PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts

BCubb2003
10-06-2010, 10:14 PM
They say a bad day at the ballpark beats a good day at the office, but there's too much randomness in the data.

The worst part of the no-hitter was not being able to enjoy it.

Only the fans can argue balls and strikes.

But maybe the scouts should scout the umps.

Someone tell the young fans and Aroldis Chapman that it's not supposed to be like this.

Rick Wise is not impressed.

It's all the same to Pythagoras.

The good news is the bullpen qualified for a quality start.

Blaming the pitching or defense in a no-hitter is like blaming the lack of ham for the lack of a sandwich when you don't have bread.

top6
10-06-2010, 10:20 PM
You know who could help put this all in perspective with a few jokes? Conan O'Brien. Does anyone know what he's up to these days?

Brutus
10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
You know who could help put this all in perspective with a few jokes? Conan O'Brien. Does anyone know what he's up to these days?

They showed a Conan promo tonight during the game. He starts here on TBS in 4 weeks.

Oh, and nice work as usual, BC.

oneupper
10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Blaming the pitching or defense in a no-hitter is like blaming the lack of ham for the lack of a sandwich when you don't have bread.

I'm still laughing at this one. :D

top6
10-06-2010, 10:27 PM
They showed a Conan promo tonight during the game. He starts here on TBS in 4 weeks.

Plus they showed about 100 shots of the Conan blimp, plus the announcers mentioned Conan about 100 times, plus there was sign for Conan behind home plate for at least an inning, plus they showed at least 1 more Conan promo (there was the one with him in the blimp and the one with people being sad that he was gone).

Brutus
10-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Plus they showed about 100 shots of the Conan blimp, plus the announcers mentioned Conan about 100 times, plus there was sign for Conan behind home plate for at least an inning, plus they showed at least 1 more Conan promo (there was the one with him in the blimp and the one with people being sad that he was gone).

I just figured you missed the game, so I didn't stop to consider that you were being sarcastic.

top6
10-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I just figured you missed the game, so I didn't stop to consider that you were being sarcastic.

Sometimes sarcasm is difficult to pull off on the internet. Sorry.

Brutus
10-06-2010, 10:34 PM

No biggie. As you alluded to, TBS didn't pull any punches in their Conan promotions. So I was surprised to think that anyone could have missed that.

sivman17
10-06-2010, 11:39 PM

Very good point.

It would've been a total waste if Wood or Arroyo pitched a gem tonight and gave up 1 run. We still have Arroyo for game 2 and Wood for a potential game 4. Things could be worse.

camisadelgolf
10-07-2010, 10:42 AM
I wonder if a no-hitter wouldn't've happened had someone started a thread about it in tORG while the game was happening.

VR
10-07-2010, 11:36 AM

Being funny isn't easy top6...keep it up though, it's appreciated ;)

Marty and Joe
10-07-2010, 06:28 PM
The worst part of the no-hitter was not being able to enjoy it.

Indeed.... Nothing like being on the wrong side of history.

Hopefully, it becomes the "no-hitter against the underdog in Game 1 and the amazing upset afterwards".

Captain Hook
10-07-2010, 10:02 PM
I wonder if a no-hitter wouldn't've happened had someone started a thread about it in tORG while the game was happening.

I think we might of dropped the ball here.

blumj
10-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I think we might of dropped the ball here.

Uh, oh, I think that might be the one unforgivable fan board sin.