PDA

View Full Version : votto during celebration

brm7675
09-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Did anyone else notice that I think Votto was the only player I could see on the post game celebration who seemed to be going low key. He never put on the shirt or the hat, he wasn't running around spraying champange and such and maybe i missed it I never saw him interviewed by the Fox sports guy. In fact he seemed to stay in uniform and off to the side during most of the celebrating. I just thought it was kinda interesting.

Captain13
09-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Joey being Joey. I love me some JV, but he is not a hyper-active cheerleader type. For that we have Brandon "we did it for the city" Phillips.

Prf15
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Here is Joey going around the park.

http://twitpic.com/2t3ivc

Votto4MVP
09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Did anyone else notice that I think Votto was the only player I could see on the post game celebration who seemed to be going low key. He never put on the shirt or the hat, he wasn't running around spraying champange and such and maybe i missed it I never saw him interviewed by the Fox sports guy. In fact he seemed to stay in uniform and off to the side during most of the celebrating. I just thought it was kinda interesting.

Im pretty sure I saw him smoking a cigar at one point...I have the whole thing recorded so i plan on watching it again after work.

FlyerFanatic
09-29-2010, 12:39 PM
thought i saw him wearing a t shirt at least. but agreed, he seems to be low key, which is fine. im sure he was smiling big on the inside.

New York Red
09-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Here is Joey going around the park.

http://twitpic.com/2t3ivc
Thanks for posting that. I was going to reply that I was within a few feet of Joey when the players came back out on the field - and he was definitely wearing the championship shirt and hat. And he looked to be just as excited as everyone else. Maybe not as loud and demonstrative as some others, because that's not his style. But he was celebrating.

MVP! MVP! :beerme:

brm7675
09-29-2010, 12:54 PM
I am hoping they will sell that group shot on the mound they took, that would be a cool photo.

huber14
09-29-2010, 01:22 PM
DFA him now!

redsfan_12
09-29-2010, 01:39 PM
He had a champions t-shirt on. Then took it off.

PeteRoseBelongs
09-29-2010, 02:05 PM
congrats to the Reds. Take care of business and lets good luck in the Playoffs. Joey Votto will retire from my dynasty team even if he is going to kill me in arbitration this off season

Hustleman
09-29-2010, 02:07 PM
he's containing his emotions til after the world series victory. then all bets are off

:cool:

brm7675
09-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Of all the Reds players he seems to be the most reserve of them all.

Rockermann
09-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Of all the Reds players he seems to be the most reserve of them all.

I was glad to see someone act like they had a little bit of sense about them. :)

KYRedLeg
09-29-2010, 02:21 PM
When he was running around the field, I almost didn't recognize him. He was smiling. :)

Before I could wash it, I had to come home with a beer soaked and sticky hand, just so my wife could touch my hand that touched Joey's.

AintlifeGrande
09-29-2010, 04:48 PM
I was glad to see someone act like they had a little bit of sense about them. :)

You might think different if you survived a long season of ups and downs to win the division.I'd be getting Crunk up in that clubhouse.

mlh1981
09-29-2010, 04:49 PM
He's a quiet, reserved guy.

That's just how he rolls.

But, I could tell he really enjoyed the moment. he's just not as demonstrative as some.

Rockermann
09-29-2010, 04:59 PM
You might think different if you survived a long season of ups and downs to win the division.I'd be getting Crunk up in that clubhouse.

You're right. Put in their situation, I would have been just as wild if not more so. :)

TeamSelig
09-29-2010, 05:27 PM
He also had a terrible night at the plate. If he is as competitive as I am, I'm not as happy as I would normally be if I had played well. For example, if my team wins the championship, I'm happy... but if I played horrible in the championship game, I'm still ticked off at myself.

Old NDN
09-29-2010, 11:58 PM
I didn't see much of Chapman during the festivities in the locker room, either.

realistic
09-30-2010, 01:17 AM
we didnt see it all on TV. the cameras did a great job and it was a fun show. you are right , votta,wood and janish didnt get much face time on foxsports. maybe when we win the NL they will get on TV. what did brandon phillips say? "clinch,clinch,clinch baby". there's more to come.