PDA

View Full Version : Parking information for game 3

Reds Fanatic
10-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Parking information has been released for game 3:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/10/07/parking-information-for-nlds-game-3-at-gabp/

Hamilton County officials are requesting that Bengals season ticket holders move their vehicles within 45 minutes of the conclusion of the Bengals game if parked in lots A, B, C, D, E, F or the Central Riverfront Garage. Additionally, they are requesting that those who are planning to attend both games and park in these lots exit the lots and re-enter for the Reds game

I think they are in some ways creating more traffic problems. I was planning on parking for the Bengals game and staying in the garage. Now they basically asking us to leave the lot get in the traffic jam between games just to turn around and go back into the same lot.

OesterPoster
10-07-2010, 05:55 PM
So they can charge you twice, dummy. :)

macro
10-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Additionally, they are requesting that those who are planning to attend both games and park in these lots exit the lots and re-enter for the Reds game...

I'm not sure whether to :rolleyes: or to :lol: .

My question is, "What if they don't?"

George Anderson
10-07-2010, 06:41 PM
We usually go across the river into KY before the game but I am wondering if that will be a good idea on Sunday.

Any input in where to go before the game?? I haven't spent a dime on a Cincy establishment since the Caddy's/ Flanagans days.

Cedric
10-07-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure whether to :rolleyes: or to :lol: .

My question is, "What if they don't?"

Honestly I'm not shocked anymore. These people don't even pretend it's not a money grab anymore.

Reds Fanatic
10-08-2010, 03:48 PM
I just received an email from the Bengals with pretty much this same parking information for Sunday. Except it added this line to the end about the need for all the people parking for the Bengals games in A, B, C, D, E, F and CRG to exit within 45 minutes of the end of the Bengals game and to reenter the lots for the Reds game.

It is understood that this is a slight inconvenience, but this is the only way for the County to properly account for the parking revenue for the Reds game.

So basically the county is saying sorry for invonvenience of leaving a lot and getting into the traffic jam just to turn around and re-enter the same lot we don't want to lose any parking money for the Reds game. What they should do since it is all about the money is let you pay the extra money at the beginning of the day so you could just stay parked which would make for less of a traffic problem between games.

OesterPoster
10-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Not to mention, they have a Disney on Ice show in US Bank Arena at 1 and 5 the same day.

Might as well park in Clifton and take a bus. :)

Reds Freak
10-08-2010, 04:06 PM
We usually go across the river into KY before the game but I am wondering if that will be a good idea on Sunday.

Any input in where to go before the game?? I haven't spent a dime on a Cincy establishment since the Caddy's/ Flanagans days.

I'd suggest Head First Sports Cafe or the InBetween which are on 3rd street if you want to stay close to the stadiums. If not, I would head up to around the Fountain Square area (5th/6th and Walnut/Vine) where there are any number of bars/restaurants (Nicholson's, Mynt, Rock Bottom, Palomino, Righteous Room, Nada, Bartini, etc.). If you want to go a little further there are a few bars on 7th street and Arnold's on 8th street (my personal favorite).

dsmith421
10-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I'd suggest Head First Sports Cafe or the InBetween which are on 3rd street if you want to stay close to the stadiums.

This is a wholly unsolicited remark, but I think In Between may be the worst bar in the history of booze. Crappy atmosphere, inedible food, and indifferent service at stadium prices. I think that place will probably close 5 minutes after the Banks is up and running, and good riddance.

macro
10-10-2010, 12:02 AM
The thing that makes this so ridiculous is that it's a problem that could easily be solved without anyone being asked to leave and come back in. Simply distribute passes of three different colors as people pay to park.

For example, passes could be red, white, and blue. Sell red passes to those who only want to be parked for the Bengals game. Sell white passes to those who wish to remain parked for both games, and those passes cost twice as much. Then sell blue passes for those who show up for the Reds game that night.

During the Bengals game, cars must have red or white passes. During the Reds game, cars must have blue or white passes. Is there any reason this wouldn't work?

:confused:

reds1869
10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
The thing that makes this so ridiculous is that it's a problem that could easily be solved without anyone being asked to leave and come back in. Simply distribute passes of three different colors as people pay to park.

For example, passes could be red, white, and blue. Sell red passes to those who only want to be parked for the Bengals game. Sell white passes to those who wish to remain parked for both games, and those passes cost twice as much. Then sell blue passes for those who show up for the Reds game that night.

During the Bengals game, cars must have red or white passes. During the Reds game, cars must have blue or white passes. Is there any reason this wouldn't work?

:confused:

That is a really good idea. It uses common sense which is exactly why it isn't happening.

TeamCasey
10-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I think that place will probably close 5 minutes after the Banks is up and running, and good riddance.

The Banks ....... up and running ........ in our lifetime? I think not.