PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

texasdave
09-29-2010, 07:44 AM
RIP Lost Decade and good riddance. Hope we never meet again.
This team passed through some lean lean years and somehow made it to the light at the end of the tunnel. And it turns out that light was not just another train wreck of a season but the glowing lights of the 2010 Playoffs.

I'd like to take a moment to thank the following:

Bob Castellini
Walt Jocketty
Dusty Baker
Marty Brennaman
Cowboy Jeff Brantley

Each and every single player that put on a Reds' uniform in 2010.

Redszone
SunDeck Game Threads.

And a whole bunch more.

The season has been beyond memorable. There were some contentious moments included but those faded away when Jay Bruce sent that baseball rocketing into the crisp night air.

Redszone is headed to the playoffs and this team is going to
SunDeck anything that gets in their way.

2010 World Series Champions! It is meant to be.

TheBigLebowski
09-29-2010, 10:16 AM
I can't help but feel personally responsible for a lot of the things for which you expressed gratitude.

All I can say is, "You're Welcome."

And please don't forget Bakermetrics.

shan12stones
09-29-2010, 12:53 PM
i want to thank all the reds players who i have met for the the autographs they gave me and taing pictures with me.plus for beimng the nl central champs.these reds are worthy.

CrosleyField
09-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for giving me something to follow worth following this year.

brm7675
09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Reds follow the pattern that Bill James and his number crunchers feel they will. The Rays did exactly how he said they would, which was to miss the playoffs the year after they made it for the first time, and then return the next year to be a quality team. He believes teams that rise quickly usually fall back the following season due to a number of things, but then take the next step back up to strong and dominate franchises.

mckbearcat48
09-30-2010, 05:52 PM
It's going to be a fun ride for the Redlegs through the NL playoffs. Congrats to them, and good luck to you guys getting to see as many games as possible.

Betterread
09-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Yes sir. What a great year. I am really looking forward to the playoffs. No expectations, as long as they don't get swept I will be thrilled.
I think this team has some good years in front of them.

Magdal
10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Altho the Reds got their asses kicked by the Cards all year they won it in a walk. Too bad the Cards could not dominate any other team..not even the Nats.

I see the Reds as a playoff team for years to come. I see the Cards as a team with 80% of their money tied up on 4 players. What a joke. I don't think they should ever have let Walt get away!

Go Redlegs!

Cincinnati 8
10-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I have been a Reds fan for 55 years. Through the good times and the not so good times. Now we are in great times. I will be watching every game on TV. TEAM is the key word in the 2010 Reds. The 2010 Reads are a TEAM in every sense of the word. Let's get to the World Series and let's see what happens.

mckbearcat48
10-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Altho the Reds got their asses kicked by the Cards all year they won it in a walk. Too bad the Cards could not dominate any other team..not even the Nats.

I see the Reds as a playoff team for years to come. I see the Cards as a team with 80% of their money tied up on 4 players. What a joke. I don't think they should ever have let Walt get away!

Go Redlegs!

While I agree with you about Jocketty (all NL Central fans should be happy Mozaelik is there to screw it up in STL), the Cards will still be around. This is the Reds chance to shine...hope they take advantage of it.