PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions...

SWIndRed
09-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Right before the pitch Votto hit out, I noticed my Sports Illustrated with Joey on the cover on the end table next to me. I turned it toward the TV and put my reading glasses over his eyes. Boom! He must have gotten an extra good look at that pitch. I take 0.1% credit for that walk off.

That is the absolute truth. If we're in the middle of a rally, no one is allowed to move from where they are sitting/standing. I am VERY superstitious.

09-12-2010, 12:46 AM
Right before the pitch Votto hit out, I noticed my Sports Illustrated with Joey on the cover on the end table next to me. I turned it toward the TV and put my reading glasses over his eyes. Boom! He must have gotten an extra good look at that pitch. I take 0.1% credit for that walk off.

That is the absolute truth. If we're in the middle of a rally, no one is allowed to move from where they are sitting/standing. I am VERY superstitious.

I'm not superstitious, I just think that certain things are unlucky... :cool:

liminal
09-12-2010, 02:51 AM
I've been wanting to buy a new Reds hat for a while--wanting to upgrade to one of the nice, all red fitted caps--as the one I've had for going on 6 or 7 years is getting pretty disgusting (and it was a cheapy).

I just can't bring myself to do it though, because I'm afraid the old hat is good luck.

Completely irrational, I know. But...you know.

13 in hall
09-12-2010, 03:26 AM
Mine is quite strange just started it this year. I refuse to look at the Reds upcoming schedule. I have no idea who they will play unless I read it here or I hear the broadcasters mention the upcoming games. I would look at it all the time before and plot wins and losses so the team could contend I decided to stop and let me say it has been tough but for me it's working. It's kinda fun waking turning on Extra Innings and seeing what time the game starts and who we will be playing. Man kinda crazy on the social life but hey we shall be playing October baseball so I aint changing nothing.

jhiller21
09-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Right before the Votto HR I made my buddies do rally caps, even my 59-50 fitted cap was rallied, and it worked.

RedsLvr
09-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Every time I turn away from the TV, the reds do something horrendous. It's as if they only play good when I'm watching. :P
8-0 at home games this year, by the way.

redssince75
09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I've been wanting to buy a new Reds hat for a while--wanting to upgrade to one of the nice, all red fitted caps--as the one I've had for going on 6 or 7 years is getting pretty disgusting (and it was a cheapy).

I just can't bring myself to do it though, because I'm afraid the old hat is good luck.

Completely irrational, I know. But...you know.

Yeah, the Reds have had a really good run the last 6-7 years....thanks.....

:cool:

09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I will change channels from the Extra Innings channel to the actual FSN Ohio channel if the Reds are losing and sometimes even to the opposing team's broadcast if the Reds are continuing to lose.

New York Red
09-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I've been wanting to buy a new Reds hat for months now, but I know the second I do the Reds are going to go into a severe tailspin.

So I'll wait til after the season to add to my Reds hat collection. :rolleyes:

justincredible
09-14-2010, 10:32 AM
Every time I turn away from the TV, the reds do something horrendous. It's as if they only play good when I'm watching. :P
8-0 at home games this year, by the way.

I was 9-0 with 10-0 just one strike away and Cordero had to kill it for me on Sunday. Worst feeling of my life.

Okay, maybe not. Still gut wrenching. :)

Road Pop
09-16-2010, 12:33 AM
If it's late in the game and real close, I make my dog sit with me. This is the first year I've done this.

In the past, I used to switch hats for each different Reds pitcher in a game. Thank God I have a lotta hats.