PDA

View Full Version : Leading off for the Cincinnati Reds...

malcontent
10-07-2010, 04:06 PM
80% BP.

But hey, he can now feel the bat, so it's all good.

Phillips said his hand still is not healed, with a small knot still visible.

“I’m like 80 percent,” he said. “It’s getting a whole lot better. I can feel the bat now, so that’s a good thing. Other times I couldn’t feel the bat at all. I’m starting to feel my power and get the bat through the zone.”

tgroeschen@enquirer.com

texasdave
10-07-2010, 04:09 PM
So the Reds have an 80% Phillips and one of the worst hitters in the league in OCab batting in front of Joey Votto. Okay.

Jack Burton
10-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Maybe BPhil needs a rest, hasn't really been much since putting his foot in his mouth a while back.

1990REDS
10-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I hate it when guys play hurt and take every chance they get to tell you that they are playing hurt. Either play hurt and deal with it or sit out.

malcontent
10-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I hate it when guys play hurt and take every chance they get to tell you that they are playing hurt. Either play hurt and deal with it or sit out.
Agreed, but my major criticism at this point is why in the blank is he leading off?

He's been an out machine with zero power for a month now, ever since the HBP, just wearing out the opponent's 2B.

ol'Sparky
10-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I love the way drew plays when he get's on base .. he's got to make better contact and avoid the K's !!

Kingspoint
10-08-2010, 12:17 AM
I'd let Rolen lead off, bat Stubbs second, Votto 3rd, Bruce 4th, Hernandez/Hanigan 5th, Phillips 6th, Heisey 7th, Cabrera 8th.

Rolen would take about 7 pitches the first at-bat.

New York Red
10-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I'd let Rolen lead off, bat Stubbs second, Votto 3rd, Bruce 4th, Hernandez/Hanigan 5th, Phillips 6th, Heisey 7th, Cabrera 8th.

Rolen would take about 7 pitches the first at-bat.
I like it.

Krawhitham
10-08-2010, 02:28 PM

They asked him why he is sucking and he gave an answer, what do you want him to do lie or just not answer? Phillips has already alienated most of the press should he just alienate the rest?

Stray
10-08-2010, 02:46 PM
You're not going to totally swap around your lineup at this point in the year. In uncharted territory, may as well leave the guys where they're used to being.

I wouldn't mind moving Phillips down and leading off Stubbs, they've tried it and had success with it, but I'm fine with Phillips up there. Stick with what got you here and hope it works.