PDA

View Full Version : this team just tanked

Maker_84
10-08-2010, 09:49 PM
that is all

Caveman Techie
10-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I am so PO'd right now I can't see straight.

That was a pathetic display of baseball the last 3 innings. Way to waste a good opportunity.

redsfan_12
10-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I went from loving this team, to basically hating them at the moment, all in 3 innings

Red in Atl
10-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Bull S***. We were had at Utley pulling a Jeter. That inning should never have happened, and it's 4-3 going into the top of the 8th...

redsfan_12
10-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Bull S***. We were had at Utley pulling a Jeter. That inning should never have happened, and it's 4-3 going into the top of the 8th...

blaming this loss on the umpires??

Maker_84
10-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I am so PO'd right now I can't see straight.

That was a pathetic display of baseball the last 3 innings. Way to waste a good opportunity.

+1. nobody should up to the game on Sunday just to send a message that we don't put up with this BS

cbowen2112
10-08-2010, 10:03 PM
blaming this loss on the umpires??

players do have boiling points...i do believe umpires had a ton to do with this game.

redsfan_12
10-08-2010, 10:03 PM
players do have boiling points...i do believe umpires had a ton to do with this game.

I tend to agree. But they didnt have anything to do with the 3 big errors.

Natty Redlocks
10-08-2010, 10:05 PM
From the Big Boy Board (Edskin): "Kinda saw it coming...one of the few on here who picked Phillies in 3...they are simply a much better team than we are...and on top of that, I think you had to maybe expect a bit of "nervous" play from our guys---we saw it in August in the Cards series as well.

The numbers don't lie, they didn't all year. We had a great season, accomplished something very significant, but we were not good against upper echelon competition. We aren't ready yet for the bright lights. Hopefully this indoctrination will aid us in the future." That's it in a nutshell. This team reminds me of the Phillies a few years ago.

Natty Redlocks
10-08-2010, 10:06 PM
+1. nobody should up to the game on Sunday just to send a message that we don't put up with this BS

lame

Maker_84
10-08-2010, 10:08 PM
From the Big Boy Board (Edskin): "Kinda saw it coming...one of the few on here who picked Phillies in 3...they are simply a much better team than we are...and on top of that, I think you had to maybe expect a bit of "nervous" play from our guys---we saw it in August in the Cards series as well.

The numbers don't lie, they didn't all year. We had a great season, accomplished something very significant, but we were not good against upper echelon competition. We aren't ready yet for the bright lights. Hopefully this indoctrination will aid us in the future." That's it in a nutshell. This team reminds me of the Phillies a few years ago.

i would say their barely better not much better. it's easy to win a game when the other team shoots itself in the leg

Natty Redlocks
10-08-2010, 10:12 PM
i would say their barely better not much better. it's easy to win a game when the other team shoots itself in the leg

It's easy to shoot yourself in the leg when you know you're overmatched. C'mon, these guys played their butts off all season. You think they weren't trying their hardest? Please.

redsrolen
10-08-2010, 10:14 PM

WELL SAID!!!!

justincredible
10-08-2010, 10:20 PM

Ummm...how 'bout no? Why should we turn our backs on the team when they gave us the best season a Reds team has given us in 15 years? Give me a break.

webbbj
10-08-2010, 10:38 PM
that was torture. i dont disagree the phillies have better players but (and i hate saying this) they did not win this game the reds lost it. the reds had the opportunity to go into game 3 w/ probably their best pitching matchup at home w/ an opportunity to take control. now any win in this series just feels like torture b/c their just prolonging our eventual death.

Stray
10-08-2010, 10:42 PM

That is well put. I can only hope we keep it going like the Phils did after 07. Most of our core is young and under contract, we're going to be around for a while. Win or lose, this experience should help.

webbbj
10-08-2010, 11:36 PM
for this season to be over.

this was the most disappointing loss i have ever witnessed for a sports team i like. but, you know what i dont expect these players to feel sorry for themselves and i dont expect the fans either.

i know its cliche but the reds dont have to win 3 games in a row they need to win 1 game in a row three times. last time i checked a series isnt over until you win all 3 and it doesnt matter what order you win them in. the reds have won 3 in a row before this season and now is a perfect time to do it again.

this team has faced adversity and have thrived in it all year. thats why i love this team so much.

so dont feel sorry go to the game and cheer loud and cheer often and lets win 1 in a row.

shan12stones
10-08-2010, 11:37 PM
i am bummed out.but still love the reds.

bigtuna2010
10-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Did anyone notice the umpire on the Hit by Pitch on Utley. He threw his head in the other direction so the ball wouldnt hit his noggin. How could he make that call when he closed his eyes and moved his head. Umps CANT react to player acting (they have an incentive to cheat)

Lot of bad breaks tonight boys. But at least there's more baseball to be played

Stray
10-08-2010, 11:42 PM
We're a few really rare errors away from being in the drivers seat in this series. That's what makes that loss so tough. Who woulda thunk Phillips would have a huge offensive game and horrible defensive game. Jay Bruce error?!?! What.

I don't like our chances, but I've learned not to give up on them.

bshall2105
10-08-2010, 11:49 PM
That was a very tough loss, and I was shocked at how it happened. That wasn't Reds baseball out there today.

redsfan_12
10-08-2010, 11:53 PM
That was a very tough loss, and I was shocked at how it happened. That wasn't Reds baseball out there today.

10-09-2010, 12:09 AM
To be honest, I'm kinda ready. I'm exhausted.

Fifteen years of not watching games that matter have left me out of shape. I should be in shape for next season, and it's postseason. :)

redsrolen
10-09-2010, 12:41 AM
I have been rehabbing a bad accident for over 2 years, I've been in more pain than I thought possible and I have a strong threshold for pain. This team has given me more joy and excitement than I have had in a long time! I told myself, if they can come back, I can come back!!!
I started crying in the 7th inning when all the awful comments of Scott, started hitting the board. Then I realized I was feeling bad about a friend that played his heart out all year long, changed the attitude of this entire team almost single handedly, and changed Cin. Reds baseball, I think forever. He set a new standard in that clubhouse and ball park that hadn't been there in years.
No more crying for me!!!

THANKS AGAIN REDS,:luvu:

You brought me back from the dead, and showed me how to live again!!!

redsfan_12
10-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Great post

Reds64
10-09-2010, 01:05 AM
Right on! So what our team is down by 2-0 all they doing is taking care of home field, yes it would of been nice to steal one out that crappy field. Now it's our teams turn to do the same exact thing to them.

It isn't over until the fat lady sings.

malcontent
10-09-2010, 01:17 AM
Chant should be "Jeeee-ter". For every Utley AB at the GABP.

From here to eternity.

"I thought it hit me."

Reds64
10-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Of course they're getting the calls at home. Lets just hope they can pull through this crap and win two in a row.

ukwazoo
10-09-2010, 01:40 AM

Kinda saw it coming? Kinda saw a major league record for errors in a division series game coming? Um, no.

RedsFanInBama
10-09-2010, 01:54 AM
When you make four errors, legitimately hit two batters and walk a few more, you deserve to lose. Regardless of any calls made by the umpire. We choked. Period. Had the game in our hands and choked it away.

Kingspoint
10-09-2010, 02:17 AM
So much for the "veteran" presence, as the "veterans" choked.

Vottomatic
10-09-2010, 03:01 AM
1 unearned run. Enough said.

Bruce = Bill Buckner

Might as well bat Joey first in the lineup so he can see some pitches to hit. We're gonna need someone better than Rolen hitting behind him next year.

Frustrating that it should be 1-1.

Oh well, I guess we'll get'em next season. :rolleyes:

bagz
10-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Team Choke was indeed very disappointing. We had this game and gave it to them. We proved we could beat Oswalt but couldn't hold on. I think a lot of our players were nervous. It's not over till it's over but our chances to win series have nosedived. I think we can beat Hamels. Halladay I don't know. Regardless it's been a great season with which to build on. As for the Phillies I think they're overated and get beat by the next team they face.

TC81190
10-09-2010, 09:35 PM
So much for the "veteran" presence, as the "veterans" choked.
If anything, I think Rolen's back choked all series long. Don't know if Phillips counts as veteran presence seeing as he's new to this as well. Aside from that, we lost that game at the hands of Bruce, Chapman, Ondrusek, and a ton of bad luck.

Kingspoint
10-09-2010, 11:45 PM
If anything, I think Rolen's back choked all series long. Don't know if Phillips counts as veteran presence seeing as he's new to this as well. Aside from that, we lost that game at the hands of Bruce, Chapman, Ondrusek, and a ton of bad luck.

I was definitely counting Phillips as a Veteran.