PDA

View Full Version : Starting Pitchers this Weekend?

redssince75
10-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Counting tonight, the last 4 starters are Volquez, Cueto, Arroyo, Wood. I think that is the playoff line-up too (keeping Wood 4th but not sure about the order of the other 3).

Who is scheduled to pitch the Sat & Sun games this weekend? I would think Homer Bailey tomorrow, then if I was Dusty I would give Harang a last start on Sunday. Anyone know?

1990REDS
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Counting tonight, the last 4 starters are Volquez, Cueto, Arroyo, Wood. I think that is the playoff line-up too (keeping Wood 4th but not sure about the order of the other 3).

Who is scheduled to pitch the Sat & Sun games this weekend? I would think Homer Bailey tomorrow, then if I was Dusty I would give Harang a last start on Sunday. Anyone know?

I believe its bailey on saturday and Volquez is scheduled for sunday.

huber14
10-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Wood, Bailey, Volquez

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers/index.jsp?c_id=cin

mckbearcat48
10-01-2010, 05:06 PM
That looks like it sets up for Arroyo and Cueto in games 1 and 2.

arkimadee
10-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I worry about Travis Wood in the playoffs just because his lack of big league experience

redssince75
10-01-2010, 05:47 PM
That looks like it sets up for Arroyo and Cueto in games 1 and 2.

It sure does. The way Volquez has started throwing, I would skip him on Sunday and send him out for Game 1. That was my thinking in the original post. I guess there is still time if Dusty decides to do that.

Also, I guess Harang is hurt (I didn't know this when originally posting but saw it on ESPN's game summary for tonight).