PDA

View Full Version : 91-71

redssince75
10-02-2010, 10:54 PM
If Reds, Padres, and Braves win tomorrow, 4 out of the 5 NL playoff teams (counting the Giants too, and counting the 1-game playoffs as "playoffs") will have the same record. That's pretty weird.

I want the Padres!!!

redsfan_12
10-02-2010, 10:55 PM
I would love a Padres win and Braves loss

DocRed
10-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I would prefer home field advantage but that is not possible...

redsfan_12
10-02-2010, 11:04 PM
That 2nd string lineup game killed us....

aldotcs
10-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Disagree about the 2nd string game. It was close and the first string team could have done that just as easily. They have had games like that this season. Since we've clinched, those guys need time to play and our starters need to rest and not risk getting hurt. I have hoped since August for 91 wins, simply because the '90 team went 91-71. But in the end, it's just numbers.
Tomorrow's games will be interesting. It would be a change up if we played the Padres or Giants instead!

BigPoppa
10-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Disagree about the 2nd string game. It was close and the first string team could have done that just as easily. They have had games like that this season. Since we've clinched, those guys need time to play and our starters need to rest and not risk getting hurt.

I concur.

redsfan_12
10-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Disagree about the 2nd string game. It was close and the first string team could have done that just as easily. They have had games like that this season. Since we've clinched, those guys need time to play and our starters need to rest and not risk getting hurt. I have hoped since August for 91 wins, simply because the '90 team went 91-71. But in the end, it's just numbers.
Tomorrow's games will be interesting. It would be a change up if we played the Padres or Giants instead!

I didnt say they shouldnt have played. But that loss basically ended our chances

aldotcs
10-02-2010, 11:38 PM
I didnt say they shouldnt have played. But that loss basically ended our chances

Wouldn't we have had to sweep to get home field field advantage? I didn't check all the scenarios so I'm not sure.

arkimadee
10-02-2010, 11:38 PM
if we hadn't blew last night we would have had the chance at 92 wins and the two seed.. That might friends makes me angry!!

redsfan_12
10-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Wouldn't we have had to sweep to get home field field advantage? I didn't check all the scenarios so I'm not sure.

No. If we win tmar, and everyone else would lose, we woud have finished 1 loss ahead

aldotcs
10-03-2010, 12:15 AM
No. If we win tmar, and everyone else would lose, we woud have finished 1 loss ahead

I'm not sure I follow. If we win and everyone else loses tomorrow, we would have been one game ahead? That sounds like we would have had to sweep and then depend on everyone else to lose. Too much of a long shot for me to worry about how that loss killed our chance at 2nd seed.

redssince75
10-03-2010, 12:37 AM
I concur.

Un-concur.

redsfan_12
10-03-2010, 01:26 AM
I'm not sure I follow. If we win and everyone else loses tomorrow, we would have been one game ahead? That sounds like we would have had to sweep and then depend on everyone else to lose. Too much of a long shot for me to worry about how that loss killed our chance at 2nd seed.

1 game will end up costing us. We lost that night, SFO won. We lost a game that "clinched" us going on the road first.

aldotcs
10-03-2010, 10:05 AM
1 game will end up costing us. We lost that night, SFO won. We lost a game that "clinched" us going on the road first.

The one game didn't do us in...the several we just weren't quite able to win in September did. It really doesn't matter...someone has to be 3rd seed and it's us. In the long run, it's how we play in those games that matters. If it all depended on who goes on the road first, what's the point in the playoffs?