PDA

View Full Version : bark in the park

fielder's choice
09-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I wanna go to the game tonight, but I dont wanna worry about dodging pee and poop while I'm there, are the doggies confined to a certain section or how does that work???

davereds24
09-14-2010, 11:31 AM
I wanna go to the game tonight, but I dont wanna worry about dodging pee and poop while I'm there, are the doggies confined to a certain section or how does that work???

1 section near the foul pole lower level. i think it's near the right field pole.

ThornWithin81
09-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Such a terrible promotion. Every time I hear it mentioned I feel like we're a AAA team.

texasdave
09-14-2010, 11:48 AM
1 section near the foul pole lower level. i think it's near the right field pole.

I bet that foul pole is soaked by the end of the night. Those dogs are gonna bring new meaning to the term FOUL pole. :)

Boston Red
09-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Such a terrible promotion. Every time I hear it mentioned I feel like we're a AAA team.

First-place AAA teams get better attendance than the Reds had last night.

GIDP
09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Every major league team has this promotion. I cant believe how many people complain about everythin.

Boston Red
09-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Every major league team has this promotion.

Not Boston. So ha, it's only 31 teams.

texasdave
09-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Can you even imagine the chaos that would ensue if a ball was hit into that section? A couple hundred dogs going after one ball? Nice.

GIDP
09-14-2010, 12:09 PM
To be fair Fenway is already a pile anyways its not like they need to add to it.

New York Red
09-14-2010, 01:08 PM
They had dog day at Yankee Stadium recently. I actually think it's pretty cool, and have wondered how my dog would behave in that setting. He's an 85-pound, 4-year old boxer who still has a lot of puppy in him. I don't think I'll be taking him to any games in the near future.

GIDP
09-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I would take my dog if I thought he could handle being around that many other dogs, and also if I felt like watching my dog for 3 hours of a ball game in the hot sun.

Too much of a hassle to take a dog to the park especially when you likely have to leave before it ends anyways.

redsfan_12
09-14-2010, 01:33 PM
I would love to take my little Bichon Frise, named Votto :beerme:. But I dont think he woud like the 2 1/2 hr drive lol

brm7675
09-14-2010, 01:58 PM

This is one of the top promotions MLB wide. The Reds are not the only team to do it and it sells out in minutes. Why are you so anti dog?

09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
My favorite promotion of all time. But I am a huge dog lover and would take my dog with me everywhere if I could. I can't think of anything better than watching a Reds game with my best friend.

Jr's Boy
09-14-2010, 02:32 PM
Shotzie says hi.

Redsfanao
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
My favorite promotion of all time. But I am a huge dog lover and would take my dog with me everywhere if I could. I can't think of anything better than watching a Reds game with my best friend.

Couldn't have said it any better. Those are my sentiments exactly.

bounty37h
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I dont know, I am the biggest dog lover I know, but just simply dont get the point behind this promo-not bashing, just dont get it. Do you and your dog talk about the play that just happened? Guess what pitch is coming next? Debate whether to pinch hit? How ya feel missing that bomb that was just hit to take your dog for a dump?

redsfan_12
09-14-2010, 05:43 PM

you said it. I do it everynight. I like to break out his little Votto jersey for big games :)

mlh1981
09-14-2010, 07:26 PM
I wonder how often dogs escape from their owners and end up running around the field?

New York Red
09-14-2010, 07:51 PM
I wonder how often dogs escape from their owners and end up running around the field?
That's one of the things I'd be concerned about if I took my dog. That and about 20 other things. It's an adventure sometimes just taking him for a walk. I can't imagine him in a major league ballpark.

:)

09-14-2010, 10:36 PM
I dont know, I am the biggest dog lover I know, but just simply dont get the point behind this promo-not bashing, just dont get it. Do you and your dog talk about the play that just happened? Guess what pitch is coming next? Debate whether to pinch hit? How ya feel missing that bomb that was just hit to take your dog for a dump?

Well for the record, my dog Owen is a huge Reds fan. His favorite player is Joey Votto, since he leads the team in walks, which is what Owen loves best. However he also is a fan of Nick Masset Hound and Russ Springer Spaniel.

Owen does have a very high OBP (Obnoxious Bark Percentage) and an even higher OPS (Offensive Pee Syndrome), but he also has too high of a FIP (Food Ingested Problem).

Still I prefer watching games with him than my girlfriend, who once asked how the players know which base to run to.

RedCanuck
09-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Well for the record, my dog Owen is a huge Reds fan. His favorite player is Joey Votto, since he leads the team in walks, which is what Owen loves best. However he also is a fan of Nick Masset Hound and Russ Springer Spaniel.

Owen does have a very high OBP (Obnoxious Bark Percentage) and an even higher OPS (Offensive Pee Syndrome), but he also has too high of a FIP (Food Ingested Problem).

Still I prefer watching games with him than my girlfriend, who once asked how the players know which base to run to.

...what did you tell her?

BUTLER REDSFAN
09-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Kinda grossly ironic but was sitting on the back porch listening for a few to tonights game...the dog that lives in the house directly behind me came out and took a big dump in the yard and then promptly turned around and started eating it.....I thought I was gonna puke.....

texasdave
09-14-2010, 10:50 PM

He told her the players can just pick and patch their way around the bases. :)

RedCanuck
09-14-2010, 10:59 PM
He told her the players can just pick and patch their way around the bases. :)

Well he did say girlfriend, not ex-girlfriend.

But I am willing to wager large amounts of cash he is not sharing ice cream and fresh baked cookies with her when the Reds are on!;)

09-14-2010, 11:23 PM

I told her, "Well, maybe we should just be friends."

Just kidding. She had never seen a baseball game before, and this was when I was watching her first game with her and trying to explain it as we watched. She actually now is a big fan, and has made great strides in understanding the game, even if she gets the lingo wrong every now and then... "he was out at home base, ump!", or "the thirdbase player was very good tonight."

Still, if she ever made me choose between her and the dog...

RedCanuck
09-15-2010, 01:05 AM
I told her, "Well, maybe we should just be friends."

Just kidding. She had never seen a baseball game before, and this was when I was watching her first game with her and trying to explain it as we watched. She actually now is a big fan, and has made great strides in understanding the game, even if she gets the lingo wrong every now and then... "he was out at home base, ump!", or "the thirdbase player was very good tonight."

Still, if she ever made me choose between her and the dog...

RedCanuck
09-15-2010, 01:13 AM
...I'll try this again.

We should take her to a hockey game and you can explain "icing" to her. Then explain there is no icing when the other team is on a "power-play".

I have been through this. A lot of awkward silence follows.

bounty37h
09-15-2010, 09:18 AM

hahaha, I stand corrected sir. Good stuff.

bounty37h
09-15-2010, 09:22 AM

Reminds me of a kid I used to play ball with. His g-friend came to all the games, came up after first inning and asked the score, replied 1-0 us. Next inning, 3-0 us. A few innings pass, she asks again, this time say 6-0 us, she responds "whos winning now?". Lucky for him she was hot at least.

EddieMilner
09-15-2010, 09:32 AM

People enjoy being around their pets. Besides hanging around the house, playing in the yard, and taking walks there aren't a ton of activities to do with a dog. So when something different comes up, pet owners will (at times) jump at the opportunity to break up the monotony. In Chicago they have architectural tours via boats along the River. On Sunday mornings (a tour they had previously poor showings for) they decided to make it a dog friendly tour, now you have to purchases tickets in advance for it.

Personally - I think that having a single dog around is great, having anything more than that (especially if they are big and playful) is awful. When my dog was a puppy I would always want to bring him over to other peoples houses, then my friends started to return the favor with their dogs. Now I am content spending time with him taking runs, throwing the tennis ball and sitting on the back porch listening to Marty be grumpy while I drink a beer.

Road Pop
09-16-2010, 12:18 AM
I'd take my Boxer Butch in a heart beat if I still lived in Cincy. If it stressed him too much, or he was too hyper, take him home. I'd be more worried about all the butt sniffing with dogs and humans. Yes, he's a sniffer dog.

Also a good thing for someone that wants to go to a game, but have no human companions to go with, and really don't want to go alone.

Thers a bar in Delhi called "The Dawghaus". Check it out. I think it's on Pedretti.