PDA

View Full Version : **september playoff watching**

rolenmvp
09-11-2010, 01:38 AM
if we can keep this posted to the top so, each day we can update on what's going on.

btw. padres are down 1-0 in the 8th, and if the giants hold on they will be in first place. quite remarkable what kind of chokejob the padres put on, they were leading that division by 8 games at one-point.

rolenmvp
09-11-2010, 02:10 AM
giants win. padres and giants are tied for first place for the first time since june 18th, that's how long the padres have been in first, going to be a battle in that division. also, colorado is now 2.5 back.

DirtyBaker
09-11-2010, 02:18 AM
I hope the Reds can somehow play the padres in the NLDS. They are about as cold as can be ATM.

rolenmvp
09-11-2010, 03:40 AM
NL races are heating up. braves trail phillies by 1 game in the NL east, while out in the west the giants and the padres are tied for first place, not to mention that the rockies are 2.5 games back as well.

REDS increase their lead to 6 games ahead of the cardinals in the NL central.

while in the wildcard race it's getting tight. braves have edge over san fran and padres by 1 game virtually because they are tied in division, while the rockies are 3.5 back, while the cardinals are still 6.5 back.

this race is going to be fun but right now, it's all about positioning and getting that edge in these games we should win, I am just surprised at how bad the padres have been, amazing what can happen, and baseball is funny like that.

redsfan_12
09-11-2010, 02:25 PM
I would feel pretty confident playing the Paddies. Honestly, I just dont want to play the Phillies. I feel like we match up well with the Braves and Padres.

arkimadee
09-11-2010, 02:27 PM
i hope we have a matchup against the yankees myself!!!!!

New York Red
09-11-2010, 03:17 PM
i hope we have a matchup against the yankees myself!!!!!
That would be my dream series. I deal with Yankee fans on a daily basis. They're everywhere! And all I can really ever throw at them is "1976!". It sure would be nice to add "2010" to that.

:beerme:

mlh1981
09-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Noone in the world predicted that the Padres would have a year like they have had, so maybe it's a reverting back to the "mean?"

gedred69
09-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Noone in the world predicted that the Padres would have a year like they have had, so maybe it's a reverting back to the "mean?"

Probably correct here, but I can't help but root for the low-budget teams. The Twins model makes them my favorite AL team . Make good draft choices, and in a few years when they get expensive, let 'em walk because they already have replacement parts developed. (with the exceptions of Mauer, Morneau, and Nathan, of course).

rolenmvp
09-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Padres win today, they are now 1 game up again on the giants, while the braves and cardinals are battling it out in atlanta tied at 3.

also, the mets beat the phillies today.

mlh1981
09-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Probably correct here, but I can't help but root for the low-budget teams. The Twins model makes them my favorite AL team . Make good draft choices, and in a few years when they get expensive, let 'em walk because they already have replacement parts developed. (with the exceptions of Mauer, Morneau, and Nathan, of course).

Agreed

rolenmvp
09-12-2010, 01:01 AM
update on the playoff picture, things are heating up in the NL west, padres won today which means the giants are 1 game back and the rockies with their win stayed 2.5 games back.

over in the NL east, it's going to come down probably to the last game of the year. phillies and braves are tied for first in division, with both leading the wildcard due them being tied in divison which means...san francisco is 2 back, rockies are 3.5 games back and the cardinals are now 7.5 games back.

over in the NL Central it's pretty simple right now, up 7 games and the magic number has been cut down to 15 games, take care of business and it's ours. the cardinals run of winning the central is about over.

going to be fun the next 3 weeks, that's for sure.