PDA

View Full Version : DC Reds Fan

cacollinsmba
09-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Hello,

I have basically been "lurking" for a while...mainly because I don't get to watch many Reds games and generally am interested in what other people have to say than throwing my 2 cents in.

With the Reds potentially making the playoffs, I would enjoy catching some playoff games in the DC area with anyone else in the area (I am pretty sure there are a couple), so if anyone is in the same boat, or knows where "the" Reds bar is around here (I haven't found it), feel free to drop a line.

Thanks!

cumberlandreds
09-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Welcome aboard! It's good to know there are a few of us Reds fans in the DC area. I live out in Loudoun County and don't ever see anyone wearing a Reds cap or shirt around. I think there are a few more DC area fans on RZ but not that many.

cacollinsmba
09-17-2010, 11:15 AM
I think the only time I see people wearing the Reds caps are for gang affiliation purposes. :cool:

cumberlandreds
09-17-2010, 02:19 PM
I think the only time I see people wearing the Reds caps are for gang affiliation purposes. :cool:

Exactly. See quite a few of those around.

redsmetz
09-24-2010, 12:35 PM
I know my daughter took in a Reds game a place in the U Street area. I think someone set it up on Facebook. I can check with her to see where it was.

Rich1619
09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey, I live in DC. I am gonna go to The Bottom Line on Thursday for the game. I found that it is a Bengals bar and hopefully there might be some Reds fans that come out there.

I haven't found anywhere else that even might be a Reds bar so hopefully this place works out.

mam24rice
12-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Hello,

I have basically been "lurking" for a while...mainly because I don't get to watch many Reds games and generally am interested in what other people have to say than throwing my 2 cents in.

With the Reds potentially making the playoffs, I would enjoy catching some playoff games in the DC area with anyone else in the area (I am pretty sure there are a couple), so if anyone is in the same boat, or knows where "the" Reds bar is around here (I haven't found it), feel free to drop a line.

Thanks!

The Bottom Line is definitely the place to go for Reds games and definitely for a Bengals game. They serve JTM's and its an entire Cincinnati theme on Sunday's.

I'm in Alexandria and am always up for watching some games with some fellow Reds fans when possible. Looking forward to the Reds making 2 trips to the area next season--against the Orioles in June and in Washington later in the season.

DCSkyliner
02-09-2011, 09:10 PM
A week-long visit to my childhood home re-kindled my interest in the Reds near the end of last season. What a great year to dust off my Reds cap! I haven't followed baseball at all in several years, but will be rooting for the RedLegs this year. Hope to meet rare DC-Based Reds fans through this site. Looking forward to visits to Baltimore and The Bottom Line. Thanks for the tips.

DCSkyliner
03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Struck out at Bottom Line!
I took off early - burned half a days vacation - to meet Reds fans at the Bottom Line Saloon for opening day game from Cincy. A total bust! I even called before I left work, and was assured they were showing the game. Not only were they NOT showing the Reds, but I was the lone Reds fan in the joint!
And what a game! Thank goodness for Game Day.
Go Reds!

SanDiegoRed
03-31-2011, 07:16 PM
I live in Charlottesville Virginia and am a lifelong Reds fan...2.5 hours from DC

Strikes Out Looking
03-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Struck out at Bottom Line!
I took off early - burned half a days vacation - to meet Reds fans at the Bottom Line Saloon for opening day game from Cincy. A total bust! I even called before I left work, and was assured they were showing the game. Not only were they NOT showing the Reds, but I was the lone Reds fan in the joint!
And what a game! Thank goodness for Game Day.
Go Reds!

Where is the Bottom Line?
I'm in Montgomery County -- I know of a few Reds fans around (I wear my jacket all over, so I attract them like bees to honey).

rab
04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Also a lurker, also a DC Reds fan. The Bottom Line is near Farragut West I think, downtown. I've been there for a Bengals game and it was great, that sucks about opening day. If there get to be enough of us we could take over some place.