PDA

View Full Version : I wish more of the team would show up

takealeake
09-11-2010, 10:40 PM
It seems like we're struggling and when we win its on the backs of a few players. Usually one good pitching performance by someone, then a couple of big hits by our key players (Votto or Rolen.)

Really wish guys would play better when called up in a situation when they're handed a lead or a situation when they don't have to do anything spectacular to help the team. I.E. - Cabrera or Phillips trying to swing for a hero shot.

Votto said it all in the postgame when asked about the homerun. He said he wasn't worried about the homerun just worried about hitting the ball hard in play. And I think that's what separates him from other guys. He's not thinking about hitting a homerun and winning the game, he's thinking about hitting the ball hard and putting it in play with a good swing with what pitch he's given. If a homerun comes, then so be it. I wish more of our guys would have that kind of attitude.

RedCanuck
09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
It seems like we're struggling and when we win its on the backs of a few players. Usually one good pitching performance by someone, then a couple of big hits by our key players (Votto or Rolen.)

Really wish guys would play better when called up in a situation when they're handed a lead or a situation when they don't have to do anything spectacular to help the team. I.E. - Cabrera or Phillips trying to swing for a hero shot.

Votto said it all in the postgame when asked about the homerun. He said he wasn't worried about the homerun just worried about hitting the ball hard in play. And I think that's what separates him from other guys. He's not thinking about hitting a homerun and winning the game, he's thinking about hitting the ball hard and putting it in play with a good swing with what pitch he's given. If a homerun comes, then so be it. I wish more of our guys would have that kind of attitude.

guys strugle and get hot through out the year, we have had some other heros in come from behind wins this season.

I think this is a big win even if it was just against the Bucks. After that road trip its nice to get a couple wins. You have guys in slumps and a lot of injured players right now, look at the outfield! To knock a couple more digits off the magic number is great.