PDA

View Full Version : ya know? I was thinking...

rolenmvp
09-28-2010, 11:32 PM
I wish ole left-hander could see this right now...getting alittle emotional about this...

RIP nuxy.

Girevik
09-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Amen

Reds
09-28-2010, 11:37 PM
My friend growing up was related to Joe. Nuxxy went out of his way to make sure I got a signed autographed baseball because he knew how big of a fan I was. A true gentlemen, he would have LOVED this.

redsfan_12
09-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Ditto

carmack42
09-28-2010, 11:42 PM
We should all take a moment to remember the Reds fans that aren't here tonight. I hope heaven is serving Hudepohl tonight.

/Miss you, Dad

HalMorrisRules
09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
We should all take a moment to remember the Reds fans that aren't here tonight. I hope heaven is serving Hudepohl tonight.

/Miss you, Dad

I already called my sister and said similar things. My mother raised me and my sisters by herself after my father passed away while I was very young and I am a Reds fan because of her. She passed away this past January and I sure wish she was here to share this with me.

zacharync
09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
ditto here.

DntKnw
09-29-2010, 12:41 AM
I was thinking of Joe after hearing Marty's call. Hudy on the house in Heaven tonight. If you believe in angels (and you should), Joe is watching over this team.

redsrolen
09-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Well I had stopped crying until I read your posts, my dad took me to crosley field! I bet they are all together getting Moody with Hudie! ( thats what the guys selling beer for the reds would yell!)

Jim Schue
09-29-2010, 01:05 AM
I wish ole left-hander could see this right now...getting alittle emotional about this...

RIP nuxy.

Oh, I'm betting he's watching and smiling big. :thumbup:

texasdave
09-29-2010, 01:40 AM
Well I had stopped crying until I read your posts, my dad took me to crosley field! I bet they are all together getting Moody with Hudie! ( thats what the guys selling beer for the reds would yell!)

Hudepohl 14K. I was too young at the time.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGdWfTwqJMn_4ACD5XNyoA?ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-975&p=hudepohl+14k+beer&rs=0&fr2=rs-top

Cute little video.

bigredmechanism
09-29-2010, 02:22 AM
=1

New York Red
09-29-2010, 02:33 AM
Nice thread. We were talking about Nuxy tonight after the game, when Thom B and the Cowboy joined the Reds Live crew during the celebration. Like many of you, I grew up listening to Reds games on the radio, and always tried to stay awake til I heard the ole left-hander rounding third and heading for home. And like many of you, I come from a family of Reds fans. And two of the best, my step-dad who passed away in 1997, and my mom who passed away in 2001, are enjoying this tonight too.

UPRedsFan
09-29-2010, 10:48 AM
I thought about Nuxhall too right after the home run. Could just imagine him yelling in the background from the booth, "get out, get out!" as Marty made the call.

will5979
09-29-2010, 10:54 AM
My wife last night said my Grandpa would have been so proud, I said all of our grandfathers are proud tonight, looking down with smiles on their faces! Heaven is rejoicing with the Reds fan that are watching from the nose bleed section! Here's to all our fallen commrades for this Reds October!!! :beerme:

Captain13
09-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Two things:

First, I went to Fairfield Central Elementary where Kim Nuxhall was the gym teacher for many years. One thing I remember is Joe used to sign balls for EVERY kid in that school so Kim could give them out to the students. I miss Joe.

Second, I went to more games with my mom than I did with my dad. I was with her at my 1st opening day, the final game at Riverfront/Cinergy and the opening of GABP just to name a few, and she lost her battle with cancer in 2005. I wanted so bad to call her last night and celebrate. I love you Mom, have fun watching the playoffs up there.

arkimadee
09-29-2010, 12:00 PM
I was thinking this last night. How Joe would have loved this team.

texasdave
09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
My mom watches every game that comes on the tube and I am certain that she shed a tear or two last night. I bet she also thought about my dad and how happy this team would have made him. RIP, Dad, and thanks for passing down your love of the Reds to one very grateful son.

BuckWild03
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM

/Miss you, Dad

My Grandpa died on June 5th of this year. Can't remember a night the Reds played, that he wasn't watching. For me, this season's for him!