Edinson Volquez.

The wait is finally over. Lets go.

*BaseClogger*
10-06-2010, 01:25 AM
*BaseClogger* likes this...

Ron Madden
10-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Ron Madden absolutely loves this!

The anticipation is nerve wracking and glorious at the same time.

kbrake
10-06-2010, 06:15 AM
My goal is to stay at work for as long as possible today. I know as soon as I get home I'm going to just go nuts anyways. Oh I wish it was 5:07.

RedFanAlways1966
10-06-2010, 07:23 AM
"It's been such a long time..." Seems like the last time this day was here, the band Boston was laying down this song in the studio. Well maybe not that long for our beloved team.

Things I was doing the last time the REDS were in the playoffs...
* Still working at my 1st company out of college. I am now at my 4th company.
* Played in two different local heavy metal bands that year, Absolut Rukus and Doomsday. Have not played a public gig since 2001.
* Dating a girl that I have not seen in person since 1997.
* Would openly say that I was never getting married nor having any kids (single guys never say these things, do they?). Married and have a daughter today.
* Had been less than a year since I attended an NFL game that matched for the 1st time (only time?) a father-vs-son head coached game. Shula-vs-Shula. Won by the wrong Shula of course.

Homer Bailey
10-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Had a feeling 44 would have a game day thread.... Homer approves this message.

OesterPoster
10-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Yep. I have a migraine already, so it must be time.

RedsManRick
10-06-2010, 09:20 AM
"It's been such a long time..." Seems like the last time this day was here, the band Boston was laying down this song in the studio. Well maybe not that long for our beloved team.

* Played in two different local heavy metal bands that year, Absolut Rukus and Doomsday. Have not played a public gig since 2001.
* Would openly say that I was never getting married nor having any kids (single guys never say these things, do they?). Married and have a daughter today.
* Had been less than a year since I attended an NFL game that matched for the 1st time (only time?) a father-vs-son head coached game. Shula-vs-Shula. Won by the wrong Shula of course.

*Adjusting to my move from Dayton to State College, PA
*Starting 3rd grade

durl
10-06-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm excited about today but I'm REALLY looking forward to playoff baseball in GABP.

And the downside of being in the Central time zone is that today's game starts while I'm at work. Slingbox is my friend.

SunDeck
10-06-2010, 09:32 AM
1) We gotta play 'em one day at a time.
2) I'm just happy to be here. Hope I can help the ballclub.
3) I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out.

HeatherC1212
10-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Yep. I have a migraine already, so it must be time.

Glad I'm not the only one who woke up with a headache. I thought it was just me, LOL :laugh: I do hope this thing goes away soon. I can't watch playoff baseball with a headache the whole time. :(

Homer Bailey
10-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I still just don't know how to do this. I don't know how to do the playoffs. I was 9 in 1995, so I didn't understand playoff baseball.

Tonight is easily the biggest game of my adult life. My whole life all I've wanted is for the Reds to be competetive, but now that it's here, I just have no idea what to expect. I'm excited, nervous, anxious, tired, scared, and jittery. 4:07 (CST) needs to get here right now.

Ghosts of 1990
10-06-2010, 10:32 AM
my stomach is in knots.

membengal
10-06-2010, 10:37 AM
One thing to remember, it's a five game series, so don't get too hyped up for game one. That said, fun to have this come around again.

_Sir_Charles_
10-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Absolut Rukus

ROFL! Great, GREAT name for a band. That cracked me up. :D

sabometrics
10-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Just my luck I have a doctors appointment at 4 with a 5 o'clock gametime on the day this club makes its first playoff appearance in my adult lifetime. Doc better be quick. Thank god for DVR though.

HeatherC1212
10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Just my luck I have a doctors appointment at 4 with a 5 o'clock gametime on the day this club makes its first playoff appearance in my adult lifetime. Doc better be quick. Thank god for DVR though.

The youth pastor at my church scheduled a meeting tonight for 6:15 PM and then I have Bible Study right after that meeting. :( I knew I was going to miss the first parts of the game due to not being home from work yet but missing the rest of it live is a bit of a bummer. I'm recording the game so I won't miss anything overall but I really wanted to watch most of it live tonight. I'm going to give the youth pastor a hard time all night about his poor scheduling choices, LOL :laugh: :eek: :p:

reds44
10-06-2010, 11:25 AM
I still just don't know how to do this. I don't know how to do the playoffs. I was 9 in 1995, so I didn't understand playoff baseball.

Tonight is easily the biggest game of my adult life. My whole life all I've wanted is for the Reds to be competetive, but now that it's here, I just have no idea what to expect. I'm excited, nervous, anxious, tired, scared, and jittery. 4:07 (CST) needs to get here right now.
My stomach has felt like it was going to explode since Monday. I just can't take this. I'm convinced I'm going to die before 4:07.

Class is going to be impossible to sit through today.

Cicero
10-06-2010, 11:26 AM
*Adjusting to my move from Dayton to State College, PA
*Starting 3rd grade

State College eh? I am in Ebensburg. Will be fun rooting for the good guys from enemy territory.

OnBaseMachine
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm excited! For some reason I have yet to get nervous. It's coming though.

dougdirt
10-06-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm excited! For some reason I have yet to get nervous. It's coming though.

I am right here with this. I know its about to happen, but the nervousness that I should be feeling isn't there yet.

Homer Bailey
10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
I came into "work" (is it really work if I'm on RZ all day and trying to figure out a good song for Chapman to enter to at GABP?) at 6:30 this morning because I couldn't sleep and I want to leave early for the game.

I've got basically nothing done all day.

redsfaninbsg
10-06-2010, 11:44 AM
When the game starts I'm sure I'll get nervous at some point but I'm really just happy they finally made ti. I've thought for the last 2-3 years that 2011 was the year. This is all gravy to me, time to sit back and enjoy it.

Matt700wlw
10-06-2010, 11:59 AM

I was 15!

VR
10-06-2010, 12:01 PM
The youth pastor at my church scheduled a meeting tonight for 6:15 PM and then I have Bible Study right after that meeting. :( I knew I was going to miss the first parts of the game due to not being home from work yet but missing the rest of it live is a bit of a bummer. I'm recording the game so I won't miss anything overall but I really wanted to watch most of it live tonight. I'm going to give the youth pastor a hard time all night about his poor scheduling choices, LOL :laugh: :eek: :p:

Heather.....I'm sure your youth pastor would rather having you ministering to 100's of drunkards, heathens, and idol worshippers instead. In other words, the game thread need YOU!

VR
10-06-2010, 12:06 PM
I came into "work" (is it really work if I'm on RZ all day and trying to figure out a good song for Chapman to enter to at GABP?) at 6:30 this morning because I couldn't sleep and I want to leave early for the game.

I've got basically nothing done all day.

It's the bummer of working on the West Coast. Game starts at 2...so I'm going to have to leave right after lunch. Dang it.

kbrake
10-06-2010, 12:12 PM
I am right here with this. I know its about to happen, but the nervousness that I should be feeling isn't there yet.

I can't believe how nervous I am. Wish I was more with you and OBM.

Caveat Emperor
10-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't have the nervous feeling. I don't think it's fully sunk in yet that the Reds are playing post-season baseball.

Game 1. Need to win 3. I'm going to try and enjoy the moment and remind myself that the outcome of tonight's game isn't the end of the world either way.

westofyou
10-06-2010, 12:19 PM
It's the bummer of working on the West Coast. Game starts at 2...so I'm going to have to leave right after lunch. Dang it.

Yep, I'm walking out at 2, but I have to wrap a few errands around my afternoon as well.

Matt700wlw
10-06-2010, 12:22 PM

I was 15!

SunDeck
10-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Yep, I'm walking out at 2, but I have to wrap a few errands around my afternoon as well.
I'm leaving at 2 as well. Time zone is not a factor- I just need to stretch out before the game.
:beerme:

Reds Fanatic
10-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I am leaving work early at 4:30 and racing home to get home by the first pitch.

Roy Tucker
10-06-2010, 12:53 PM

Its OK to be nervous, but don't be scared.

You never know, Dusty might call you in off the bench. ;)

Heath
10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
There's a sign that I remember in the old City View Tavern -

It's only a game, it's not life or death, the sun will come up tomorrow, Lord willing.

However, today is pretty close.

I planned on being in my car to listen to the first inning driving home. Love him or hate him, Marty Brennaman has been the voice of the Reds for lo these many years. I would like to hear the excitement in that man's voice. And I plan to mute the TV, thank you very much.

Now, if Brandon Phillips could hit the first pitch for a HR..........

Oxilon
10-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't usually get off work until 6:00-6:30. Looks like the first few innings I'll be watching via my iPhone w/ no sound. Yep, that sure sounds like playoff baseball to me. :(

reds44
10-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I can't believe how nervous I am. Wish I was more with you and OBM.
Agreed. I've never been this nervous in my life.

OesterPoster
10-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Now, if Brandon Phillips could hit the first pitch for a HR..........

Just a guess, but first pitch will be BP doing his usual fake bunt thing. Maybe he'll homer on the 2nd pitch. :)

OnBaseMachine
10-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Agreed. I've never been this nervous in my life.

It's weird that I'm not nervous yet because I usually get nervous easy. I was nervous when the Reds had an eight game lead with 10 games remaining but I'm really not nervous right now for some reason. Crazy. It will come though. My heart will explode if/when Cordero enters the game with a lead.

BoydsOfSummer
10-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Enjoy the game live you lucky ones. I'll be issuing a gag order on updates when I get to work at 2:30. I hope I make it to my DVR without any knowledge of the game. It's probably a futile wish.

Stomp 'em, Redlegs!

westofyou
10-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Nervous?

For a baseball game?

Not me, I save that sort of reactions to events that I can control (or like to think I can) like hurtling down a mountain on a bike or walking across slippery rocks in a fast stream.

RichRed
10-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Nervous?

For a baseball game?

Not me, I save that sort of reactions to events that I can control (or like to think I can) like hurtling down a mountain on a bike or walking across slippery rocks in a fast stream.

Sure, if you want to get all rational about it. ;)

I tell myself it's just a game and there's nothing to be nervous about but when the game starts, my heart starts pounding, my hands start sweating, etc., all in spite of myself. Each pitch is a new adventure in anxiety.

I tell myself that a grownup shouldn't care so much about a game, especially one that other people are playing, yet there I am, on the couch acting like a lunatic, with my wife looking at me like I'm a pod person.

(I'm even worse with football.)

SunDeck
10-06-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't usually get off work until 6:00-6:30. Looks like the first few innings I'll be watching via my iPhone w/ no sound. Yep, that sure sounds like playoff baseball to me. :(

Dude, I had to string the cord from my transistor radio ear piece up my sleeve to listen to the Reds-Pirates playoff games in class. There were about 14 boys in third grade class, all of us leaning our heads on our palms.

RFS62
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Dude, I had to string the cord from my transistor radio ear piece up my sleeve to listen to the Reds-Pirates playoff games in class. There were about 14 boys in third grade class, all of us leaning our heads on our palms.

I got busted doing this in the 4th grade listening to the World Series. Willie Davis made his third error, and I yelled out something, can't remember what, during class.

Radio confiscated.

Just left work and picked up beer, brats, sauerkraut, three big bags of ballpark peanuts, and numerous other items, all bad for you.

Let the games begin!!!!!

VR
10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Nervous? No.

Anxious? Indeed.

oneupper
10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
My NL Central Champion T-shirts just arrived.

I am not properly attired for the game. :)

SunDeck
10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I got busted doing this in the 4th grade listening to the World Series. Willie Davis made his third error, and I yelled out something, can't remember what, during class.

Radio confiscated.

Just left work and picked up beer, brats, sauerkraut, three big bags of ballpark peanuts, and numerous other items, all bad for you.

Let the games begin!!!!!

I have a pound of brats from Eckerlin's in my fridge, and the Mrs. is stocking the lager as I type.
Turns out I will probably miss the first inning now, teaching a workshop for a sick colleague, then I'm out of here like Fred Flintstone, sliding down the dinosaur.

15fan
10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Nervous?

For a baseball game?

Word. After 15 years in the desert, it doesn't really matter whether the water comes from an oasis, the tap, or a chilled bottle of Evian.

It's all good.

RedsManRick
10-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Decided 6 weeks ago to attend the TEDx conference here in town tonight. Going to miss the game entirely. Boooo!

durl
10-06-2010, 02:32 PM

Our church cancels events when the county schools are on Fall Break and that just happens to be...THIS WEEK!

bucksfan2
10-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Nervous?

For a baseball game?

Now thats just stupid! You should at least do it when snow is on the ground and your breaks are skis, something you have more control over. And if you fall make sure you fall into powder instead of a rock!