PDA

View Full Version : Congratulation Reds Fans

Defacto
09-28-2010, 11:12 PM
The Reds were better than the Cardinals, and you'll be going to the playoffs for the first time since 1995. Congratulations Reds Fans, you deserve it.

mattfeet
09-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Wrong. Cardinals were better than the Reds...but the Reds were better against everyone else. :)

-Matt

Defacto
09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Also, I'll add this. It's a great thing to see the Reds in the playoffs for baseball, I hope the Reds and Cardinals compete for many NL Central Division titles for years to come. Sometimes the teams that you think you would make the playoffs don't get in. I hope the Reds make the playoffs next year also, except as the Wildcard.:thumbup:

Defacto
09-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Wrong. Cardinals were better than the Reds...but the Reds were better against everyone else. :)

-Matt

No, the Cardinals weren't. I'll admit it right now, they weren't. The Reds took care of business and the Cardinals didn't. The Reds won against bad teams, the Cardinals didn't.

zacharync
09-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Classy words Defacto. Thanks. Exciting times for us!

09-29-2010, 04:56 AM
Proud to have Defacto as a member of Redszone. It's this ability to rise above hometeam bickering that makes Redszone so unique. I hope he sticks around long enough to get into the ORG. MattyMo4Life needs some company. :)

TheBigLebowski
09-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks a lot.

mckbearcat48
09-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Congrats on your 2010 Central Divsion Title!

:beerme:

Defacto
09-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Proud to have Defacto as a member of Redszone. It's this ability to rise above hometeam bickering that makes Redszone so unique. I hope he sticks around long enough to get into the ORG. MattyMo4Life needs some company. :)

I plan to stay long enough to be in ORG. I already know a poster in the ORG from another board. And if I get in, Rick White's going to be my avatar.:thumbup:

markymark69
09-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks Defacto - we will enjoy it. Appreciate the kind words and the objectivity - which is sometimes sadly lacking on this board.

arkimadee
09-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Thanks man. You all will be back next season. I spent almost as much time listening and watching Cards games the last few months as Reds. I honestly think the reason for the teams downfall this year was TLR. No one looked to be having fun playing for him. It's been fun. Hopefully next year it will truly develop into a good year to year rivalry.

richtrue
10-01-2010, 12:41 PM
As a St. Louisan and loyal Cardinal fan, I want to extend my congratulations to the Reds and the reds fans for winning the 2010 NL Central.

I had really hoped it would end differently, but one thing for sure about the MLB season, if you come out on top after 162 games, you've earned it.

Good luck in the playoffs!

Rich from St Louis

Cincinnati 8
10-01-2010, 01:48 PM
The Reds were better than the Cardinals and for the proof just take a look at the standings. After 162 games, the strong will survive. The Cardinals have 3 or 4 great players, but thats it. The Reds are stronger as a TEAM thats the key. Four great players does not make a great TEAM. The Reds have the best TEAM as a whole. Let's get to the World Series and let the chips fall where they may. Just remember we are TEAM. Go Cincy

goreds2
10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the comments Cards fans. Even though you swept us in that series in August, I think it somewhat did mentally drain the Cardinal team and they thought they had the division won.

That series sweep did not phase us much as we already blown two 7-1 ninth inning leads and later on blew I think a 10-1 lead but eventually won that one. Our biggest strength was to forget about the previous game.