PDA

View Full Version : Favor From a Cincy Local?

Edskin
09-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Just checking in to see if someone would be so kind as to volunteer to help me out...I would really like a copy of the Cincy Enquirer the morning after we clinch for a little collection I keep. I don't need the whole paper, just the sports section...or maybe the front page if that has a better pic/headline. I am more than willing to pay for the paper itself and all shipping costs. If anyone is interested, email me directly at edskin1@cox.net

Thanks!

redsmetz
09-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Just checking in to see if someone would be so kind as to volunteer to help me out...I would really like a copy of the Cincy Enquirer the morning after we clinch for a little collection I keep. I don't need the whole paper, just the sports section...or maybe the front page if that has a better pic/headline. I am more than willing to pay for the paper itself and all shipping costs. If anyone is interested, email me directly at edskin1@cox.net

Thanks!

Ed, I can probably handle it for you. I've even got an envelope large enough to send it to you intact (not folded) from when I bought up a bunch of the Nuxhall issues from the Enquirer & the Post that never sold).

Send me a PM regarding where to send it. You can pay me through PayPal or Google Checkout.

Edskin
09-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Great, thanks...sending PM right now.

SirFelixCat
09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Redsmetz, not to push the envelope, so-to-speak, but if you have an extra envelope and are willing, I'd love the same. If not, no worries, but I figure I'd ask. Thanks :)

redsmetz
09-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm used to shipping things everywhere since I sell stuff online and I'm at the Post Office everyday, so it's not a big deal. I'll see how many envelopes I have and how much they cost me (I think it was under $2), so just PM me too.

BCubb2003
09-23-2010, 12:37 PM
What's a newspaper? Just kidding. We should keep them alive for big days like this.

redsfaninbsg
09-23-2010, 12:50 PM
I'd love a newspaper as well if anybody can help out.

CarolinaRedleg
09-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Likewise. Been a long time coming and it would be nice to have something as a keepsake.

redsmetz
09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Is it important to folks to have the paper not folded? Folding it will allow for less costly mailing.

reds1869
09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Is it important to folks to have the paper not folded? Folding it will allow for less costly mailing.

My guess is that a lot of folks want to frame it. Hence, the no folding request. The Enquirer sells commemorative reprints for that very purpose if anyone is interested; I've included a link below.

http://cincinnati.mycapture.com/mycapture/reprints.asp

thatcoolguy_22
09-23-2010, 04:31 PM
pm pm en route...

Also I'm going to be driving to cinci for the home games (unless we're playing the braves) anyone want to loan a room :D I keed, but anyone know solids hotels to stay at that are walking distance to either the game or the nightlife area of cinci?

thatcoolguy_22
09-23-2010, 04:31 PM
pm pm en route...

Also I'm going to be driving to cinci for the home games (unless we're playing the braves) anyone want to loan a room :D I keed, but anyone know solids hotels to stay at that are walking distance to either the game or the nightlife area of cinci?

redsmetz
09-27-2010, 07:56 AM
My guess is that a lot of folks want to frame it. Hence, the no folding request. The Enquirer sells commemorative reprints for that very purpose if anyone is interested; I've included a link below.

http://cincinnati.mycapture.com/mycapture/reprints.asp

I've heard from five folks who want the paper. Pertaining to Reds1869's comment, for those who do want one, I need to know whether folks want them NOT folded because that's a different envelope that are a bit more expensive (I have two in stock). That's fine, but I just need to know.

If any of the five have decided to buy directly from the Enquirer, let me know that too.

redsmetz
09-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I'll grab the papers first thing in the morning.

Edskin
09-28-2010, 10:30 PM
I'll grab the papers first thing in the morning.

You da man, thanks!

Cicero
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
If anyone can set one aside for me as well I would be delighted to over compensate you for the time and effort.

redsmetz
09-29-2010, 08:02 AM
OK, I've picked up the papers and here's who I have that asked for them

Cincinnati8
TNRedleg (3 copies)
MississippiRed
Edskin
SirFelixCat
CarolinaRedleg
Cicero

Only Mississippi Red indicated whether it was OK to mail it folded (yes, he said), so I need to know whether anyone wants it NOT folded.

Also, the paper says there will be a commemorative issue coming out today, but it wasn't at my Kroger's. I can check later this morning to see if those are in and let me know if you want that ALSO.

Once I have folks answers (PM me, except for Cincy8 who can email me) then I'll get these out today.

Everyone seemed to indicate that they just want the Front Page and the Sports section. I'll assume that's the case unless someone tells me otherwise.

Edskin
09-29-2010, 09:06 AM
I thought I sent you a PM earlier, so in case you didn't get it, I'll post here...I am totally fine with having it folded, I only want the front page/sports section, and I am not interested in the commemorative issue. As soon as you get it all totaled, let me know and I will paypal you asap.

redsmetz
09-29-2010, 09:11 AM
I thought I sent you a PM earlier, so in case you didn't get it, I'll post here...I am totally fine with having it folded, I only want the front page/sports section, and I am not interested in the commemorative issue. As soon as you get it all totaled, let me know and I will paypal you asap.

Will do.

CarolinaRedleg
09-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Mine can be folded, no big deal.

Redsfan320
09-29-2010, 10:19 AM
BTW, this is the front page today (http://www.enquirer.com/editions/pdf/OH_CE_290910.pdf)

And in a smaller, but non PDF format for those who don't have Acrobat Reader (http://www.enquirer.com/editions/pdf/OH_CE_290910.jpg)

SirFelixCat
09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Not folded, please, and just the front page section & sports section. If you happen to pick up the commemorative thing, I'll take that too, but not nearly as big a deal as the paper.

Thanks again for this!

dougdirt
09-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Time to head to the store and get me a paper!

redsfan30
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Is it too late for me to get in on this???

bucksfan2
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
My wife works for the enquirer. She was out last night selling a 4 page special edition commemorating the Reds winning the division. She just called me to say most of their single copy retailers (think Kroger, UDF, etc.) have sold out of newspapers. They have volunteered to pick up more papers and deliver them to the stores.

edabbs44
09-29-2010, 02:18 PM
I contacted the newspaper via email and they are sold out of the Cincy edition. The customer service rep is trying to locate a copy for me.

Caveat Emperor
09-29-2010, 02:20 PM
My wife works for the enquirer. She was out last night selling a 4 page special edition commemorating the Reds winning the division. She just called me to say most of their single copy retailers (think Kroger, UDF, etc.) have sold out of newspapers. They have volunteered to pick up more papers and deliver them to the stores.

I bought three papers this morning at Starbucks on my way to work -- one for me, one for my friend Matt in Chicago (who also posts on here), and one for a friend in B'More. If I have time, I'll stop around today and see if I can find a few more copies in case anyone else wants a paper.

Also bought the 4 page "Extra" Edition from last night. I thought that was a really cool move from the Enquirer.

HeatherC1212
09-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Fay reported a little while ago that the Enquirer hopes to get some special edition papers of all the Reds stuff out to Krogers and other stores sometime this afternoon. That's very good for me since I never got around to picking up one this morning. I hope that is still there when I get off work. :(

redsmetz
09-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Is it too late for me to get in on this???

I sent a PM. You can have my last one.

redsfan30
09-29-2010, 02:32 PM
I sent a PM. You can have my last one.

Responded. Thanks so much!

edabbs44
09-29-2010, 02:36 PM
For how maligned printed news has become, nothing can replace a hard copy of a historic event.

dougdirt
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Total fail on my part. Went to 15 different places. Not a single copy. Bought the 'extra edition', but it has nothing about last nights game.

15fan
09-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Chris Carpenter and Tony LaRussa would each like a copy, too.

membengal
09-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Chris Carpenter and Tony LaRussa would each like a copy, too.

Carpenter definitely needs one. It will help him explain all this to his kids.

redsfan30
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM

Visual aides are the key.

redsmetz
09-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Folks, I was able to pick up 10 additional copies. It's the same as this morning's paper, but was just the front page and sports sections, which is what most folks wanted. The difference is this second group says "special edition" at the top. Let me know if anyone else wants one. Most have paid with PayPal, but for folks who don't have PayPal, I also have an account with Google Checkout and can send you a bill by email and you can pay by credit or debit card. Google handles it all, so I don't get access to your card info. Their security is very good. I've even had them rescind some sales on my website because the purchase didn't pass their security checks - disappointing on one hand, but glad to know it's vigilant.

bucksfan2
09-29-2010, 04:34 PM

It would be quite comical to send Carpenter an Enquirer with a not inside saying "How do you explain this to your son?"

Cicero
09-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Will do.

I sent my e-mail addy to you via pm. I prefer not folded because I intend to frame it but since I was so late to respond either way is fine.

paintmered
09-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Folks, I was able to pick up 10 additional copies. It's the same as this morning's paper, but was just the front page and sports sections, which is what most folks wanted. The difference is this second group says "special edition" at the top. Let me know if anyone else wants one. Most have paid with PayPal, but for folks who don't have PayPal, I also have an account with Google Checkout and can send you a bill by email and you can pay by credit or debit card. Google handles it all, so I don't get access to your card info. Their security is very good. I've even had them rescind some sales on my website because the purchase didn't pass their security checks - disappointing on one hand, but glad to know it's vigilant.

Joe, can you hold onto one of the copies for me? Lady paint was supposed to pick one up for me today but I don't know if she was successful. I'll be down your way the next few weekends, so I can swing by and pick it up.

MississippiRed
09-29-2010, 10:24 PM
RedsMetz,

Did I miss something. Please let me know what PayPal account and how much.

The Voice of IH
09-30-2010, 12:19 AM
My mom tried to get me one back in Cincy, she said that they were completely gone every where. just my luck.

redsmetz
09-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Joe, can you hold onto one of the copies for me? Lady paint was supposed to pick one up for me today but I don't know if she was successful. I'll be down your way the next few weekends, so I can swing by and pick it up.

Craig, I'll set one aside for you. Will you be at Mass this weekend? Just let me know.

redsmetz
09-30-2010, 10:42 AM
EdSkin & SirFelixCat, your's went in the mail yesterday. Griffey08, your's went in the mail this morning.

For those I got copies for, let me know if you still need PayPal info. I sent one person an invoice from Google Checkout, so PM if you didn't get that. Two others said they've sent payment in the mail, so I'll get your's out as soon as those come in (probably Monday since I don't check my box on Saturday).

Paint, I've set one aside for you, so just let me know when you'll be down here. I have to do a count, but I think I have a few more not claimed.

This has been fun helping everyone out. It's so exciting that we won the division. On to better things!

Chip R
09-30-2010, 11:00 AM

I hope Rolen gets him and his son front row tickets for the playoffs.

_Sir_Charles_
09-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Total fail on my part. Went to 15 different places. Not a single copy. Bought the 'extra edition', but it has nothing about last nights game.

Fay mentioned something about them printing extra copies and having them at area Krogers. I'll see if I can find the link.

~edit~ Here's what I meant. http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/09/29/get-souvenir-reprint-of-todays-enquirer/

redsmetz
10-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I still have five copies of the Special Edition of the Enquirer (same as the daily except it has a red box that says "Special Edition". I may have two more, but I'm waiting to hear back from two folks who said they wanted one - and I'm still holding the one for your Paint).

If anyone wants one, let me know. I've PM'd the other two folks, so if you've found a copy and don't need these, send me a PM.

redsmetz
10-18-2010, 02:29 PM
I still have five copies of the Special Edition of the Enquirer (same as the daily except it has a red box that says "Special Edition". I may have two more, but I'm waiting to hear back from two folks who said they wanted one - and I'm still holding the one for your Paint).

If anyone wants one, let me know. I've PM'd the other two folks, so if you've found a copy and don't need these, send me a PM.

Last call. Someone just ordered two more (Christmas gift for his family) and have four of the special edition left. Let me know if anyone else wants one.

paintmered
10-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Craig, I'll set one aside for you. Will you be at Mass this weekend? Just let me know.

Sorry, Joe. I just saw this post now. I'll be in Cincy the next two weekends although I don't know if I'll still be there this Sunday. I should be there the following Sunday though.

redsmetz
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Sorry, Joe. I just saw this post now. I'll be in Cincy the next two weekends although I don't know if I'll still be there this Sunday. I should be there the following Sunday though.

I won't be there this weekend (heading up to Chicago to celebrate Anni's 25th birthday!), but we'll be there the following Sunday. Still have your's.

camisadelgolf
10-19-2010, 02:47 PM
All right, I'll buy a copy. I had kind of been boycotting the physical copy of the newspaper, but it really would be nice to frame up and have around. Would you prefer it if I pick it up somewhere and pay you cash? I travel all over the city everyday, so anywhere near here is pretty much on the way for me.