PDA

View Full Version : no TV today

icehole3
09-09-2010, 08:05 AM
MLB network only :(:thumbdown

RedFanAlways1966
09-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Good. I've seen enough crap lately and do not need to see it again. Perhaps it will change the luck. I am willing to miss one on TV to change things. Baseball and superstitions... I am a believer.

Redsfan320
09-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Rockies broadcasters aren't bad.

I(heart)Freel
09-09-2010, 11:10 AM
MLB network only :(:thumbdown

So... it's not on FSN, or not on TV at all?

BRM
09-09-2010, 11:12 AM
So... it's not on FSN, or not on TV at all?

Not on FSN. It's only on MLB Network.

cincrazy
09-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Good. I've seen enough crap lately and do not need to see it again. Perhaps it will change the luck. I am willing to miss one on TV to change things. Baseball and superstitions... I am a believer.

Eh, we'll be fine. They've just ran into a buzzsaw on this trip. Facing Garcia, Wainwright and Carpenter, followed by Jimenez and this team in this ballpark... not too many teams would come out of that without some scars.

reds1869
09-09-2010, 11:23 AM
For those of you that don't have MLB Network: switch to a provider that offers it. I would give up every other channel in my lineup to keep MLB Network. It really is that good.

Jpup
09-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm sure it will be blacked out in the local area. I've never understood why road games would ever be blacked out anyway. That makes no sense.

Cedric
09-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm sure it will be blacked out in the local area.

It's not blacked out in the Cincy area at all. I've watched the Reds multiple times this year on MLB network day games.

Jpup
09-09-2010, 11:43 AM
It's not blacked out in the Cincy area at all. I've watched the Reds multiple times this year on MLB network day games.

Yeah, but they are also on FSN Ohio. It's not today and they will not let you watch the Rockies feed in the local area, whether it's on MLB Network or not. At least not on DirecTV.

cumberlandreds
09-09-2010, 11:55 AM
The Rockies are not broadcasting the game either. So this has to be a MLB Network production.

SirFelixCat
09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
So that means those of us who can, go to the game! :thumbup:

Time to break my wife's curse today!

Cedric
09-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, but they are also on FSN Ohio. It's not today and they will not let you watch the Rockies feed in the local area, whether it's on MLB Network or not. At least not on DirecTV.

Nah man. I have Directv and have done it multiple times this year. The Braves disaster was not on FSNOhio and I watched the whole game.

More than that one also.

reds1869
09-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Nah man. I have Directv and have done it multiple times this year. The Braves disaster was not on FSNOhio and I watched the whole game.

More than that one also.

You are correct. A lot of people confuse the NFL blackout policies with MLB when in fact they are not at all similar. The game will be on in Cincinnati. There have even been a few times (i.e., Civil Rights Game) where I could choose between FSN or MLB, both of which were showing the game. They will also show whatever feed MLB picks up, regardless of who is producing. I live a block from GABP, so I guarantee I'm in every blackout territory known to man.

Screwball
09-09-2010, 12:51 PM
So that means those of us who can, go to the game! :thumbup:

Time to break my wife's curse today!

I think you should leave her at home. The Reds need a win today. ;)

_Sir_Charles_
09-09-2010, 12:58 PM
No TV? Awwww...it breaks my heart. :O) Welcome to the world of exiled Reds fans everywhere.

If it's televised on the MLB network, then color me happy. *grin*

_Sir_Charles_
09-09-2010, 01:01 PM
For those of you that don't have MLB Network: switch to a provider that offers it. I would give up every other channel in my lineup to keep MLB Network. It really is that good.

This. It's an absolute joy to watch. They actually cover EVERY team...not just the AL east. Their analysts are top notch. And the replays of classic games is always welcomed. If I'm watching TV at all....it's on this channel.

Jpup
09-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Reds games are always blacked out here unless they are on FSN Cincinnati or it's actually an MLB Network produced game. If it is, then it will be on. If it is the Rockies feed, it will be blacked out here. Maybe it's a DirecTV thing or just something amiss at my location.

Joseph
09-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Reds games are always blacked out here unless they are on FSN Cincinnati or it's actually an MLB Network produced game. If it is, then it will be on. If it is the Rockies feed, it will be blacked out here. Maybe it's a DirecTV thing or just something amiss at my location.

I think something must be amiss in your area. I used to live in SoKy and never suffered blackout issues and I hae DirecTV.

Jpup
09-09-2010, 01:44 PM
I think something must be amiss in your area. I used to live in SoKy and never suffered blackout issues and I hae DirecTV.

Hopefully I won't today. I also went through a stretch that I could watch Lakers games on Prime Ticket. Weird. I don't really like the NBA anymore, but watched a few games anyway.

cumberlandreds
09-09-2010, 02:00 PM
I think the only times the game would be blacked out on the MLB Network is if the local team is broadcasting the game. Example FSN Cincinnati. I know they broadcast a couple of Nats games in the day and it was blacked out in DC and MASN was televising them. I really think you guys in the Cincy area are OK today to see the game.

RANDY IN INDY
09-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Blacked out here in Charlotte. What gives? No Rockies feed and no Reds feed. Braves or Nats or Orioles not playing. Doesn't make any sense.

Reds Fanatic
09-09-2010, 04:14 PM
It is blacked out locally. That makes no sense for a game not being carried on TV by either team.

Cedric
09-09-2010, 04:17 PM
It is blacked out locally. That makes no sense for a game not being carried on TV by either team.

I have it in Monroe.

Weird when you can tell that announcers are announcing a game from states away.

Reds Fanatic
09-09-2010, 04:19 PM
if it was blacked out check again. I just checked and now it is available. Might have been a Directv problem where they had it blacked out when it should not have been but it is available now.

RANDY IN INDY
09-09-2010, 04:23 PM
On here in Charlotte now.

LoganBuck
09-09-2010, 04:31 PM
On in Logan county!

Travis Wood clean shaven, no mullet greatness.

Cedric
09-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Wrong thread.

Big Klu
09-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Very impressed with the MLB Network broadcast crew today--especially Mitch Williams.