PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Roster Question

Btrester151
09-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Are you able to add someone to the playoff roster who was acquired after September 1st if a member of the 25 man roster goes on the 60 day DL? If Jim Edmonds still isnt right can we add still add Bloomquist, or do we have to pull from the 40 man?

Thanks in advance for clearing this up for me.

09-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Are you able to add someone to the playoff roster who was acquired after September 1st if a member of the 25 man roster goes on the 60 day DL? If Jim Edmonds still isnt right can we add still add Bloomquist, or do we have to pull from the 40 man?

I believe this is the rule. Someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I am mistaken.

A team can add a player to playoff roster to replace an injured player if...

They have a player who was placed on the 60 day DL by Aug. 31 and

The player added was in the team's organization by Aug 31 and

The player added plays a similar position to the player being replaced.

The Reds currently have two players on the 60 DL who were on their by Aug. 31, so they can replace two players on the playoff roster due to injury. Bloomquist can not be added to replace Edmonds if Edmonds is injured because Bloomquist was not in the organization by Aug 31. However, Balentien or Dorn or Frazier, or any other position player in the Reds organization by Aug 31 can.

Hey Meat
09-18-2010, 03:21 PM

No Bloomquist can not be added to playoff roster.