PDA

View Full Version : Bright Spots to a 2-5 Week?

redlegs2370
09-12-2010, 09:44 PM
1. Reds only lose 1 game off their lead in the standings. The Reds went into Monday with a 7 game lead on the Cards. Unless the Braves come from behind the lead will be 6 games.

2. 3 straight quality starts by Reds starting pitchers.

3. Chapman has still looked impressive, except for not holding the runners on against the pirates.

Can anybody think of any other positives I'm missing?

markedmanner
09-12-2010, 09:51 PM
4. Votto Still having a MVP type year.

5. Bailey,Volquez and Cueto all had amazing outings the past few days.

Thats just to add a couple...

KYRedLeg
09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
4. Votto Still having a MVP type year.

5. Bailey,Volquez and Cueto all had amazing outings the past few days.

Thats just to add a couple...

#5 was covered by #2, but I think your #4 is important to note. The sheer look of relief on Votto's face as he watched that ball sail away makes me think he may be coming out of his slump.

#6 - We have a Cuban Missile. I think I saw at least 4 pitches at 103 MPH when I was at the game on Friday.

#7 - I would look at the defense this past weekend, and take some comfort. Our offense is sliding, but we kept the Pirates at bay for the first 7-8 innings...until our closer blew it all three nights.

#8 - Friday night, when we nearly played our entire bullpen, they kept the game tied. Except for what Cordero put into motion, our relievers tossed good ball.

Natty Redlocks
09-12-2010, 10:53 PM
6. They're getting all their losing out of the way now, before the playoffs.

7. Jay Bruce will be well rested if he ever plays baseball again.

8. The offense hasn't looked terrible, just a little worn out and unlucky.

9. It is now less likely anyone will surprise a Reds pitcher by stealing home.

10. Yonder Alonso looks pretty darn good so far.

11. The Cardinals are starting to resemble the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They'll bite our legs off!

New York Red
09-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Drew Stubbs has been hitting pretty well, despite the continued strikeouts. I believe he'd had multiple hits in four of his last five games before today.

BAKER12
09-12-2010, 11:56 PM
It is a funny thing, having such a crummy week and not really feeling the heat from the second place team. It is just a goofy pennant race in the Central. It appears (at least to me) the guy managing the first place team is a lame duck manager and the guy who has had a very underwhelming season with the Cards will replace him in 2011.

09-13-2010, 12:13 AM
It is a funny thing, having such a crummy week and not really feeling the heat from the second place team. It is just a goofy pennant race in the Central. It appears (at least to me) the guy managing the first place team is a lame duck manager and the guy who has had a very underwhelming season with the Cards will replace him in 2011.

Just curiously, why does it appear that way to you?

redssince75
09-13-2010, 05:25 PM

Well I agree with the first half....it's weird to have such a bad 2 weeks but not really lose ground and still have a big lead. The way we're playing, it feels like we should be 6 back, not 6 up.

The second half........can I have some of what you're smoking?

BAKER12
09-13-2010, 11:45 PM
I just have a hunch (bad one) that Dusty is going home (LA) and Walt and Bob give LaRussa the job.