PDA

View Full Version : OK Playoff Roster

Mario-Rijo
09-30-2010, 09:53 PM
What say you? Predictions and/or preferences.

Arroyo
Cueto
Bailey
Volquez
Wood

Cordero
Chapman
Masset
Rhodes
Bray
Ondrusek

I'd say those guys are virtual locks so now to determine who is left and how they fit. I'm guessing a 12 man staff and that's 11 already, would they go with an 11 man staff since they have only 3-4 starters?

Leake
Harang
Jordan Smith
LeCure
Burton
Fisher
Maloney

If it's 12 I suspect Harang may take the extra spot even though LeCure would be my guy I like that he can hit his spots and actually use his really good defense.

Hernandez - C
Votto - 1B
BP - 2B
Rolen - 3B
OCab - SS
Bruce - RF
Stubbs - CF
Gomes - LF

Hanny - C
Cairo - IF
Janish - IF
Heisey - OF
Nix - OF

Again pretty straightforward but there may be an extra spot available so I'm guessing Francisco or Corky, heres who you have to choose from.

Corky - C
Alonso - 1B
Valaika - 2B/SS
Francisco - 3B

I could understand Francisco for sure but I might also consider Valaika what with the fact he could play 2 positions for ya and I like his ability to make contact though with Cairo that may be redundant. But I'm thinking in case of an injury in the OF you could use Cairo out there in a pinch and still have that extra IF.

My gut says go with an 11 man staff and keep Francisco on the bench that way you have 2 LHH options over there one OF and one IF. I've bolded my selections. One last note I still like Burton though it's painfully obvious that the organization doesn't feel the same so though I'd like to add him I think it's fruitless to debate it.

Chip R
09-30-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85268