PDA

View Full Version : Message to Philly Fans: You are not NL champs yet!!!

arkimadee
09-30-2010, 11:18 AM
http://eaglesphans.com/community/index.php?/topic/136615-they-fear-us-they-really-fear-us/

I'm all up for some good message board back and forth smack. Call us frauds all you want. I understand why you would. Don't be shocked though when you are sitting at home with the playoffs being over hoping Michael Vick can come through in the clutch better than Donovan McNabb while our fans are laughing at your underachieving team and your failure to hold on to Cliff Lee when you had the chance.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

will5979
09-30-2010, 12:07 PM
http://eaglesphans.com/community/index.php?/topic/136615-they-fear-us-they-really-fear-us/

I'm all up for some good message board back and forth smack. Call us frauds all you want. I understand why you would. Don't be shocked though when you are sitting at home with the playoffs being over hoping Michael Vick can come through in the clutch better than Donovan McNabb while our fans are laughing at your underachieving team and your failure to hold on to Cliff Lee when you had the chance.

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

I honest to God wished I shared your enthusiasm, but any team not called the Atlanta Braves scares me!

KOBasinger
09-30-2010, 12:13 PM
I honest to God wished I shared your enthusiasm, but any team not called the Atlanta Braves scares me!

Faith is a good thing to have.

mlh1981
09-30-2010, 12:14 PM
May as well as get them in the first round.

Crazy things can happen in the best of 5

arkimadee
09-30-2010, 12:23 PM
The way I look at it, the pressure is on them. Look at all the times the Yankees have had the best teams in the 2000's and have tanked it because the pressure was too much to handle. The Reds have no pressure on them this year. Just like the Phillies of 08.. I'm not scared of these guys. I'm only scared of snakes and death, not the Phillies!

justincredible
09-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Lol, I don't fear the Phillies. The only reason I don't want to face the Phillies in the first round is because I want the Reds to have home field advantage and guarantee at least 2 home games.

Also, who cares what Philly fans think anyway? Easily the worst fans in all of sports (in general). Throwing batteries, puking on kids, etc.

arkimadee
09-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Halliday is not pitching on his normal rotation. He will have extra days off going into game 1.. If Arroyo starts Game 1 he will have started on Thursday night as well. 6 days in between starts. Pretty much his normal rotation turn. All of these little things could be advantages to the Reds. Roy Halliday has never pitched a playoff game either. He is 0-0 in the postseason

arkimadee
09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Lol, I don't fear the Phillies. The only reason I don't want to face the Phillies in the first round is because I want the Reds to have home field advantage and guarantee at least 2 home games.

Also, who cares what Philly fans think anyway? Easily the worst fans in all of sports (in general). Throwing batteries, puking on kids, etc.
dressing in tight red full spandex suits and running around the outfield.

texasdave
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
And I will take Cincinnati Chili over a cheesesteak any day.

brm7675
09-30-2010, 12:45 PM
The Key to this short series are the following:

1. Game 1, we need a great outing by Bronson and for the Reds scrape for every run possible

If the Reds can steal game 1 and get "mo" on their side we are in this series. However if we lose game 1 then we are in trouble.

brm7675
09-30-2010, 12:46 PM
And I will take Cincinnati Chili over a cheesesteak any day.

CC is go, cheesesteak is heaven...

mckbearcat48
10-01-2010, 05:14 PM
If I'm the Reds, I want the West winner. I really don't think SF or SD is even as good as the Reds. If you can beat Wainwright/Carpenter/Garcia, SF's rotation is not that good. San Diego is worse than either, and they are imploding their way right out of the playoffs.

wickedwrister
10-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey guys Phillies fan who just registered here. I will say that I used to be a mod on that board and the majority of the knowledgeable baseball posters abandoned ship about 6 months ago. If you guys want I'll post a link to the more logical and fun Phillies board if any of you are interested in coming over and talking baseball for the playoffs (don't want to be spamming links in my first post).

Most Phillies fans are aware that we are the favorites to win the NL and that our front line starting rotation gives us a large advantage over a team like the Reds whose starting pitching strength is its depth (Arroyo, Leake, Cueto, Volquez, Wood and Bailey). Still in a 5 game series anything can happen and in 2 offensive friendly parks with a line-up like the Reds anything can happen. That being said the Reds remind of the 2007 Phillies with a little bit of that extremely happy we made it this far feel which doesnt bode well in the playoffs.

Also I will say that as far as Phillies fans go most of us feel any matchup that lets us avoid the Giants is a good matchup so most are happy facing the Reds. Anyway looking forward to the next couple weeks.

mroby85
10-04-2010, 01:16 PM
If I'm the Reds, I want the West winner. I really don't think SF or SD is even as good as the Reds. If you can beat Wainwright/Carpenter/Garcia, SF's rotation is not that good. San Diego is worse than either, and they are imploding their way right out of the playoffs.

The only problem with this logic is they had very little success against Wainwright/Carpenter/Garcia, lol. San Diego wouldve been a nice matchup, that went out the window. I think San Francisco is quite a bit better than Atlanta, i'd be surprised if the Braves advance.