PDA

View Full Version : Who takes 2 seed

brm7675
09-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Reds are at 87 wins, with final 6 vs. Houston/Brewers at home

Giants are at 88 wins with final 6 vs. Dbacks/Padres at home

Padres are at 87 wins with final 7 vs. Cubs (H)/Giants at SF

Braves are at 87 wins with final 6 vs. Fish/Phils at home.

Now, once we clinch you have to wonder what Dusty will do and whom he will play. Both the Giants and Padres are probably going to have to battle through Sunday. As for the Braves, by the time Phils come to town they will be preping for playoffs so they might not play the big boys much.

So how many wins will the 2nd seed finish with and whom will it be?

I see the Reds finishing 90-72
I see the Giants finishing 92 - 70
I see the Padres finishing 92-70
I see the Braves finishing 92-70

So what happens then?

huber14
09-27-2010, 03:14 PM

So what happens then?

They cancel the playoffs and give everyone with a 92-70 record a trophy. But really here are the tie breaking rules which is confusing and should only be looked at if it actually happens. http://www.baseball-reference.com/about/division_ties.shtml

Votto4MVP
09-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Reds are at 87 wins, with final 6 vs. Houston/Brewers at home

Giants are at 88 wins with final 6 vs. Dbacks/Padres at home

Padres are at 87 wins with final 7 vs. Cubs (H)/Giants at SF

Braves are at 87 wins with final 6 vs. Fish/Phils at home.

Now, once we clinch you have to wonder what Dusty will do and whom he will play. Both the Giants and Padres are probably going to have to battle through Sunday. As for the Braves, by the time Phils come to town they will be preping for playoffs so they might not play the big boys much.

So how many wins will the 2nd seed finish with and whom will it be?

So what happens then?

I believe the giants would play the padres, winner would win the West. Then the loser would play the braves for the WC.

By the way I find it funny you predict the Braves to go 5-1, Pads 5-2, Giants 4-2 (even though they play each other) then us 3-3. You are such a downer.

brm7675
09-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I believe the giants would play the padres, winner would win the West. Then the loser would play the braves for the WC.

By the way I find it funny you predict the Braves to go 5-1, Pads 5-2, Giants 4-2 (even though they play each other) then us 3-3. You are such a downer.

We have nothing to play for really and have you seen us play as of late? We went 4-3 on the last home stand, so why is 3-3 so horrible? You have to think Dusty is going to sit players and give them so rest while the Giants/padres adn Braves are fighting for just a shot at the playoffs.

Stray
09-27-2010, 04:22 PM
I think we'll get it. We have to finish ahead of the West winner, and with SF playing SD to end the year, that is our chance to pass them.

Dusty will definitely be resting some guys, but I'd be surprised if he rests a lot of different guys in the same games. I could be wrong though...but once we clinch I think our guys will be able to loosen up and just play.