PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the St Louis fans now?

takealeake
09-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Just wondering. They've seemed to be conspicuously absent for a few weeks now. Hmm ... did I miss anything?

:owned:

Vottomatic
09-16-2010, 12:44 AM
They have no more games with us to gloat about. And they're getting beat repeatedly and in ugly fashion by sub-.500 teams.

justincredible
09-16-2010, 01:27 AM
They are exactly where they should be. Not here. :)

gedred69
09-16-2010, 01:44 AM
God I bristle at defending anything Cards, but StL fans are being true baseball fans, showing sportsmanship, and staying respectfully quiet while their team sinks. This to me is the opposite of the Cubs situation, I hate Cubs fans but respect the team. (Except for Zambrano, the temper tantrum little brat). With StL, I hate the team, (especially Carpenter) but respect their fans. They and the Brewers fans are by far the best when they come to GABP.

MikeThierry
09-16-2010, 01:48 AM
I'm here but this Cardinals baseball team has sucked all the enthusiasm for the sport out of me. Busch Stadium consistently has 40 thousand plus attend the games yet this team just doesn't care. They are almost spitting in the face of the fanbase. This is the most pathetic baseball I have seen in St. Louis since I became a fan in 1996 when I moved to St. Louis from Kansas City. I'm tired of putting my time and energy into a team that doesn't want to play the game. Does this make me a bad fan. Probably. I don't care. This team needs to be blown up and remade. St. Louis fans will not put up with another season like this one. I'm just glad football and hockey season are upon us. At least the Rams give us some hope and the Blues look playoff bound. Plus school and work is sort of a beast right now.

Signed:

A depressed baseball fan

arkimadee
09-16-2010, 02:04 AM
I'm here but this Cardinals baseball team has sucked all the enthusiasm for the sport out of me. Busch Stadium consistently has 40 thousand plus attend the games yet this team just doesn't care. They are almost spitting in the face of the fanbase. This is the most pathetic baseball I have seen in St. Louis since I became a fan in 1996 when I moved to St. Louis from Kansas City. I'm tired of putting my time and energy into a team that doesn't want to play the game. Does this make me a bad fan. Probably. I don't care. This team needs to be blown up and remade. St. Louis fans will not put up with another season like this one. I'm just glad football and hockey season are upon us. At least the Rams give us some hope and the Blues look playoff bound. Plus school and work is sort of a beast right now.

Signed:

A depressed baseball fan
oh come on dude.. you've been in two world series this decade and was in another pennant race up until a month ago. you are going through what this entire franchise has gone through the last decade, except we usually finished about 20 under .500 with no pitching. its not like the cards can't be fixed.. once larussa gets out of there the team chemistry will be better. trust me on this though. have a few more losing seasons and that crowd won't be 40,000 in september

MikeThierry
09-16-2010, 02:15 AM
Well, the crowds will always be close to about 40k no matter how good or bad the team is. St. Louis is baseball. The town's identity is based on its baseball team just like Boston loves its Red Sox no matter what or Canada living and dying by its national hockey teams. Its our version of Skyline Chili, so to speak (that's probably a bad analogy but I'll go with it anyway).

This is probably smug of me to say but the Cardinals are not like any other franchise and I don't think it is useful to say "well we've gone through this the last decade, etc". Just like the Yankees, we expect winning ball every single year. No exceptions. Failure (defined to me as not making the post season) is not an option.

Do I expect long suffering Reds fans to feel sympathy? Hell no. If I was in your position, I would gloat as much as possible and I would be happy at the Cardinals demise. However, at least try to see the Cards situation from our perspective.

Kingspoint
09-16-2010, 02:18 AM
In their mothers' basements.

arkimadee
09-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Well, the crowds will always be close to about 40k no matter how good or bad the team is. St. Louis is baseball. The town's identity is based on its baseball team just like Boston loves its Red Sox no matter what or Canada living and dying by its national hockey teams. Its our version of Skyline Chili, so to speak (that's probably a bad analogy but I'll go with it anyway).

This is probably smug of me to say but the Cardinals are not like any other franchise and I don't think it is useful to say "well we've gone through this the last decade, etc". Just like the Yankees, we expect winning ball every single year. No exceptions. Failure (defined to me as not making the post season) is not an option.

Do I expect long suffering Reds fans to feel sympathy? Hell no. If I was in your position, I would gloat as much as possible and I would be happy at the Cardinals demise. However, at least try to see the Cards situation from our perspective.
oh trust me.. i understand your point of view.. im a kentucky basketball fan.. what you just said describes the whole state of kentucky when uk has a bad year

Moosie52
09-16-2010, 08:12 AM
It's not the St. Louis fans that are missing. It's the players.

will5979
09-16-2010, 09:35 AM
God I bristle at defending anything Cards, but StL fans are being true baseball fans, showing sportsmanship, and staying respectfully quiet while their team sinks. This to me is the opposite of the Cubs situation, I hate Cubs fans but respect the team. (Except for Zambrano, the temper tantrum little brat). With StL, I hate the team, (especially Carpenter) but respect their fans. They and the Brewers fans are by far the best when they come to GABP.

Agreed.

The worst fans by far are Cubs fans at GABP with little bratty teenage Braves fans being a close, CLOSE #2.

paintmered
09-16-2010, 09:42 AM
Just wondering. They've seemed to be conspicuously absent for a few weeks now. Hmm ... did I miss anything?

:owned:

If you want to thump your chest, do it on another board.