PDA

View Full Version : Watching Cards And Braves Game... Cards Look Horrible

markedmanner
09-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Pujols not hustling on which he would have reached base on an error on the ss. Then the braves got a 3 bases out of a base hit. they bobbled the ball over threw first then over threw second base and then no one was covering third. Talk about bad baseball.. This team should be going all out trying to catch the reds and its as if they are not even trying... Also for those so worried about the reds. Look at what the 1990 team did in September. 14-15 .483

Oh yeah and derek lee just homered 3 to nothing braves...

ThornWithin81
09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
And as if on command the Braves suddenly look like the Pirates.

justincredible
09-09-2010, 07:43 PM
And now the Cardinals lead 5-3.

mckbearcat48
09-09-2010, 07:43 PM
A comedy of errors and a Schumaker HR have made it 5-3 STL.

GIDP
09-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Ive had enough baseball for 1 day.

ThornWithin81
09-09-2010, 07:44 PM
That escalated quickly.

zacharync
09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Ive had enough baseball for 1 day.

This.

ThornWithin81
09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Of course he went yard off of Todd Coffey.

mlh1981
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Football time.......

redlegs2370
09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
The Reds luck has run out, I thought when the Braves went up 3-0 they might get it done and still have a 6 game lead. Redbirds rallied and now Wainright is locked in. Everyone is crowning the Reds Central Division champs and I think everyone has over reacted. You never underestimate the heart of a champion and that is just what the Cardinals are.

mckbearcat48
09-09-2010, 08:18 PM
6-3 Cards on a double play flyout.
7-3 on a Pujols HR.

Jair Jurrjens sucks.

mlh1981
09-09-2010, 08:19 PM
The Reds luck has run out, I thought when the Braves went up 3-0 they might get it done and still have a 6 game lead. Redbirds rallied and now Wainright is locked in. Everyone is crowning the Reds Central Division champs and I think everyone has over reacted. You never underestimate the heart of a champion and that is just what the Cardinals are.

and that too might be an overreaction :D

redlegs2370
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM
The Cardinals smell blood, I wouldn't be shocked if they sweep the Braves. They will obviously win tonight and Carpenter will not lose. Big momentum will be on their side and will take Sat & Sun games too.

redsfanmia
09-09-2010, 08:22 PM
The Cardinals smell blood, I wouldn't be shocked if they sweep the Braves. They will obviously win tonight and Carpenter will not lose. Big momentum will be on their side and will take Sat & Sun games too.

True, the Reds will be lucky to finish with a winning record and the Cardinals will not lose the rest of the season.

redlegs2370
09-09-2010, 08:25 PM
True, the Reds will be lucky to finish with a winning record and the Cardinals will not lose the rest of the season.

Hey the Rockies won 21 of their last 22 a couple of years ago and the Cardinals have better pitching than the Rox had. While I don't think the Reds will lose the rest of the way out, I don't think the Reds will get above 86 wins for the season. Pitching is too thin and the bats are slow. Not getting enough production in front or behind Votto so he will see fewer pitches to swing at.

mckbearcat48
09-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Holliday ejected for "arguing"...I think.

ThornWithin81
09-09-2010, 08:34 PM
This is a little unsettling. Just one game though.

mckbearcat48
09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Rasmus HR...8-3

Jefferson24
09-09-2010, 08:37 PM
So the lead is 5. Anyone concerned? I most certainly am. We have 7 games at home coming up, win less than 4 of those and this thing is wide open.

cw0802
09-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Yep...Holliday thrown..he was a good 20 feet from the ump when he was tossed. ..could have been tossing his helmet and bat or could have been the "that was bull *bleep*"...he did have a right to argue...that pitch started outside and stayed there.

mckbearcat48
09-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Yep...Holliday thrown..he was a good 20 feet from the ump when he was tossed. ..could have been tossing his helmet and bat or could have been the "that was bull *bleep*"...he did have a right to argue...that pitch started outside and stayed there.

Ump didn't toss him until he was nearly at the dugout. I saw him throw the helmet, but I think he was already rung by then.

GIDP
09-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Ill worry when the lead is 3 games.

ThornWithin81
09-09-2010, 08:59 PM
So the lead is 5. Anyone concerned? I most certainly am. We have 7 games at home coming up, win less than 4 of those and this thing is wide open.

I disagree, since I don't expect the Cardinals to win this series against Atlanta outright. If we both maintain a similar pace, we win in the end.

I'll worry if they sweep Atlanta and we come out ugly against Pittsburgh. Don't see that happening though.

cw0802
09-09-2010, 09:45 PM
11-3...Rasmus 4-4 2hr

Jefferson24
09-09-2010, 09:53 PM
I disagree, since I don't expect the Cardinals to win this series against Atlanta outright. If we both maintain a similar pace, we win in the end.

I'll worry if they sweep Atlanta and we come out ugly against Pittsburgh. Don't see that happening though.

Hope you are right. Right now I have no faith in any of our pitchers and the bats aren't keeping us in high scoring games. Maybe getting home will change all that.

frivolousz21
09-09-2010, 09:58 PM
the Reds are going to win the Central..chill out.

ThornWithin81
09-09-2010, 10:21 PM
One bad road trip does not make (Or break) a season.

skywalker
09-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Bruce :):)

MikeThierry
09-09-2010, 10:56 PM

This pains me to say it as a Cards fan but the Cards do not have a heart of a champion this year. Its maddening to watch this team struggle against bad teams but look like world beaters against good teams. The Reds have an easy schedule against teams under .500 for the rest of the season so this division is theirs. The only hope for the Cards is to gain some ground in the Wild Card. We do have a 4 game series against the Padres and a 4 game series against the Rockies at Busch left so maybe they will continue the trend of playing well against good teams. I don't know, I just don't feel it for this Cards team this year. Reds fans, I wouldn't worry.

Also, the person earlier mentioned something about Pujols not running out a ball or something. Well he has not been right since rolling over on his ankle in Washington. He is playing with an ankle injury right now. While I admire him for it, there has been a clear deterioration in his place since that accident.

BurgervilleBuck
09-10-2010, 12:52 AM
This pains me to say it as a Cards fan but the Cards do not have a heart of a champion this year. Its maddening to watch this team struggle against bad teams but look like world beaters against good teams. The Reds have an easy schedule against teams under .500 for the rest of the season so this division is theirs. The only hope for the Cards is to gain some ground in the Wild Card. We do have a 4 game series against the Padres and a 4 game series against the Rockies at Busch left so maybe they will continue the trend of playing well against good teams. I don't know, I just don't feel it for this Cards team this year. Reds fans, I wouldn't worry.

Also, the person earlier mentioned something about Pujols not running out a ball or something. Well he has not been right since rolling over on his ankle in Washington. He is playing with an ankle injury right now. While I admire him for it, there has been a clear deterioration in his place since that accident.
Be quiet! Can't you see we're trying to lighten the bandwagon? ;)

I'm glad the Reds have the cushion. It was built for times like these. Could you imagine the panic that would've set in around here had the Reds not had an incredible August?

Swampturkey
09-10-2010, 10:39 AM

I was about to comment on that as well. Pujols' range at first has even diminished since he rolled his ankle and his power left him for a bit as well. He has gotten that back the last two days, but he still has issues with running. LaRussa claims (although Pujols wouldn't admit to it) that Pujols is also nursing a sore/stiff back.

I think it's amazing that he's able to play as much as he is with the back, ankle and elbow "ouchies". He hardly ever misses a game. He's a bulldog.