PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Game Time

Votto4MVP
10-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Anyone know when they will announce the time for Sunday's game?

Captain13
10-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't, but I get the feeling they may wait until they know if there will be at least one AL game that day. I'm afraid they are going to wait until Saturday to announce it.

will5979
10-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't, but I get the feeling they may wait until they know if there will be at least one AL game that day. I'm afraid they are going to wait until Saturday to announce it.

Be nice to know before then, I have to plan a 6 six hour drive/eat/park/tailgate time before the game.

Captain13
10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Be nice to know before then, I have to plan a 6 six hour drive/eat/park/tailgate time before the game.

I agree. I only have an hour-and-a-half drive, but it is the idea. I would like to be able to plan my day.

Girevik
10-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Ditto. My son has a football game at 3,and I'd like to know what to tell the coach about if he'll be there for any of it. Probably not, but it would be nice to know....

KOBasinger
10-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Mo Egger reporting the game's first pitch will be at 7:07

arkimadee
10-05-2010, 01:35 PM
nice

KOBasinger
10-05-2010, 01:39 PM
SN to that start time : If the Min-NY series is over by then, the game will be started an hour later at 8:07

Kiss the Baby00
10-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Ditto. My son has a football game at 3,and I'd like to know what to tell the coach about if he'll be there for any of it. Probably not, but it would be nice to know....

pretty ridiculous to have your son miss a game he practices all week for so you can go to a baseball game. i hated kids like that on my team. only show up when it is convenient for them. might as well have him quit if you are going to pick and choose when he goes to games.

Votto4MVP
10-05-2010, 02:05 PM
pretty ridiculous to have your son miss a game he practices all week for so you can go to a baseball game. i hated kids like that on my team. only show up when it is convenient for them. might as well have him quit if you are going to pick and choose when he goes to games.

I dont know how old the kid is, but since its a sunday game im guessing like Elementary school or something.

This kid has a chance to go to a game he will remember forever, and a game that doesnt happen very often in cincy recently (first playoff game in 15 years). If he wants to skip a little football game to go watch the first reds playoff game in 15 years I completely understand, and who the hell are you to tell him otherwise.

justincredible
10-05-2010, 02:11 PM

Seriously? I could see your beef if he was constantly missing practices yet expected to play during the game. Lighten up, Francis.

Girevik
10-05-2010, 02:23 PM

Wow. I guess I have to tell him we can't go to the Reds' playoff game because he can't miss a 9 & 10 year old football game.

I'm not "having" him do anything. I told him it would probably be a 7:00 Reds game and if he wanted to play in his football game we could go down after and maybe miss an inning or two. He wants to be there from the fist pitch.

mroby85
10-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Wow. I guess I have to tell him we can't go to the Reds' playoff game because he can't miss a 9 & 10 year old football game.

I'm not "having" him do anything. I told him it would probably be a 7:00 Reds game and if he wanted to play in his football game we could go down after and maybe miss an inning or two. He wants to be there from the fist pitch.

I think you probably should. I mean, I would've agreed with you before, but after the expert analysis of "kissthebaby00" it's probably the right thing to do. :rolleyes: lol, I'm assuming thats your wife, because otherwise, I don't see how any of this is kissthebaby00's business, lol.

jksteele03
10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Mo Egger reporting the game's first pitch will be at 7:07

The Reds site confirms Mo Egger...
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/postseason.jsp

Kiss the Baby00
10-05-2010, 04:36 PM

as a parent maybe you should show him some responsibility. say hey, i know the reds game is on but you have a commitment to your team. He can play his game and watch the Reds on tv or miss an inning or two if he wants to go. His own game should be the first priority. I am sure because my name is "kissthebaby00" i have no idea what i am talking about. Lets just hope the other 30 parents on the team dont have the same ideas about letting their kid be noncommittal to a team sport or they will have to cancel the game.

knoonan991
10-05-2010, 04:42 PM
as a parent maybe you should show him some responsibility. say hey, i know the reds game is on but you have a commitment to your team. He can play his game and watch the Reds on tv or miss an inning or two if he wants to go. His own game should be the first priority. I am sure because my name is "kissthebaby00" i have no idea what i am talking about. Lets just hope the other 30 parents on the team dont have the same ideas about letting their kid be noncommittal to a team sport or they will have to cancel the game.

Since I am a student I probably should not skip class on Monday because I made a commitment to school when I chose to attend a university, right?:rolleyes:

I will be in Cincinnati Sunday and Monday, I have waited my whole life for a moment like this. If I skip class for one day, big deal. There are some things you make priority No. 1 because you never know if you will get another opportunity to attend something this special.

Kiss the Baby00
10-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Since I am a student I probably should not skip class on Monday because I made a commitment to school when I chose to attend a university, right?:rolleyes:

I will be in Cincinnati Sunday and Monday, I have waited my whole life for a moment like this. If I skip class for one day, big deal. There are some things you make priority No. 1 because you never know if you will get another opportunity to attend something this special.

the rest of the classroom isnt expecting you to show up. good try at a terrible analogy.

texasdave
10-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Wednesday, 5:07 p.m. (TBS)

Friday, 6:07 p.m. (TBS)

Sunday, 7:07 p.m. (TNT) or 8:07 p.m. (TBS), Reds play at 8:07 if Yankees-Twins series ends in three games

Monday, 5:07 p.m. If necessary, TBS (moves to 7:37 if Giants-Braves series ends in three games)

Wednesday, 6:07 p.m. If necessary, TBS (moves to 8:07 if Giants-Braves series ends in four games)

goreds2
10-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Wednesday, 5:07 p.m. (TBS)

Friday, 6:07 p.m. (TBS)

Sunday, 7:07 p.m. (TNT) or 8:07 p.m. (TBS), Reds play at 8:07 if Yankees-Twins series ends in three games

Monday, 5:07 p.m. If necessary, TBS (moves to 7:37 if Giants-Braves series ends in three games)

Wednesday, 6:07 p.m. If necessary, TBS (moves to 8:07 if Giants-Braves series ends in four games)

Good info. THanks!

Captain13
10-06-2010, 09:26 AM

So what if they do? Maybe they should.

Sunday should be a holiday in Cincinnati. Everything should be closed by 6:30(except essential services: hospitals, police stations, bars, etc) and everyone should be watching the Reds game. C'mon Mayor Mallory...declare Sunday a holiday! :beerme: