PDA

View Full Version : Ford C Frick Award voting!

LoganBuck
09-29-2010, 07:11 AM
The Ford C Frick Award voting has been going on for the month of September and no one seems to have noticed. If you have a facebook account, the "National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum" is conducting the balloting again. Go to their page, I think you have to "like" them, then click on the poll tab, and vote for Joe Nuxhall. Joe seems to have a few votes, but we need to push him over the top. The voting ends on September 30th.

http://www.facebook.com/baseballhall

mbgrayson
09-29-2010, 08:11 AM
The direct link to the voting page is HERE (http://www.facebook.com/baseballhall?v=app_20678178440).

Vote for Joe early and often.....

reds1869
09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Voted or Joe; I hope this is his year.

Jpup
09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Joe is tied with Tom Cheek for the most votes with 134. Keep voting guys.

redsmetz
09-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Why on earth are they doing it this way. There's only been about 400 votes and it seems difficult to broadcast it out to folks.

Danny Serafini
09-30-2010, 01:42 PM
I'd have voted if it wasn't for that garbage of having to be on Facebook to vote. Good job of discouraging potential voters MLB. :rolleyes:

Hoosier Red
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
Why on earth are they doing it this way. There's only been about 400 votes and it seems difficult to broadcast it out to folks.

I think from reading on Kiesewietter's blog yesterday the number of votes you see are not the "TOTAL" number of votes cast, but rather the total of votes in that particular batch. Say MLB dumps all the votes every two or three hours. This way it's more difficult,(impossible really) to see if your vote is having any effect.

On one hand that encourages participation regardless of the chance "your guy" has of being in the top 3, on the other hand it leads to charges of conspiracy and discourages participation.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but it had to be somewhat embarrassing a few years ago when Nuxy got roughly 3 times the nearest vote getter, but wasn't selected.