PDA

View Full Version : Jack Clark: Cardinals have Poopy in Their Pants

reds44
09-17-2010, 05:16 PM
http://redlegnation.com/2010/09/17/jack-clark-cardinals-have-poopy-in-their-pants/

“We’ve got one team here (San Diego) going for the title and we’ve got our team going for the toilet,” he said. “They’ve got poopy in their pants,” and he went on to make another off-color remark about what’s “in their britches.”

There's some other great quotes in there as well. Try to read "poopy in their pants" out loud without laughing.

Matt700wlw
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM
http://redlegnation.com/2010/09/17/jack-clark-cardinals-have-poopy-in-their-pants/

There's some other great quotes in there as well. Try to read "poopy in their pants" out loud without laughing.

Farts and poopy are always funny

Patrick Bateman
09-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Reds44, you were right to bring this to our attention.

reds44
09-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Reds44, you were right to bring this to our attention.
Oh come on I know I'm not the only one who found that funny.

Maybe it's cause I'm immature lol

Patrick Bateman
09-17-2010, 07:33 PM
I was not being sarcastic.

PuffyPig
09-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Farts and poopy are always funny

Especially when you combine the two, as in "poopy toots".

Scrap Irony
09-18-2010, 09:38 AM
I really like Jack Clark right now.

corkedbat
09-18-2010, 08:05 PM
almost as classic as "Someone left a dookie in the urinal," but close.

edabbs44
09-18-2010, 08:58 PM
almost as classic as "Someone left a dookie in the urinal," but close.

Maybe the Hardly Boys need to get involved.

RedsBaron
09-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Jack Clark deserves an award for his insightful analysis. :D

muddie
09-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Opinion:

Over the last 12 months or so I believe there has been a more pronounced division in the pre LaRussa era of Cardinals baseball and the current LaRussa era. Bringing McGwire into the dugout with all of his issues has heightened the divisons in my opinion.

Clark openly criticized McGwire before the season. He blasted his character from top to bottom for his use of PEDs. Herzog himself made it clear he was not impressed with McGwires actions either, though his explanations were not as colorful and candid as Clark's at the time. Some of the Cardinal nation responded by calling Herzog a quitter for walking out on the team in 1990. Never mind that he got the team to the WS three out of six years. Clark was soundly booed on the Cardinal caravan this past winter after his opinions were made public on McGwire while McGwire was roundly applauded on the caravan. I saw Clark roundly criticized on most all Cardinal fan boards. The excuses for McGwires sins were presented in volumes by the Cardinal fans that were blind to the past and all about today. The most common defense presented for McGwire was, 'everybody else does it so...' If you're looking for a reason to hate the Cardinals, you need no more than that. Several other Herzog era players voiced their opinions on McGwires presence in the dugout as well at the time, none being positive.

From the Ozzie Smith issue with LaRussa to today, there are periodic reminders of the divisions that exist in the two time periods. I firmly believe the LaRussa years are about to come to an end in St. Louis...for more reasons than wins and losses.

wally post
09-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Great post muddie! I agree with you all the way. But the right thing to do is to have morality playing in something a fan sees as a retreat from real life. They just want to win.
I honestly don't know if we have - or if we would just be root-toot-toot-followers for our Reds in this circumstance as you state the Cards' fans are or if we would see through the fog. IOW, for me, I don't blame the Cardinal fans for this reaction. They took the blue pill. Now the Cubs fans are another story! :D

reds44
09-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Opinion:

Over the last 12 months or so I believe there has been a more pronounced division in the pre LaRussa era of Cardinals baseball and the current LaRussa era. Bringing McGwire into the dugout with all of his issues has heightened the divisons in my opinion.

Clark openly criticized McGwire before the season. He blasted his character from top to bottom for his use of PEDs. Herzog himself made it clear he was not impressed with McGwires actions either, though his explanations were not as colorful and candid as Clark's at the time. Some of the Cardinal nation responded by calling Herzog a quitter for walking out on the team in 1990. Never mind that he got the team to the WS three out of six years. Clark was soundly booed on the Cardinal caravan this past winter after his opinions were made public on McGwire while McGwire was roundly applauded on the caravan. I saw Clark roundly criticized on most all Cardinal fan boards. The excuses for McGwires sins were presented in volumes by the Cardinal fans that were blind to the past and all about today. The most common defense presented for McGwire was, 'everybody else does it so...' If you're looking for a reason to hate the Cardinals, you need no more than that. Several other Herzog era players voiced their opinions on McGwires presence in the dugout as well at the time, none being positive.

From the Ozzie Smith issue with LaRussa to today, there are periodic reminders of the divisions that exist in the two time periods. I firmly believe the LaRussa years are about to come to an end in St. Louis...for more reasons than wins and losses.
Great post, that was more substance then I thought this thread would get lol.