PDA

View Full Version : Watching the playoff via computer?

SunDeck
09-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Dumb question, but bear with me; I follow the Reds ex post facto via the Enquirer and ESPN, not live. And my cable package is $13/month, which means I get my local channels and community access television. On the upside, our cave does not leak and our bomb shelter is heated, but that is for another thread.

So here's the question, with the division series being broadcast on TBS, a channel I do not have, can I watch the games by subscribing to MLB.TV?

batsfan
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Dumb question, but bear with me; I follow the Reds ex post facto via the Enquirer and ESPN, not live. And my cable package is $13/month, which means I get my local channels and community access television. On the upside, our cave does not leak and our bomb shelter is heated, but that is for another thread.

So here's the question, with the division series being broadcast on TBS, a channel I do not have, can I watch the games by subscribing to MLB.TV?

I doubt it, not in past years. Usually, there is a MLB.TV like service that allows you to choose a camera angle and watch a game, but there is no commentary, and the camera angles (you can watch a couple at a time) are fixed. This may be free - I can't remember. I think it is called TBS Hot Corner. This kind of stuff will probably be announced next week. I think you can listen on game day audio, though.