PDA

View Full Version : Now What?

WVRedsFan
10-04-2010, 01:33 AM
For the first time in 15 years, this day has not been the end. I spent a day flipping back and forth between the MLB channels after the Reds games and the NASCAR race (I was on assignment in exile), but nothing touched me like watching Aaron Harang come out smoking and then the blister developed. Once that happened, Aaron's day turned into crap after that and the result is obvious. Maybe he didn't recover from that night in San Diego, but it's sad to see him go. Too much talent on this team to keep him? Good Lord, who would have thought that back in 2007?

Usually for as long as I can remember, this was goodbye to baseball day, but now we have at least three more games to play. Unfortunately, it's against the Phillies, defending champs with the hammers facing us every night. I want to be happy with the division championship, but I'm not unfortunately. I want to win, even though I know it's unlikely. Unless the karma continues.

This season so reminded me of 1990. The impossible happened. We won and St. Louis lost so much. Not that they still came within 5 games of the Reds. Wow. In the future, the pitching will be better and the hitting will be less important. Someday.

So now, we wait for the first game in that bandbox, more of a bandbox than GABP against all odds. I'm nervous as a cat. What will happen? The pundits say we will be gone in three games. But will we? I don't know, but it's the karma (I leave out the h on purpose) has to come through. This is a year of destiny. Or not. One game at a time folks. Starting at 5:07 on Wednesday. No Corey Pattersons or Ryan Freels present. Let's roll.

BearcatShane
10-04-2010, 01:40 AM
The Phillies are better but then ya start playin' the game and anything can happen. If Volquez doesn't give up any runs early then everyone starts believing and you never know. Were in the playoffs, I'm not going to watch this series and not expect to win. I expect to win.

Matt700wlw
10-04-2010, 02:01 AM
Let's go kick some ass!

Plus Plus
10-04-2010, 02:09 AM
Let's go kick some ass!

QFT

reds44
10-04-2010, 02:25 AM
What is going to happen at 5:07 on Wednesday? The same thing that has been happening all year:
YouTube - DJ Khaled "All I Do Is Win" feat. Ludacris, Rick Ross, T-Pain & Snoop Dogg / Victory In Stores Now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU)

HeatherC1212
10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
My mom and I went to the Reds HOF after the game yesterday and we were both struck by how much this current Reds team reminds us of that 1990 Wire to Wire team. It's kind of freaky to hear some of the things that were said of that team during the movie tribute thing because similar things have been said of our current team all season. Dare we dream that twenty years after the Reds shocked the world that they can do it again??! I have no clue nor do have any clue what's coming up next for our guys this week but I can't wait to find out. Go Reds!!! :D

Ghosts of 1990
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
I don't care who believes. I don't even care if I don't believe. As long as those guys wearing the Red believe. I think that Dusty has them believing.

And I too, am so nervous that I won't sleep much the next week or so... and won't be able to eat. I have been living for this.

Sea Ray
10-04-2010, 11:01 AM
The goal should be to win one at Philly and then come home with a chance to win it. A loss will put the pressure on them. My guess is we'll play them close for four games but lose game 5 in convincing fashion ala 1999 to a pitcher our puny payroll couldn't afford