PDA

View Full Version : Reds and Bengals October 10th

Votto4MVP
09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
IF we dont get homefield for the first round according to the postseason schedule on MLB.com we would have our first home game Sunday, Oct. 10th.

The bengals play the same day at home vs the buccaneears.

1. Would the reds still play that day or would the MLB adjust it to a different day?

2. Would it guarantee the Reds play a night game or is there any chance in hell theyd have them play at the same time as the bengals? (I cant imagine)

IF this does happen and they have the bengals game at 1 and the Reds game at 7 or something it would be an awesome day to go to both games.

arkimadee
09-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Last year in Philly they had a similar situation and moved the start time of the eagles game to one and moved the playoff game to like seven I think

Girevik
09-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I was wondering the same thing. That's the game I got tickets for and was wondering how it might all work out. I was kind of hoping it would be an earlier game if it's on the Sunday, but I'll take what I can get.

brm7675
09-29-2010, 11:14 AM
I would think the Bengals would be a 1 pm kickoff and the Reds/phils game would be a 7pm start. Talk about a ton of traffic...

Votto4MVP
09-29-2010, 11:16 AM
I would think the Bengals would be a 1 pm kickoff and the Reds/phils game would be a 7pm start. Talk about a ton of traffic...

That would be perfect for me...go to the bengals game, go grab some dinner afterwards and drink some beers, then head to GABP to see the reds sweep the phillies! :beerme:

redsfan_12
09-29-2010, 11:52 AM
We have tickets at the Netherland Hilton for Sat-Sun-Mon. Even thought I HATE the Bengals, I guess I could venture over and watch them.

mroby85
09-29-2010, 03:43 PM
We have tickets at the Netherland Hilton for Sat-Sun-Mon. Even thought I HATE the Bengals, I guess I could venture over and watch them.

Don't bother, they don't need you there, lol.

New York Red
09-29-2010, 04:39 PM
You're a Reds fan, but hate the Bengals? :dunno:

brm7675
09-29-2010, 04:41 PM

Hey I am a Reds fan, but can't stand the Bengals, I follow the Colts here in Indy and Tampa Bay as a kid.:thumbup:

mlh1981
09-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Diehard Reds AND Bengals fan.

I'd love to be there that day, and am gonna try to do so!

redsfan_12
09-29-2010, 11:14 PM

Im a die hard Colts fan lol. And no, not a bandwagon fan. Ive followed them since 97. Even through Peyton's first years when they were terrible

mckbearcat48
09-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Normally the networks work together to make sure the games aren't scheduled concurrently. With the 10th being a Sunday, I could see the baseball game getting a primetime slot (which is freakin' difficult with a certain squad from the Bronx involved).

Altsciguy
10-01-2010, 06:50 AM

Another Reds fan here who has no use for the bengals. lol just going to take up my parking spaces and add more traffic.

bounty37h
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM

Well, I dont hate the Bengals, but nope, not a fan either. I don't know if I have ever even met a true Bengals fan face to face, I hear they really exist, just never seen it with my own eyes.

mroby85
10-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Well, I dont hate the Bengals, but nope, not a fan either. I don't know if I have ever even met a true Bengals fan face to face, I hear they really exist, just never seen it with my own eyes.

They exist! There are just many that jump on the bandwagon during good seasons :D lol

bounty37h
10-01-2010, 09:57 AM
They exist! There are just many that jump on the bandwagon during good seasons :D lol

I def count you in as they exist, just never met ya face to face :). As a lifelong Reds fan, believe me, I know the bandwagon jumping-I couldnt believe how many Reds hats I have seen in NC this week.

Sean_CaseyRules
10-01-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm actually going to see Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax on the 10th in Columbus....I wish it was an early game, cause I don't think I'm gonna be able to check my phone in the pit. lol

mroby85
10-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I def count you in as they exist, just never met ya face to face :). As a lifelong Reds fan, believe me, I know the bandwagon jumping-I couldnt believe how many Reds hats I have seen in NC this week.

lol yeah, i know what you mean, i've seen multiple updates on facebook this week by friends that i never knew were reds fans before, and in fact had told me they were fans of other teams in the past, lol.

bounty37h
10-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm actually going to see Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax on the 10th in Columbus....I wish it was an early game, cause I don't think I'm gonna be able to check my phone in the pit. lol

Look at your tickets closer, that was Oct 10, 1985, your fine for the game :)

Kingspoint
10-01-2010, 05:53 PM
You can't change an NFL football game for a playoff game. Tickets were printed a long time ago for the NFL game.

flyersbaseball
10-02-2010, 08:24 AM
The last 4 weeks they change games due to the Sunday Night FleX

Sean_CaseyRules
10-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Look at your tickets closer, that was Oct 10, 1985, your fine for the game :)

lol yeah, I wasn't even born then, that's why I'm so excited to go see them now.

mckbearcat48
10-02-2010, 11:53 AM
You can't change an NFL football game for a playoff game. Tickets were printed a long time ago for the NFL game.

The networks can change whatever they want.

Vottomatic
10-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Until the Bengals get a real franchise QB, this team will just be a tease. They will battle to get to the playoffs and then either miss them or lose in the first round.

arkimadee
10-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Until the Bengals get a real franchise QB, this team will just be a tease. They will battle to get to the playoffs and then either miss them or lose in the first round.
wish i could say i disagree with you. gonna give palmer a few more games before i come to a conclusion..

Vottomatic
10-02-2010, 02:23 PM
wish i could say i disagree with you. gonna give palmer a few more games before i come to a conclusion..

It's a shame because I like Carson as a person. Goldenboy type that represents the team well.

But for whatever reason, he's lost his aim and throwing velocity. It's really a shame.

I would love to see him suddenly turn it around and prove me wrong.

Kingspoint
10-02-2010, 03:53 PM
The networks can change whatever they want.

Networks have no say in games being changed.

Only the NFL can change an NFL game.

mckbearcat48
10-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Networks have no say in games being changed.

Only the NFL can change an NFL game.

Networks have all the say. Hence the Flex scheduling.

Kingspoint
10-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Networks have all the say. Hence the Flex scheduling.

That doesn't change the "date" of a game, just the time. The NFL still has the final say.

Kingspoint
10-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Anyway, there's no reason why the REDS can't play at night on the same day as baseball prefers night games in the playoffs.