding. That's just poor all around on Molina and Davidson.

And, yes, score one for Brandon.

Strikes Out Looking
09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
The Brewers need to train their ushers -- they should have not followed the umpires instructions in this case.

Additionally, I have heard that the Cardinals have asked MLB that all of their remaining road games be played without any fans in attendance. Rumors have it that it stresses the players out way too much.

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Why would the fan make that up? I am sure they saw the way the whole thing went down.

Because he's a Brewers fan and he obviously doesn't like Molina. Sounds like a good reason to me.

How can a fan in the stands hear what the catcher is telling the Umpire behind home plate?

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
The Brewers need to train their ushers -- they should have not followed the umpires instructions in this case.

Additionally, I have heard that the Cardinals have asked MLB that all of their remaining road games be played without any fans in attendance. Rumors have it that it stresses the players out way too much.

Then he would have thrown out the Usher! lol

membengal
09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Are you defending Molina, seriously?

Johnny Footstool
09-08-2010, 04:14 PM
I think "Balkin Bob" screwed this one up

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/455179-bob-davidson-must-be-fired-for-disregard-to-rules-on-ejections

The umpire can certainly request that ushers remove disorderly fans. And the back of every MLB game ticket says that disorderly conduct will get you ejected.

Still, it's bush league for a millionaire like Molina to whine about what some jackass in the stands is saying.

Brutus
09-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I've never understood heckling. I think it's juvenile behavior. But unless it gets terribly derogatory or just completely crass, I also think tossing someone out is unnecessary.

I would give Molina the benefit of the doubt, but the fact he didn't deny it and wouldn't even comment gives me the hunch he absolutely had something to do with the removal. It's right up his alley. Heck it's right up the Cardinals' alley.

George Anderson
09-08-2010, 04:29 PM
The umpire can certainly request that ushers remove disorderly fans. And the back of every MLB game ticket says that disorderly conduct will get you ejected.

MLB umpires can remove fans but it is incredibly rare to see it done. As well it should be IMO.

Can Major League umpires eject a fan? If so, how?
-- TF

Umpires are entrusted with maintaining discipline and order on the playing field, and sometimes fans can interfere with order on the field. Security at the Major League level normally precludes the necessity of an umpire causing a fan to be removed, but this does happen on rare occasion. Umpires are thick-skinned by nature and ignore comments-however inflammatory-from fans.

By Tom Leppard
Director, Umpire Administration

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/umpires/feature.jsp?feature=qa4

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Are you defending Molina, seriously?

Not really! I mean... if Molina asked the Ump to throw the fan out then he was wrong. I'm not going to take an angry fan's word for it though.

traderumor
09-08-2010, 04:31 PM

Still, it's bush league for a millionaire like Molina to whine about what some jackass in the stands is saying.This wasn't a request. It was a demand. I hear what you are saying, but I have to say that without anything other than heckling going on, it is pretty cheesy. Heckling is ignorant, but it certainly was not doing anything than bruising someone's ego.

membengal
09-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Heckling can be its own artform:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/252007-get-off-your-knees-ref-famous-hecklers-in-sports#page/3

Robin Ficker at Bullets games (pre-Wizards days) was in a class by himself.

Always Red
Maybe Johnny Brewer-fan was an equal opportunity heckler, and had worked in some Balkin' Bob insults as well? Maybe both guys were sick of it, Davidson ran him, and Molina thanked him afterward??

MattyHo4Life
I would give Molina the benefit of the doubt, but the fact he didn't deny it and wouldn't even comment gives me the hunch he absolutely had something to do with the removal. It's right up his alley. Heck it's right up the Cardinals' alley.

If he commented, then he would be criticized for whining about it.

Brutus
09-08-2010, 04:33 PM
If he commented, then he would be criticized for whining about it.

If he commented he had nothing to do with the fan being removed, that would be construed as whining? Are you sure about that?

OUReds
09-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Brandon Phillips should pay any fine this guy incurs.

That would be AMAZING.

George Anderson
09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
A friend of mine who umpired AAA in the mid 80's ejected an organist for playing the "Mickey Mouse Club" theme song after a controversial close play.

I ejected a PA announcer in a HS game last year for making a comment over the speaker that I felt had incited the crowd.

corkedbat
09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
"He just got the umpire to throw me out. We were bantering back and forth and I guess Molina couldn't take it anymore.

"You'd think these guys would have tougher skin than that," he said.

If it is true that he was actively replying to the fan, then what he got was his own fault and makes him look like twice the Wuss, IMO.

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/article_1ace50be-bb7a-11df-8118-0017a4a78c22.html

outtake:

Froemming said the fan, who was wearing a Milwaukee Brewers jersey, had used profanity in his jeering of Molina.

Scrap Irony
09-08-2010, 04:50 PM
It's bush league to curse at a baseball game, as you don't know who might object to the use of that language.

However, Molina is entirely, ridiculously, unbelieveably wussy if this is true. (And it looks like it is.)

Hardly surprising, really.

westofyou
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/article_1ace50be-bb7a-11df-8118-0017a4a78c22.html

outtake:

Golly gee.. swear words in baseball???

http://s210975194.onlinehome.us/blog/?p=41

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 04:53 PM
(And it looks like it is.)

Why does it look like it's true? Because Molina didn't talk to reporters after they lost the game?

Roy Tucker
09-08-2010, 04:55 PM

outtake:

Froemming said the fan, who was wearing a Milwaukee Brewers jersey, had used profanity in his jeering of Molina.

heavens to Betsy, profanity at the ballpark?

Brutus
09-08-2010, 05:00 PM

outtake:

Golly gee. The players (Molina included) never use profanity.

Scrap Irony
09-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Why does it look like it's true? Because Molina didn't talk to reporters after they lost the game?

Of course.

If he didn't have a hand in it, he would have said it.

That's pretty much modus operandi for quotes and ballplayers. Especially baseball players.

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Of course.

If he didn't have a hand in it, he would have said it.

That's pretty much modus operandi for quotes and ballplayers. Especially baseball players.

Ok, but he didn't talk to the reporters. He probably didn't even know what the fan had said.

Scrap Irony
09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Molina would not discuss the subject with reporters after Tuesday’s game.

Which means he was asked and chose not to respond.

Which means he's guilty of having rabbit ears and being a... complainer.

Nothing to get worked up about, but cofirmation of what was thought earlier.

I(heart)Freel
09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Reminds me of my favorite Simpsons episode...

YouTube - Darryl, Darryl, Darryl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjnJ8xs6ibs)

RBA
09-08-2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe they should have ejected about 20,000 fans in St Louis last week when Brandon Phillips got up to bat?

kaldaniels
09-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Just wondering but hasn't there been an annoying guy you can here at Miller Field when FSN broadcasts...I know the guy, I just can't remember where we were playing? Related?

I(heart)Freel
09-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Maybe they should have ejected about 20,000 fans in St Louis last week when Brandon Phillips got up to bat?

Or the nimrod who threw BPhil's foul ball back on the field. Disrupting a game, hel-lo? I lost a lot of respect for St. Lou fans when that happened. Thought I was suddenly watching some frat boy bleacher bums at Wrigley.

The Operator
09-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Or the nimrod who threw BPhil's foul ball back on the field. Disrupting a game, hel-lo? I lost a lot of respect for St. Lou fans when that happened. Thought I was suddenly watching some frat boy bleacher bums at Wrigley.As far as I know, They did eject the fan who threw back the foul ball.

RBA
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Just wondering but hasn't there been an annoying guy you can here at Miller Field when FSN broadcasts...I know the guy, I just can't remember where we were playing? Related?

That would be George Grande.

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 06:30 PM
I never understood why fans throw the ball back onto the field. Do they think it bothers the player? just doesn't make any sense. the only one it hurts is themselves, because they threw away a souvenir.

kaldaniels
09-08-2010, 06:32 PM
I never understood why fans throw the ball back onto the field. Do they think it bothers the player? just doesn't make any sense. the only one it hurts is themselves, because they threw away a souvenir.

It is a symbolic move that draws them a cheer from the crowd...but I know what you mean, I wouldn't do it.

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 06:35 PM
It is a symbolic move that draws them a cheer from the crowd...but I know what you mean, I wouldn't do it.

Yeah, it makes the rest of the crowd happy, but you lose your souvenir. lol Would they jump off a cliff if the crowd told them to?

RFS62
09-08-2010, 06:37 PM
I think it started in Chicago.

So, that alone should tell you how stupid it is as a custom.

kaldaniels
09-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah, it makes the rest of the crowd happy, but you lose your souvenir. lol Would they jump off a cliff if the crowd told them to?

Now there's a psychological experiment to be done involving a crowd and a cliff...I don't think you could clear the red tape to do it though. :D

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Now there's a psychological experiment to be done involving a crowd and a cliff...I don't think you could clear the red tape to do it though. :D

lol i think you are right. especially since there are some people that would be stupid enough to do it.

WMR
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM
What's a day at the ballpark without some profanity???

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 07:22 PM

or the 20,000 fans in Cincinnati when Yadien Molina got up to bat. :cool:

I don't have a problem with fans booing, they have that right.

I don't have a problem with fans throwing balls back onto the field. I think they are stupid for doing it though.

I don't have a problem with fans "heckeling" players unless they use profanity with little kids around them. That just isn't cool.

If an umpire feels that it is disrupting the game, then I guess it is their call to have the fan thrown out. I don't think any player has the right to request they be thrown out, it should be up to the umpire to keep the game flowing. If the "heckeling" isn't disrupting the game, then I don't think they should be "thrown out".

Brutus
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM
or the 20,000 fans in Cincinnati when Yadien Molina got up to bat. :cool:

I don't have a problem with fans throwing balls back onto the field. I think they are stupid for doing it though.

I don't have a problem with fans "heckeling" players unless they use profanity with little kids around them. That just isn't cool.

If an umpire feels that it is disrupting the game, then I guess it is their call to have the fan thrown out. I don't think any player has the right to request they be thrown out, it should be up to the umpire to keep the game flowing. If the "heckeling" isn't disrupting the game, then I don't think they should be "thrown out".

If profanity is bothersome to parents, they shouldn't allow their kids to come to a baseball game. The players themselves can sometimes be heard shouting profanities. Heck, if profanity is a problem, their kids should never be taken out in public because you can't really escape it.

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
If profanity is bothersome to parents, they shouldn't allow their kids to come to a baseball game. The players themselves can sometimes be heard shouting profanities. Heck, if profanity is a problem, their kids should never be taken out in public because you can't really escape it.

Baseball is a family game, and most fans understand that. It's just not cool to use a lot of profanity around little kids.

traderumor
09-08-2010, 07:38 PM
I never understood why fans throw the ball back onto the field. Do they think it bothers the player? just doesn't make any sense. the only one it hurts is themselves, because they threw away a souvenir.Another example of the Cards starting to look more like the Cubs every day ;)

Chip R
09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Good thing Molina doesn't play in the NL East.

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Another example of the Cards starting to look more like the Cubs every day ;)

lol :cool:

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Good thing Molina doesn't play in the NL East.

Yeah, they throw batteries in Philadelphia.

Brutus
09-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Baseball is a family game, and most fans understand that. It's just not cool to use a lot of profanity around little kids.

This is coming from someone who rarely swears. But I would argue probably over half of parents use profanity around their own children. I've been to a lot of sporting events, and I'm sorry, but if you're arguing that profanity isn't common place among games these days... I would challenge you to listen a little more closely.

I know you're used to being around 'the best fans in baseball' but kosher or not, profanity is common place.

traderumor
09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
If profanity is bothersome to parents, they shouldn't allow their kids to come to a baseball game. The players themselves can sometimes be heard shouting profanities. Heck, if profanity is a problem, their kids should never be taken out in public because you can't really escape it.So profanity speakers get to dictate what is appropriate language in this social setting and anyone who has a problem with it should stay away? That's rather bigoted.

westofyou
09-08-2010, 07:58 PM

Baseball is a professional sport, played by young men with hormones raging and watched by fans spoon fed beer ads every minute they watch the game. Profanity is all over the place expecting it not show up at just the Cards game will be pretty impossible, expecting it to not show up in todays world is ridiculous.

The Cardinals are missing the one thing that would etch the franchise deeper in the baseball lore, being a gracious loser.

They need to work on that part of their game.

We got it down in Cincinnati.

Brutus
So profanity speakers get to dictate what is appropriate language in this social setting and anyone who has a problem with it should stay away? That's rather bigoted.

Is there a law against profanity? If not, then last I checked a person has a right to speak how he sees fit no matter how juvenile or how much of a simpleton it makes them. Who are you to tell them they can't swear?

So yes... if people don't like the culture, they should do some self-policing and dictate what they want their kids exposed to. That's not bigotry, that's parenting.

wheels
That fella obviously made MoLINDA feel small.

fearofpopvol1
09-08-2010, 08:06 PM

I actually agree with pretty much everything you've said. But if Molina had any part in the fan being ejected or if he even complained to the ump, then Molina should have been the one ejected. The problem is, the Cards players and manager have complained so many times about so many things without merit that this really looks bad for them. Baseball is a man's game and the Cards aren't acting like it.

MattyHo4Life
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
But if Molina had any part in the fan being ejected or if he even complained to the ump.

I don't think a player should be ejected for complaining to the ump unless he used some magic words. lol I would expect the umpire to laugh in his face, but ejecting the player seems a little too much, regardless of what team he is on.

The Operator
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
The profanity issue is why there is a family section w/no alcohol and no swearing at GABP. Oddly enough, it was almost entirely empty when I went down for Aroldis' debut.

I've been known to accidentally let a cuss word slip at the park, but it's usually only in conversation with whoever I'm with, thus not very loud at all. I generally try to keep my language filter on around kids, women, the elderly, and any friends of my parents. And I would certainly never yell a curse word at the top of my lungs, I can't stand hearing that.

But, it is a ballpark and it does happen. You kinda have to expect it. And for a player to complain about a fan using curse words, that's pretty rich. Another one for the "Won't someone please think of the children?" files.

Helen Lovejoy approves of The St. Louis Cardinals.

Mario-Rijo
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
New team hat?

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn57/tplester119/lbcardinals.jpg

The "C" stands for Cardinals. You can guess LB for yourselves.....

:ughmamoru Nice find CR!

Bob Borkowski
09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5548351

Umpire says fan used homophobic slur

fearofpopvol1
09-08-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't think a player should be ejected for complaining to the ump unless he used some magic words. lol I would expect the umpire to laugh in his face, but ejecting the player seems a little too much, regardless of what team he is on.

I was joking about that.

remdog
09-08-2010, 09:31 PM
"Davidson said he decided to throw out...................Tuesday night because he wanted to make sure Molina wouldn't do something to escalate the situation."

If that's the case, then the umpire should warn the player involved. The field is his domaine of authority, not the stands. The stands belong to civilian authorities.

"Molina, I thought he was going to go toward [the fan]....."

Once again, if the player has been warned then you discipline the player, not the fan. Displining the fan is not the umpire's perogative.

Rem

Marc D
09-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Now that the whole world knows your hot button, enjoy the next trip to Philadelphia there Alice.

Yachtzee
09-08-2010, 10:45 PM
I find it troubling that the Umpire seems so casual about having four ejections in one game. His quote, "I thought it was great" says it all.

The Operator
09-09-2010, 12:03 AM
A homophobic slur is a pretty terrible, classless thing to yell at anyone, but Davidson's quotes are ridiculous.

He threw the guy out because he thought Molina might go after him? Seriously? If Molina did anything of the nature he'd be suspended, regardless of what the fan said. Balkin' Bob has some serious boundary issues.

George Anderson
09-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Bob Davidson is a blitering idiot.

MattyHo4Life
09-09-2010, 12:38 AM
I find it troubling that the Umpire seems so casual about having four ejections in one game. His quote, "I thought it was great" says it all.

He ejected everybody so quickly too. I was watching the game, and if you blinked, you missed an ejection.

The Operator
09-09-2010, 12:57 AM
DJ Rayburn was even blushing at that debacle.

MattyHo4Life
09-09-2010, 01:04 AM
"Davidson said he decided to throw out...................Tuesday night because he wanted to make sure Molina wouldn't do something to escalate the situation."

Wait a minute.... Yadi didn't ask the ump to throw the fan out??? OMG... the Brewers fan was lying??? :eek: Why would he lie??? :eek:

The Operator
09-09-2010, 01:14 AM
Wait a minute.... Yadi didn't ask the ump to throw the fan out??? OMG... the Brewers fan was lying??? :eek: Why would he lie??? :eek:1) There's no guarantee that what Balkin' Bob said is true. He might be trying to save face.

2) Even if it is, it still makes Molina look like a punk if the umpire really felt the need to eject a fan because he thought Molina was going to go after him.

MattyHo4Life
09-09-2010, 01:20 AM
1) There's no guarantee that what Balkin' Bob said is true. He might be trying to save face.

2) Even if it is, it still makes Molina look like a punk if the umpire really felt the need to eject a fan because he thought Molina was going to go after him.

Nawwww, Molina wouldn't have gone after the fan unless he tapped his shins with a bat. :cool:

RedFanAlways1966
09-09-2010, 07:33 AM
Obnoxious drunk at a baseball game? Possibly cussing and yelling politically incorrect things? Glad he was arrested. Glad he was made to leave. Sounds like he was disorderly and got what he deserved.

Ottow had said he had been talking to Molina all evening, but the umpires said several Milwaukee Brewers players mentioned how drunk Ottow seemed. When an usher asked Ottow to leave, he stood and posed with his arms in the air to cheers from fans.

Now... why didn't the ushers/security at Milwaukee intervene (do their jobs!) before the umpire got involved? The home team players noticed him. It is a free country, but it does not give people the right to be drunk/loud/stupid in public. I do not like rabbit ears from players or umps. I also do not like people who act like a horse's rear-end while ruining the experience for others b/c they are immature/alcoholics.

Profanities? No way is it is normal to have to hear that crap at the park. If you choose to talk that way in front of your young children, then it shows ignornace in my opinion (like using homophobic slurs). It also DOES NOT give you the right to talk that way in front of my young kids. Respectful and semi-intelligent people understand this. Enough said.

Brutus
09-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Obnoxious drunk at a baseball game? Possibly cussing and yelling politically incorrect things? Glad he was arrested. Glad he was made to leave. Sounds like he was disorderly and got what he deserved.

Now... why didn't the ushers/security at Milwaukee intervene (do their jobs!) before the umpire got involved? The home team players noticed him. It is a free country, but it does not give people the right to be drunk/loud/stupid in public. I do not like rabbit ears from players or umps. I also do not like people who act like a horse's rear-end while ruining the experience for others b/c they are immature/alcoholics.

Profanities? No way is it is normal to have to hear that crap at the park. If you choose to talk that way in front of your young children, then it shows ignornace in my opinion (like using homophobic slurs). It also DOES NOT give you the right to talk that way in front of my young kids. Respectful and semi-intelligent people understand this. Enough said.

It may show ignorance and may be disrespectful, but no one owes you the courtesy of anything. Who are you to tell them how to act in public? Seriously... I think people complaining about conduct in public just have their panties in too much of a bunch. Who are you to care about how people present themselves? It's their life and you have no business telling them how to act.

If you don't like their behavior, teach your children it's wrong. That's what you can do. If they're causing too much of a problem, they'll be escorted out. But assuming it's just profanity, so what? It's not your place to tell them what language they can use.

Live and let live. If it doesn't directly hurt you physically, financially or infringe on your personal rights, how others act shouldn't concern you.