PDA

View Full Version : Reds v. Phillies - Schedule

Heath
10-04-2010, 10:27 AM
FYI – This will be updated as soon as the other times will be announced.

Wed., Oct. 6
NLDS Game 1: Cincinnati at Philadelphia 5:07 p.m. ET

Fri., Oct. 8
NLDS Game 2: Cincinnati at Philadelphia 6:07 p.m. ET

Sun., Oct. 10
NLDS Game 3: Philadelphia at Cincinnati 7:07 OR 8:07 p.m. ET

Mon., Oct. 11
*NLDS Game 4: Philadelphia at Cincinnati 5:07 or 7:37 p.m. ET

Wed., Oct. 13
*NLDS Game 5: Cincinnati at Philadelphia TBD

*if necessary

RADIO - Cincinnati Reds Radio Network – Marty Brennaman, Jeff Brantley
R&L Carriers Inside Pitch – One hour before first pitch

TV – TBS – Brian Anderson, Joe Simpson, David Aldridge*

(*editors note – mute the TV)

Sunday’s game time to be announced later. Bengals are at home on Sunday.

Screwball
10-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Weather forecast for Philly this week...

Wed: High of 66, low of 49. Cloudy with a 30% chance of showers.

Friday: Clear and sunny. High of 70, low of 51.

cumberlandreds
10-04-2010, 10:42 AM
The best times for me. Couldn't have worked out better. :D

Ghosts of 1990
10-04-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm really pleased with the times of the games.

Homer Bailey
10-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Do we know when we will know the time of the Sunday game?

mbgrayson
10-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Crazy numbers of off days in there.....

No games Monday and Tuesday, as usual.

No game Thursday, Saturday, or next Tuesday.

This type of schedule heavily benefits teams with three strong starters. THe game one pitcher will have four full days rest by game 4, and the game two starter will have four full days rest by game 5.

I don't like it. Spread out too much just for TV. Game one and two should be back to back.

westofyou
10-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Wed., Oct. 6

Will be at work

Fri., Oct. 8

Will be at the beach celebrating my wifes b-day

Sun., Oct. 10
NLDS Game 3: Philadelphia at Cincinnati TBD

Will get to see this if it starts after 6 EST

Anyone else want to whine about the starting times? ;)

deltachi8
10-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Wed., Oct. 6

Will see most of, will miss some taking son to taekwondo class, might interfere with my taekwondo class if it runs into extras

Fri., Oct. 8

On a plane to Buffalo for the Sabres home opener. Won't see any.

Sun., Oct. 10
If it starts between 1-4 PM, I will see at the Airport Bar in Buffalo, otherwise I will miss it

BoydsOfSummer
10-04-2010, 11:38 AM
I started 2nd shift just in time for the Reds first post-season play in 15 years. Blech. I'll DVR it , but somebody is sure to blow that for me.

reds1869
10-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Kind of interesting to see what people are in as far as viewing the games. Here is my situation:

Wed., Oct. 6

Will be home to watch

Fri., Oct. 8

Will be home to watch.

Sun., Oct. 10

Will be at the park.

Mon., Oct. 11
NLDS Game 4: Philadelphia at Cincinnati If Needed

Will be at a concert with my wife.

Heath
10-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Do we know when we will know the time of the Sunday game?

2 of the 4 games are game 4's if necessary games.

The TBS windows show games at 3:30, 7, & 10. My guess is that might be adjusted. There are 4 possible games that have to fit into slots, so you might see a "reverse mirror" game somewhere.

I would not be suprised to see games re-listed at 2:30, 6:30, and 9:30. Texas has a home game if necessary, so they could play at 9:30. The Bengals home game wouldn't be cleared out until 5:00pm at the extreme earliest, so the Reds have to be later. The Yankees have an 8:30 start Saturday night, I can't see them playing at 2:30 the next afternoon.

Too much speculation yet.

Heath
10-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Crazy numbers of off days in there.....

No games Monday and Tuesday, as usual.

No game Thursday, Saturday, or next Tuesday.

This type of schedule heavily benefits teams with three strong starters. THe game one pitcher will have four full days rest by game 4, and the game two starter will have four full days rest by game 5.

I don't like it. Spread out too much just for TV. Game one and two should be back to back.

Don't disagree, but rainouts are common in the Northeast in the fall.

OesterPoster
10-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Yeah...and last year only 1 divisional series went to game 4. Guess I hadn't noticed until looking it up now, but the Phillies lost 1 of 2 at home...then went to Colorado and won both games there.

Reds Fanatic
10-04-2010, 11:53 AM

The TBS windows show games at 3:30, 7, & 10. My guess is that might be adjusted. There are 4 possible games that have to fit into slots, so you might see a "reverse mirror" game somewhere.

I would not be suprised to see games re-listed at 2:30, 6:30, and 9:30. Texas has a home game if necessary, so they could play at 9:30. The Bengals home game wouldn't be cleared out until 5:00pm at the extreme earliest, so the Reds have to be later. The Yankees have an 8:30 start Saturday night, I can't see them playing at 2:30 the next afternoon.

If all 4 series are still going on Sunday they will do 2 games at once. One will be on TBS and the other on TNT. I have a feeling the Reds willl most likely get a late afternoon game. Unless the Yankees series ends in a sweep I expect them to get the night game on Sunday.

macro
10-04-2010, 12:44 PM
First three games working out great for me. Will avoid Monday-Thursday fall Little League baseball games with my son. Games four and five might present a challenge. I have a DVR, but that isn't always the best solution.

Red in Chicago
10-04-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm happy with the Reds schedule. I'll be at Sunday's game, so just a matter of knowing what time to show up.

If I were a Texas or Tampa fan, I'd be upset by the early start times of the first two games

Edskin
10-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Good discussion on the Sunday start time here:

http://www.the506.com/smf/index.php?topic=5671.100

smith288
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Wed., Oct. 6

Can watch

Fri., Oct. 8

Can watch

Sun., Oct. 10

Can watch

Following games won't be played as Philly will have been swept by the reds

Mon., Oct. 11
*NLDS Game 4: Philadelphia at Cincinnati TBD

NA

Wed., Oct. 13
*NLDS Game 5: Cincinnati at Philadelphia TBD

NA

Eric_the_Red
10-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Game 1
Leaving work 1/2 hr early to watch
Game 2
Can watch
Game 3
Will be there
Game 4
Will be there (if needed)
Game 5
Who knows?

Is anyone getting together to watch the away games? I'm partial to Putters on Cincinnati-Dayton Road. Cheaper, better wings than BW3.

Chip R
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Game 1
Leaving work 1/2 hr early to watch
Game 2
Can watch
Game 3
Will be there
Game 4
Will be there (if needed)
Game 5
Who knows?

Is anyone getting together to watch the away games? I'm partial to Putters on Cincinnati-Dayton Road. Cheaper, better wings than BW3.

The problem is going to be the start times. Even the Friday game starts at 6. Lots of people are still in traffic then.

VR
10-04-2010, 01:47 PM
It's made me hate the NBA and MLB playoffs. Wayyyyy too many off days. November baseball just isn't cool.

Don't get me wrong, I'll put up with it if the Reds are playing, but it dilutes the whole post season imho.

wheels
10-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I get off work at 3 on wednesday. That's perfect. I can get home, shower and go to the bar down the street.

I can party it up and be tucked into bed before midnight so I can be frosty for the next work day.

Friday will be a bit of trick, but I know I can listen to the first few innings on the radio and catch the rest on the tube.

Not bad for me at all.

pedro
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm going to be in Austin at the ACL music festival. Guess I'll have to follow Fri/Sun on my iphone

wheels
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm going to be in Austin at the ACL music festival. Guess I'll have to follow Fri/Sun on my iphone

Ouch.

I love that town though.

I bet you'll be able stumble into a bar on sixth street and catch a few innings at least.

edabbs44
10-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Was really hoping for the early game on Wednesday so I could get home early. Now I am looking at a 11:00 or so return. Oh well, it will be worth it.

Heath
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
The problem is going to be the start times. Even the Friday game starts at 6. Lots of people are still in traffic then.

Especially on a Friday Night.

Looks like it's family pizza night in front of a Reds playoff game on Friday night. Shades of 1990. Except the night where I had a date on Game 4 of the World Series. Who would have thought that the Reds would have clinched on Sweep Day.

redhawkfish
10-04-2010, 02:48 PM
My daughter decided we should have standard ball park fare for dinner during the game on Wednesday. She chose Big Red smokeys, peanuts, and ice cream cups!:D As long as we don't tell her mom it will be OK!

Chip R
10-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Especially on a Friday Night.

Looks like it's family pizza night in front of a Reds playoff game on Friday night. Shades of 1990. Except the night where I had a date on Game 4 of the World Series. Who would have thought that the Reds would have clinched on Sweep Day.

How did the date go? Single, double, triple, HR or struck out swinging? :D

Cyclone792
10-04-2010, 03:24 PM
How did the date go? Single, double, triple, HR or struck out swinging? :D

I'm guessing clean double into the gap, advancing to third on an error, but then thrown out trying to steal home and promptly ejected for arguing the call.

;)

Unassisted
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
I started 2nd shift just in time for the Reds first post-season play in 15 years. Blech.
I sympathize. I was working second shift in October 1990, at an ABC affiliate in the first year that CBS had the WS broadcast. I saw almost all of the '89 "earthquake series" on ABC and none of the '90 series. :(

Redsfan320
10-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Game 1, Wed., 5:07
Will be at home watching

Game 2, Fr., 6:07
Will be at home watching

Games 3,4,5, Sun., Mon., and Wed?
Will be at home watching

I have no life- but I can watch baseball. :D

Heath
10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm guessing clean double into the gap, advancing to third on an error, but then thrown out trying to steal home and promptly ejected for arguing the call.

;)

Let's just say the pre-game show was longer than the actual date itself.

BCubb2003
10-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Is this a record for most stickies on RedsZone?

Benihana
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Looks like I'll be watching each game from a different city:

Game 1: Wed Oct 6 Toronto, Canada (hoping I'm done with work in time)
Game 2: Fri Oct 8 Ann Arbor, MI (or at least, driving from Cincy to Ann Arbor)
Game 3: Sun Oct 10 Cincinnati, OH (live from Great American Ballpark)
Game 4: Mon Oct 11 New York, NY (finally, home sweet home)
Game 5: Wed Oct 13 Philadelphia, PA (heading down for the game if we get to that point)

I really hope Sunday's game is after the Bengals game. I'm going for the in-person sports trifecta this weekend with Michigan football, Bengals, and Reds.

Reds/Flyers Fan
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Brad johanssen on Local 12 just said, because the Philadelphia Eagles play Sunday night at 8, he expects the game 3 start time to be 4 p.m. so Philly fans can watch both.

Unfair if that happens. What about Cincinnati fans who want to watch the end of the Bengals game or those of us with tickets to both games?

Unassisted
10-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Brad johanssen on Local 12 just said, because the Philadelphia Eagles play Sunday night at 8, he expects the game 3 start time to be 4 p.m. so Philly fans can watch both.

Unfair if that happens. What about Cincinnati fans who want to watch the end of the Bengals game or those of us with tickets to both games?Philadelphia is TV market #4 with 2,955,190 TV homes. Cincinnati is TV market #34 with 918,670 TV homes. The network stands to attract more viewers by avoiding NFL overlap in Philadelphia than Cincinnati. That's why Philadelphia wins this argument.

Benihana
10-04-2010, 06:41 PM
They could still have a best of both worlds by starting the game at 5PM on Sunday. Bengals game would be over and Eagles game doesn't start until 8:30. It makes too much sense, and therefore it won't happen.

The Operator
10-04-2010, 08:08 PM
After Sunday's game, is missing the end of The Bengals game really that big of a deal? ;)

Kidding, of course. Love the fact that we get dumped on in our only guaranteed home game.

guttle11
10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Good chance the Bengals game won't be on TV, so it won't matter.

Downtown will be a mess, though.

Captain Hook
10-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I've just cleared my whole schedule and told my wife I'd be in dispose until the Reds are eliminated or win it all.I won't be missing any of the games.I don't care when they're playing.

George Anderson
10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I've just cleared my whole schedule and told my wife I'd be in dispose until the Reds are eliminated or win it all.I won't be missing any of the games.I don't care when they're playing.

You sir are a man's man!!! :beerme:

37red
10-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Dish sat is fighting off Fox's huge increases in fees, so fox cut off my game channel. I respect Dish, don't respect Fox.

I(heart)Freel
10-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Downtown will be a mess, though.

With all that construction going on right, there is only so much parking between GABP and PBS. It would be stupid to schedule two games that overlap on Sunday. Beyond stupid.

I am holding out hope that the only reason this game time hasn't been announced yet is because they realize how awful that would be for so many people.

Edskin
10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Here's what actually (gasp!) makes sense for them to do:

--They KNOW the Reds and Braves have to host games that day.

--They must also prepare for a pretty good possibility that the Yankees and Rangers will also be hosting games that day.

--There are no potential crossover/traffic issues in New York or Atlanta that day.

--There are potentially HUGE conflicts/traffic issues in Cincy and Dallas that day.

--Bengals play at 1:00 est; Cowboys play at 4:00 est (both stadiums are adjacent to their respective baseball stadiums and avoding overlap should be a primary goal.

--TBS must also prepare to slot 4 games back to back to back to back without overlap if possible.

---------------

You obviously don't want the Reds game starting at 1:00 or the Rangers game starting at 4:00.

Here's what you do:

Schedule the Reds for a 6:00 est start. That gives a solid two hours between the end of the Bengals and the start of the Reds. Still not ideal, but probably the best they can do.

Schedule the Rangers for a 9:00 est start (8:00 central). Again, not ideal for a late start, but it also gives about 2 hours between the football and baseball games.

If the Rangers series does not go to a 4th game, they could announce on Thursday that the Reds game has been pushed to 7:00 est if they want to ensure a primetime audience.

As for the other two series....there aren't the same conflicts so announcing a time early isn't as big of an issue....

If the Yanks go to a 4th game, you start the Braves at 12:00 est and the Yanks at 3:00 est. If the Yanks don't go to a 4th games, you start the Braves around 3:00 est.

Summary:

--If the Rangers go to a 4th game, they play at 8:00 est, period.
--The Reds are ensured either a 6:00 or 7:00 est start time regardless.
--Braves and Yanks series both guaranteed for afternoon start times regardles-- TBA depending on outcome of AL series.

Homer Bailey
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM

--They must also prepare for a pretty good possibility that the Yankees and Rangers will also be hosting games that day.

--There are no potential crossover/traffic issues in New York or Atlanta that day.

--There are potentially HUGE conflicts/traffic issues in Cincy and Dallas that day.

--Bengals play at 1:00 est; Cowboys play at 4:00 est (both stadiums are adjacent to their respective baseball stadiums and avoding overlap should be a primary goal.

--TBS must also prepare to slot 4 games back to back to back to back without overlap if possible.

---------------

You obviously don't want the Reds game starting at 1:00 or the Rangers game starting at 4:00.

Here's what you do:

Schedule the Reds for a 6:00 est start. That gives a solid two hours between the end of the Bengals and the start of the Reds. Still not ideal, but probably the best they can do.

Schedule the Rangers for a 9:00 est start (8:00 central). Again, not ideal for a late start, but it also gives about 2 hours between the football and baseball games.

If the Rangers series does not go to a 4th game, they could announce on Thursday that the Reds game has been pushed to 7:00 est if they want to ensure a primetime audience.

As for the other two series....there aren't the same conflicts so announcing a time early isn't as big of an issue....

If the Yanks go to a 4th game, you start the Braves at 12:00 est and the Yanks at 3:00 est. If the Yanks don't go to a 4th games, you start the Braves around 3:00 est.

Summary:

--Braves and Yanks series both guaranteed for afternoon start times regardles-- TBA depending on outcome of AL series.

This makes so much sense that I'd bet TBS/MLB does the exact opposite.

The Voice of IH
10-04-2010, 10:08 PM
I am upset at these times, i was hoping to have an excuse to skip class ;)

vaticanplum
10-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Good god, it's like they specifically designed this schedule to screw me. there's not much I can't miss for a Reds playoff game. Except for the things that happened to be scheduled this Wednesday and Friday. Thursday's free and clear, of course.

reds44
10-04-2010, 11:41 PM
I honestly don't know how I am going to make it until 4:07 on Wednesday. I already feel like my stomach is about to explode out of my body. I can't take this.

Ron Madden
10-05-2010, 05:46 AM

---------------

Here's what you do:

Summary:

That sounds like one hell of a plan Ed, and it makes a lot of sense. But I doubt TBS will have the Yankee game anywhere other than prime time.

SandyD
10-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Wed, Oct 6: I will be at work for the first hour, in transit for the second hour if I try to catch it at home. But I'm thinking of finding a sports bar near work to catch the end of the game.

Fri, Oct 8: family birthday dinner/party for my sisters 7 year old twins. Hope I can keep track on my cell.

Sun, Oct 10: Will still be at my sister's in Houston. my dad will be trying to keep track of the Saints game, my brother in law will be trying to keep track of the Texans game, and I will be trying to keep track of the Reds game. And my sister pretty much hates sports. I'll probably have to keep track on my phone again.

Mon, Oct 11, if nec: If it's a day game, will be on the road between Houston and New Orleans. If it's a night game, I'll be home to watch.

Redsfan320
10-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Okay... Tues. morning, and still no Sunday game time... isn't it about time they figure these things out?

Heath
10-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Okay... Tues. morning, and still no Sunday game time... isn't it about time they figure these things out?

You have to play a few games before you can get specific about times.

Heath
10-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Good god, it's like they specifically designed this schedule to screw me. there's not much I can't miss for a Reds playoff game. Except for the things that happened to be scheduled this Wednesday and Friday. Thursday's free and clear, of course.

They are calling for a 40% chance of Rain in Philly on Wednesday.

Edskin
10-05-2010, 09:42 AM

They will most likely wait until after Thursday's AL games to make an announcement on Sunday, even though we could still be in the same situation we are in now. If both AL series are 1-1 then they will know for sure they need to schedule all 4 games....either way, they should be making scheduling the Reds game a priority because they KNOW it will be played and they KNOW there is a major conflict with the Bengals.

Redsfan320
10-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Okay... thanks for the info guys. :thumbup:

Redsfan320
10-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I hope there's no rain Wednesday... I don't think I could make it another day.

OnBaseMachine
10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
From the Reds twitter page:

#Reds vs. #Phillies NLDS Game 3 on Sunday at GABP is scheduled for 7:07 p.m. Moves to 8:07 if MIN/NYY series ends Sat.

#Reds vs. #Phillies NLDS Game 4 at GABP on Monday scheduled for 5:07 p.m. but shifts to 7:37 p.m. if SF/ATL series ends Sun.

http://twitter.com/CincinnatiReds

HeatherC1212
10-05-2010, 01:00 PM
From the Reds twitter page:

#Reds vs. #Phillies NLDS Game 3 on Sunday at GABP is scheduled for 7:07 p.m. Moves to 8:07 if MIN/NYY series ends Sat.

#Reds vs. #Phillies NLDS Game 4 at GABP on Monday scheduled for 5:07 p.m. but shifts to 7:37 p.m. if SF/ATL series ends Sun.

http://twitter.com/CincinnatiReds

Yikes, I may be VERY tired at work on Monday. I'm glad they're avoiding the Bengals traffic and all but that 8:07 PM start is awfully late for those of us who have to work the next day. I'm still stoked for the game but I may need more than my normal caffeine to make it through work, LOL :laugh: *makes mental note to buy some 5 Hr Energy this weekend* :beerme:

reds44
10-05-2010, 01:00 PM
I figured there was no way they'd put the Reds and Bengals head to head with each other.

Reds Fanatic
10-05-2010, 01:08 PM
I am glad they released the times. I am going to need to take some time off Monday with a 5:07 start.

Benihana
10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Yikes, I may be VERY tired at work on Monday. I'm glad they're avoiding the Bengals traffic and all but that 8:07 PM start is awfully late for those of us who have to work the next day. I'm still stoked for the game but I may need more than my normal caffeine to make it through work, LOL :laugh: *makes mental note to buy some 5 Hr Energy this weekend* :beerme:

Ha- if you thought just going to work after a night like that is bad, I have to wake up, drive to Dayton, and return the rent a car in time for a 6am flight to New York just to make it in time for work! The Reds better not let me down!!

Homer Bailey
10-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Oh no. I had an opportunity to go, but have to be at work in Chicago Monday morning. I did not think we'd draw the night game. I don't dare drive back after that game do I?

I mean, it has been 15 years....

reds44
10-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Oh no. I had an opportunity to go, but have to be at work in Chicago Monday morning. I did not think we'd draw the night game. I don't dare drive back after that game do I?

You go and take me with lol

HeatherC1212
10-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Ha- if you thought just going to work after a night like that is bad, I have to wake up, drive to Dayton, and return the rent a car in time for a 6am flight to New York just to make it in time for work! The Reds better not let me down!!

Oh my, you win and that's some serious devotion! You might want to get the Five Hour Energy instead of me, LOL :laugh: :thumbup:

Reds Fanatic
10-05-2010, 02:15 PM
A little more schedule information from channel 9's website:

The Sunday night game will be on TNT if the Yankees series is still going on. Also Game 5 if we get to that point will be at 6:07 Wednesday

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseball/reds/reds-postseason-schedule-announced

Games 1 and 2 will be shown on TBS while Game 3 will be carried on TNT, unless the Yankees/Twins series ends on Saturday. If that happens, Game 3 between the Reds and Phillies will be shown on TBS.

Game 4, if necessary, will be played at Great American Ball Park at 5:07 p.m. ET Monday. But, if its the only game that day the time will be pushed back to 7:37 p.m. ET.

If the series goes to the full five games, Game 5 will played in Philadelphia on Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 6:07 p.m. ET.

Also some parking information for Sunday is supposed to be released later. I am wondering when I park for the Bengals game if I can just keep that parking spot for both games.

Homer Bailey
10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
You go and take me with lol

300 miles. 5 hours and 25 minutes. Ugh. I don't know man. That puts me back here around 4:00-5:00 AM.

westofyou
10-05-2010, 03:15 PM
300 miles. 5 hours and 25 minutes. Ugh. I don't know man. That puts me back here around 4:00-5:00 AM.

I driven from Alpine Amphitheater to Cincinnati after a few shows, it's kinda brutal, but not as bad as LA to SF.

Brutus
10-05-2010, 03:54 PM

I once had to drive from Atlanta to Cincinnati at 2 AM to be in court for a speeding ticket at 9 AM, then drove right back to Atlanta after court.

Man up son!

Heath
10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Updated times now reflected on the front page, except for Wed.

Benihana
10-05-2010, 04:42 PM

Take the 6am flight, like me!

Reds Fanatic
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Here is the full schedule for all the division series. So game 5 of the Reds series which earlier was listed as 6:07 would be 6:07 or 8:07 if it was the only series going on that day.

DATE GAME TIME (all ET)
Wed., Oct. 6 ALDS Game 1: Texas at Tampa Bay 1:37 p.m.
NLDS Game 1: Cincinnati at Philadelphia 5:07 p.m.
ALDS Game 1: NY Yankees at Minnesota 8:37 p.m.

Thurs., Oct. 7 ALDS Game 2: Texas at Tampa Bay 2:37 p.m.
ALDS Game 2: NY Yankees at Minnesota 6:07 p.m.
NLDS Game 1: Atlanta at San Francisco 9:37 p.m.

Fri., Oct. 8 NLDS Game 2: Cincinnati at Philadelphia 6:07 p.m.
NLDS Game 2: Atlanta at San Francisco 9:37 p.m.

Sat., Oct. 9 ALDS Game 3: Tampa Bay at Texas 5:07 p.m.
ALDS Game 3: Minnesota at NY Yankees 8:37 p.m.

Sun., Oct. 10 *ALDS Game 4: Tampa Bay at Texas 1:07 p.m.
NLDS Game 3: San Francisco at Atlanta 4:37 p.m.
NLDS Game 3: Philadelphia at Cincinnati #7:07 p.m.
*ALDS Game 4: Minnesota at NY Yankees 8:07 p.m.

Mon., Oct. 11 *NLDS Game 4: Philadelphia at Cincinnati ^5:07 p.m.
*NLDS Game 4: San Francisco at Atlanta ^8:37 p.m.

Tues., Oct. 12 *ALDS Game 5: Texas at Tampa Bay ^5:07 p.m.
*ALDS Game 5: NY Yankees at Minnesota ^8:37 p.m.

Wed., Oct. 13 *NLDS Game 5: Cincinnati at Philadelphia @6:07 p.m.
*NLDS Game 5: Atlanta at San Francisco @9:37 p.m.

# = shifts to 8:07 p.m. if MIN-NYY ends Saturday
^ = shifts to 7:37 p.m. if only one game
@ = shifts to 8:07 p.m. if only one game

HeatherC1212
10-05-2010, 05:12 PM

I drove home to Cincy from Connecticut several years ago throughout the night and somehow I actually made it home still alive. :p: I had to be home by 3 PM to go pick up my mom at the airport (she was coming home from vacation). I left CT around midnight and with the time change happening that weekend, and a few catnaps along the way, somehow I made it home with about a half hour to spare. I crashed very hard after I got back from the airport, LOL :laugh:

Red in Chicago
10-05-2010, 08:26 PM

Dude, after 15 years, you've just got to take Monday off like me. Actually, it's Columbus Day so I would have taken the day off anyway to celebrate my Italian heritage :p:

Homer Bailey
10-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Dude, after 15 years, you've just got to take Monday off like me. Actually, it's Columbus Day so I would have taken the day off anyway to celebrate my Italian heritage :p:

Are you driving to Cincinnati? Car pool?

Red in Chicago
10-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Are you driving to Cincinnati? Car pool?

Yeah, I'm driving, but have car full already.

Red in Chicago
10-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Hey, do the gates still open 90 minutes before game time, or will they open earlier since this is a playoff game?

37red
10-05-2010, 10:00 PM
I can't find the Dish vs. Fox price increase thread, how about a hint.

Razor Shines
10-05-2010, 11:59 PM
The question is what is everyone doing to steel themselves for all of the Kid Rock commercials on TBS?

Ron Madden
10-06-2010, 03:52 AM
I wont get to see game one because I work second shift.

We'll just listen to the radio broadcast, we're hoping to hear Marty and Jim do PBP.

I'm taking a vacation day Friday in order to watch the game on TV.

I have an outside chance of being at the game on Sunday. :pray:

I will be there Monday if the series goes that far.

No matter what happens I aint gonna gripe. :)

Reds Fanatic
10-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Hey, do the gates still open 90 minutes before game time, or will they open earlier since this is a playoff game?

According to this article on parking the gates will open 2 hours early on Sunday. They are encouraging people to come down early because the parking will be mess in addition to the Bengals and Reds game there is also a Disney Princess on Ice event at US Bank Arena on Sunday afternoon. I am glad I have a Bengals parking pass because parking is going to be a mess later in the day.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseball/reds/potential-parking-%27perfect-storm%27

UKFlounder
10-06-2010, 07:47 PM
So the Phillies started today. Does anyone know when the Reds start playing?

Eric_the_Red
10-06-2010, 07:48 PM

LOL! :thumbup:

reds1869
10-07-2010, 10:20 AM

Well played, sir!

Reds Fanatic
10-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Yankees now up 2-0 and going home. If the Yankees win game 3 on Saturday night the Reds Sunday game will be pushed back to 8:07.

batsfan
10-09-2010, 08:13 PM
According to this article on parking the gates will open 2 hours early on Sunday. They are encouraging people to come down early because the parking will be mess in addition to the Bengals and Reds game there is also a Disney Princess on Ice event at US Bank Arena on Sunday afternoon. I am glad I have a Bengals parking pass because parking is going to be a mess later in the day.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/sports/baseball/reds/potential-parking-%27perfect-storm%27

According to the Reds twitter:

Gates will open at 5:10 for tomorrow's #Reds vs. #Phillies NLDS Game 3 regardless of whether it remains a 7:07 game or moves to 8:07.

Does anyone know if they will have batting practice tomorrow. I know it is not usually done on Sundays, but I would guess that playoff night games are exceptions.

Reds Fanatic
10-09-2010, 08:25 PM
According to the Reds twitter:

Does anyone know if they will have batting practice tomorrow. I know it is not usually done on Sundays, but I would guess that playoff night games are exceptions.

I am sure there will be batting practice tomorrow. Keep in mind by the way that time will shift back an hour if the Yankees win tonight.

OnBaseMachine
10-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Yankees lead the Twins 5-0 in the 4th inning. It looks like the Reds game will start at 8:07 tomorrow night.