PDA

View Full Version : Will The Reds Bring Up Balentien?

markedmanner
09-10-2010, 11:23 AM
I have found this move kind of curious by the management. Why have they not brought up a 4th outfielder? They have 3 healthy outfielders right now. Cario would be the backup if someone goes down. Really Cario in the outfield? Not to mention Heisey has not been to great lately either. It would be nice to have someone to rotate with him. I say why not bring up Balentien? Why do you think they haven't done this? I would have brought him up when Bruce went down. I know Balentien was hurt but Bruce went down before that. Balentien is back now. I say bring him on up. What do you say?

BPhil4
09-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Didn't he get hurt??

Mr. Redlegs73
09-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Balentien is not on the 40 man roster, so that is why he has not been brought up. Until there is room on the 40 man he will stay in Louisville.

Jr's Boy
09-10-2010, 01:25 PM
They need to do something.Cause Heisey aint getting it done filling in for Bruce.

lidspinner
09-10-2010, 02:04 PM
it wont be easy and it wont make them any friends, but send Harang packing and put Wlad on the 40....simple as that....Aaron is not going to do anything other than fill in when and if we clinch the Central.....The Reds are not going to put AH back on that mound unless it is the last possibly option left and I dont see that happening.

I see a few other options for the 40 man as well, but the Harang option is the best for the team in the view of wins and losses.

AWA85
09-10-2010, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't lose any sleep if DRH was sent packing, just not sure the Reds are going to make a move at all.

lidspinner
09-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I wouldn't lose any sleep if DRH was sent packing, just not sure the Reds are going to make a move at all.

good call....I see no way he helps this team next year at all....and there is zero chance he helps us this year, so cut his butt and get Wlad up here, he was on a freaking hot streak that we could use.

NorrisHopper30
09-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Balentien is on the DL.

BEETTLEBUG
09-10-2010, 10:04 PM
He is playing DH for the Bats so get him up here bye DRH

Kingspoint
09-11-2010, 12:00 AM
He was the only guy to reach base the first 5 innings. He walked in the 2nd.

Look forward to him joining the REDS after the Bat's playoffs are over with.

takealeake
09-11-2010, 12:46 AM
After the Bats win it all, there will only be a couple weeks in the season, so why bother bringing him up. :P

Kingspoint
09-11-2010, 03:06 AM
After the Bats win it all, there will only be a couple weeks in the season, so why bother bringing him up. :P

Because we're going to be fighting for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

markedmanner
09-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Well I guess we do have Edmonds back now. I posted this before he came of the DL and Bruce should hopefully be back here in the next few games I hope. And I really hope that his bat is as hot as it was right before he went on the DL. Good job by Heisey on getting on with a bunt last night but he just hasnt been getting it done for the most part at the plate.

Rockermann
09-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Well I guess we do have Edmonds back now. I posted this before he came of the DL...

I doubt Edmonds will be on the field again this year. Bringing him off the DL was just a clerical move. It really makes no difference this time of year with the expanded rosters. Most reports still have him in pretty bad shape.

Can they release someone on the DL? If not, it's possible they moved him off the DL so they can release him to open up a 40 man spot. That's the only thing I can think of, cause I seriously doubt he's going to be in playing shape anytime soon.

GIDP
09-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Starting for your Cincinnati Reds tonight Right Fielder Miguel Cairo.

Rockermann
09-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Starting for your Cincinnati Reds tonight Right Fielder Miguel Cairo.

That's cause he's batting 1.000 off of Charlie Morton. He's 2 for 2. :)

Krawhitham
09-11-2010, 03:29 PM
I doubt Edmonds will be on the field again this year. Bringing him off the DL was just a clerical move. It really makes no difference this time of year with the expanded rosters. Most reports still have him in pretty bad shape.

Can they release someone on the DL? If not, it's possible they moved him off the DL so they can release him to open up a 40 man spot. That's the only thing I can think of, cause I seriously doubt he's going to be in playing shape anytime soon.

The correct clerical move would had been to move him to the 60-day DL which would have opened up a spot for an outfielder on the 40 man roster.

Releasing him is still an option but he seems to be a good influence on Bruce, if they had 60 Day DL'ed him he could still help Bruce and not take a spot on the 40 man roster.

GIDP
09-11-2010, 03:31 PM

Probably.

texasdave
09-11-2010, 04:16 PM

Alot of folks must be hitting 1.000 against Charlie Morton. His ERA is near double digits.

Natty Redlocks
09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
The correct clerical move would had been to move him to the 60-day DL which would have opened up a spot for an outfielder on the 40 man roster.

Releasing him is still an option but he seems to be a good influence on Bruce, if they had 60 Day DL'ed him he could still help Bruce and not take a spot on the 40 man roster.

They must still be thinking he'll be available for the playoffs. I'd think they'd know more than we would, anyway.

Krawhitham
09-11-2010, 06:26 PM
They must still be thinking he'll be available for the playoffs. I'd think they'd know more than we would, anyway.

Then why keep Nix on the DL, he should be ready for the playoffs too. Plus he has done a lot more for the Reds this season than Edmonds

brm7675
09-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I give up, both Dusty and Walt are doing their best to screw this team.

brm7675
09-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Alot of folks must be hitting 1.000 against Charlie Morton. His ERA is near double digits.

Watch him shut down the Reds tonight...:rolleyes:

Kingspoint
09-11-2010, 10:17 PM
We now are tied with Atlanta, Philadelphia and San Diego with 61 losses each at the end of Saturday.

Last one to blink wins.

markedmanner
09-11-2010, 11:57 PM

I read that Edmonds himself was surprised he was taken off the DL. I doubt we will see him in much more than a pinch hit role... I guess having Cario in RF worked out ok tonight. Plus I only saw one ball even hit to him. ha. And Heisey was put in later in the game. I guess he is ok now?

09-12-2010, 12:45 AM
When the Reds started playing with just three outfielders on the roster, they were seven games ahead of the Cardinals. Now, over a week later, they are... seven games ahead of the Cardinals.

Basically the Reds understand that one backup doesn't have much effect on the outcome of games. I remember Bobby Valentine talking about one season when he only had 5 infielders on the roster the whole season. He only regretted it in one game the whole year, and they still won that game.

And what's the cost right now? Burning out Heisey? So what, once Bruce is back in a few days, he'll have plenty of time to rest up on the bench.

markedmanner
09-12-2010, 03:49 PM
When the Reds started playing with just three outfielders on the roster, they were seven games ahead of the Cardinals. Now, over a week later, they are... seven games ahead of the Cardinals.

Basically the Reds understand that one backup doesn't have much effect on the outcome of games. I remember Bobby Valentine talking about one season when he only had 5 infielders on the roster the whole season. He only regretted it in one game the whole year, and they still won that game.

And what's the cost right now? Burning out Heisey? So what, once Bruce is back in a few days, he'll have plenty of time to rest up on the bench.

I guess your thinking makes sense really. Bruce should be back Tuesday now. And I must say even though Heisey doesnt get it most of the time at the plate but we we need a hit in key situations he seems to get it.