PDA

View Full Version : Using some logic, when will we be playing in postseason?

Ghosts of 1990
10-01-2010, 01:33 PM
We're a 90% shot to play Philadelphia in the NLDS.

That slates us with Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday games with Sunday being in Cincinnati.

If we use some logic here; it helps in terms of air-time because Philly is a major market team. But what times will our games be at do you predict?

I'm honestly just hoping to miss the early time slot on Weds and FRI. A FRI night game would be great (As would Sunday night in Cincy but I doubt it happens). So lets do some predicting.

I'll say 2:00 Weds in Philly
8:30 Fri night in Philly
and Game 3 2:30 in Cincinnati

camisadelgolf
10-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Is the Sunday game likely to be an afternoon game?

I(heart)Freel
10-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Bengals in town that Sunday. 1pm kickoff.

MLB almost HAS to make that a night game to clear the area for parking etc.

Benihana
10-01-2010, 02:14 PM
It is interesting to note the football slate for Sunday:

On one hand, you would think it might be a night game because the Bengals play at home from 1:00-4:00 which might cause traffic/logistical issues in Cincinnati.

On the other hand, the Eagles play the Sunday night game, and I'm not sure if MLB would want to make sure they don't compete with that in the Philadelphia market.

In short, I have no idea what time the Sunday game will take place in Cincinnati. Maybe 6:00 EST? Anyone else have a guess?

Boss-Hog
10-01-2010, 02:23 PM
As a Bengals season ticket holder and someone who has tickets to the Reds' Sunday home game, I pray they don't conflict because I don't want to get rid of my Bengals ticket. :)

cumberlandreds
10-01-2010, 02:24 PM
The Yankees are the biggest market and ratings team for the networks. So I expect all of their games to be in prime time,the 8 o'clock hour. Philly is the next biggest market. So logically their games will be on prime time on the nights they don't conflict with Yankee games. Figure out the days the Yankees play and you should have a good idea for the times of any Reds/Phillies games.

I(heart)Freel
10-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Looks like all four first-round series are played that day Sunday (assuming Game Four is needed in AL series):

ALDS Game 4*: MIN @ AL Wild Card Sunday, October 10 TBS TBA
ALDS Game 4*: AL East Champion @ TEX Sunday, October 10 TBS TBA

NLDS Game 3: PHI @ TBD Sunday, October 10 TBS TBA
NLDS Game 3: TBD @ TBD Sunday, October 10 TBS TBA

Full day of baseball. Lots of football conflict.

Reds Fanatic
10-01-2010, 04:37 PM
If we end playing Philly this is the schedule I expect.

Wednesday Game 1: Afternoon game. That day there will 2 AL games and the NL game. With games in Philly, Minnesota, and New York or TB that day it will probably be an afternoon game because you know the Yankees are getting a primtime spot.

Friday Game 2: 6:30 PM night game. Barring any postponments that day should only be 2 NL games. They have them scheduled on TBS for 6:30 and 10 so the Reds would play in the 6:30 game.

Sunday: Time could vary. With potentially 4 games that day many times they will even have the schedule flexible. Where they may have one game as a night game but shift another game to night if one or both AL series are over. I have both Bengals and Reds playoff tickets that day so hopefully the games will not be at the same time.

Monday game 4: This should be another NL only day so it will probably be a night game or possibly a late afternoon game.

Wenesday game 5: If it is gets this far this would be a night game.

medford
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
n/m

edabbs44
10-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Fwiw, last season NY had the middle game each of the first two games of the ALDS. And Philly had the early game in each of the first two NLDS games.

Cincy will likely get the 1:30 on Wednesday.