PDA

View Full Version : Pujols Out Of Lineup Tonight

HalMorrisRules
09-14-2010, 06:35 PM
For those of you who might be interested in how the Cardinals do tonight....for whatever reason. ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5573220

davereds24
09-14-2010, 07:03 PM
time for joey to get back in the home run race, although the batting title looks out of the question with infante and cargo.

GIDP
09-14-2010, 07:06 PM
time for joey to get back in the home run race, although the batting title looks out of the question with infante and cargo.

Cargo will fall back to earth when he plays somewhere other than Coors later on in the season.

mlh1981
09-14-2010, 07:18 PM
He's been banged up all season long.

Maybe they just shut him down at some point, once they are eliminated from the race?

HalMorrisRules
09-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Maybe they just shut him down at some point, once they are eliminated from the race?

The posters on Cards Talk are thinking they might have already started to shut him down.

New York Red
09-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Is this a sign that the Cards feel like the division race might be over?

davereds24
09-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Cargo will fall back to earth when he plays somewhere other than Coors later on in the season.

probably not, he has a pretty solid average on the road.

scott91575
09-14-2010, 08:19 PM

Solid, but not anywhere near his overall average. He hits .385 at home, and .288 on the road (with a very average .760 OPS).

GIDP
09-14-2010, 08:25 PM

He hits .400 at home, and under .290 on the road. It will fall.

Vottomatic
09-14-2010, 08:39 PM

Pujols is one of those players I jokingly and playfully love to hate........and I say alot of over-the-top things on here..........but I'll admit, I have a deep respect for him........and while I hope the Cards fold, and I was hoping Votto would win the MVP out from under Albert..........I actually feel bad that this is happening to him.

davereds24
09-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Solid, but not anywhere near his overall average. He hits .385 at home, and .288 on the road (with a very average .760 OPS).

ops has nothing to do with the batting title

He hits .400 at home, and under .290 on the road. It will fall.

.288 over a few series' is not going to make it drop much.

GIDP
09-14-2010, 10:00 PM
ops has nothing to do with the batting title

.288 over a few series' is not going to make it drop much.

It will drop it from from .340 which is what the issue mainly is.

davereds24
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
It will drop it from from .340 which is what the issue mainly is.

How is this so hard for you to get, lol. The guy hits close .340, it doesn't matter what his splits are. He hits close to .340. He's not playing 20 road games straight, his home games he hits higher, his road games he hits lower. A couple extra road games is not going to lower his average to where Votto is.

Hey Meat
09-14-2010, 11:03 PM

They were talking about it the other day. He is hitting well below 300 on the road. Coors distortion has the same effect on his numbers that Coors beer has on a guys judgement.

davereds24
09-14-2010, 11:34 PM
They were talking about it the other day. He is hitting well below 300 on the road. Coors distortion has the same effect on his numbers that Coors beer has on a guys judgement.

I know exactly what his splits are, but you are missing the point also. He plays almost as many home games as road games. His average is not well below .300 on the road btw. His power numbers are much more different though.

GIDP
09-15-2010, 09:11 AM
How is this so hard for you to get, lol. The guy hits close .340, it doesn't matter what his splits are. He hits close to .340. He's not playing 20 road games straight, his home games he hits higher, his road games he hits lower. A couple extra road games is not going to lower his average to where Votto is.

So hes goin to hit .340 on the road during his remaining games? Is that seriously what you are going to say here?

His average will fall once he goes back on the road. His average is .340 right now because hes playing a long string of games at home. A week ago it was .329, then he started a long home stand.

It might not fall to Vottos level, and there are things that need to happen like a Votto hot streak, but his average wont be .340 at the end of the year.

Hey Meat
09-15-2010, 11:54 AM
I know exactly what his splits are, but you are missing the point also. He plays almost as many home games as road games. His average is not well below .300 on the road btw. His power numbers are much more different though.

Yeah, you are right, but still that is saying something about power numbers away from Coors being down.

MikeThierry
09-16-2010, 12:55 AM
I will always pick Albert Pujols, when healthy, in almost every hitting situation possible. He has been clutch his whole career and is probably the best hitter of the decade, if not in a generation. However, it would be CRIMINAL if Joey Votto does not win the MVP this year. Votto is a stud both on the road and at home. What amazes me about Votto this year is that he is actually hitting better on the road even though he plays at a stadium that is hitter friendly. I like Cargo but, as stated before, his home/road splits are too shocking to ignore. The voters really need to take that into consideration before even considering Cargo as MVP.