PDA

View Full Version : what kind of sperstitions do you use ..

ol'Sparky
10-07-2010, 09:23 PM
to bring a home a queen city victory ?

marty, cowboy 'n' a cold one !! :beerme:

mlh1981
10-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm not shaving until the Reds win the world series.

New York Red
10-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm not shaving until the Reds win the world series.
LOL ... I hope we RedsZoners get to see some before and after pics! :)

I don't think I have any superstitions, except during the actual games. None of this crazy stuff has any effect on the games, but I do it anyway. If the Reds are winning, but it's a tight game in the late innings, I won't call or text my brother. If we are losing a tight, late inning game, I won't reply to his texts. I'm pretty sure he jinxes the Reds ... lol. If the game isn't close, these rules don't apply.

I've also learned that if I join in the RedsZone game thread late in the game, especially when Cordero is coming in to save the game, I cost us the game about 50% of the time. Or maybe that's Coco's save percentage since I joined RZ. Anyway, these rules also apply to Bengals games. My brother is notorious for texting me in the middle of the first quarter to say "WE SUCK". Even in games we win. I have more of these "issues", but this post is mostly tongue-in-cheek.

It's true, but still not to be taken too seriously. :beerme:

Kingspoint
10-08-2010, 12:14 AM
I've never had one work, so I stopped using them.

mmt1552
10-08-2010, 01:12 AM
I've never had one work, so I stopped using them.

This pretty much blew my mind. Your superstition is that you don't use superstitions. With this being your superstition does this mean that your breaking that same superstition by using this as a superstition? My head hurts, well done.