PDA

View Full Version : Visual proof he was out

SYCMiniBus
10-09-2010, 01:29 AM
This picture is perfect, from the AP (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)... The ball is in Phillips glove, Utley has not reached the base, and honestly it isn't close since his front leg clearly never hits the base....

Absolutely sickening

AintlifeGrande
10-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Just make's you even sicker after the debacle tonight.

redsfan_12
10-09-2010, 01:40 AM
:barf: A lot of umpire mistakes have been costly for teams already in the playoffs

CaliBuck
10-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Reds got robbed. Phillies had no business winning that game, I'm sorry but they didn't. The pure LUCK they received from the umpires during that inning was mind boggling. Philly didn't do jack. Series should be tied 1-1 and the pressure should be on them. Instead, the fat, overpaid, lazy slobs took the game away just as they've been doing all postseason.

malcontent
10-09-2010, 02:14 AM
Hopefully, the Phillies will have some very bad karma, and soon.

But it might have to be at the hands of the Giants.

Would have been interesting if the Reds had actually appealed the Utley score.

ukwazoo
10-09-2010, 02:45 AM
There were some bad calls tonight, but if the team doesn't morph into the bad news bears, they win the game.

smixsell
10-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Great Pic. Thanks for the visual proof.

And no way did that ball hit Utley. Unbelievably bad umpiring. Sure we choked but the chances of choking go way up when the umpires give the Phils 3 or 4 extra outs in the late innings. BTW Utley basically admited that the ball didn't hit him saying, " "I'm not sure," Utley said when asked if the ball hit him basically admitted the ball didn't hit by saying.... "At first, I thought it was going to hit me in the head. He throws fast. I felt like it hit me, so I put my head down and ran to first." Read between the lines folks. I felt like it hit me? LOL Come on! And the the replay makes it clear the ball did not hit him.

Thanks Umps for making a 1-1 series 2-0

Oxblood
10-09-2010, 10:55 AM
We can't blame this loss on the umps, we stunk up the joint.

Vottomatic
10-09-2010, 11:00 AM
I think everyone of our players in the next game should feign being hit by the pitch everytime the pitch is inside.

I think that would be a hilarious tribute to Utley's acting.

Orodle
10-09-2010, 01:17 PM
I dont blame the umpire on this call at all. In full speed I thought he was safe too and it took a still frame pic to convince everyone....the umpire doesnt get that tool.

AintlifeGrande
10-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Utley was not sure?BS,if a 100 plus mph heater hit him he would know!I would have liked to hear what Marty said about those calls.

10-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I dont blame the umpire on this call at all. In full speed I thought he was safe too and it took a still frame pic to convince everyone....the umpire doesnt get that tool.

It was a tough call, but he looked out, live to me, but then again, I am biased.

The crazy way Utley slide made it difficult for the ump to see when he hit the bag. But still, this is the playoffs, and I think he should have made that call.

Regardless, this was further proof that the games needs to use all the technology it has to make sure the right calls are made. Maintaining the integrity of the game is far more important maintaining the "human element" of the game.

Anyway, the bad call(s) were less important than the Reds inability to catch the ball. If we are blaming the umps for making dumb errors, we should do the same for the players.

Hey Meat
10-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Just make's you even sicker after the debacle tonight.
What makes me even sicker is ; that puke Werth moved the ump out of position just before the play.

arkimadee
10-09-2010, 05:38 PM
:rant:

webbbj
10-09-2010, 05:42 PM
im not gonna be a hypocrite b/c when jeter faked getting hit i thought it was great gamesmanship and if a reds player was clever enough to pull that off i would support that. the call at 2nd was wrong but i thought rolen should have went to 1st on that throw. and the reds blew this game on the errors they committed.

bagz
10-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Utley was out at second and also should get a Golden Globe award for his acting like he was hit by a pitch. He didn't want to see any more fastballs from Chapman. You would think with the extra umpires covering these games they would get more calls right. They seemed to be on the Phillies side.

demas863
10-09-2010, 05:58 PM
"I felt like it hit me" does not equal "It felt like it hit me." He outdid Jeter. Utley to the DL - "downright liar."

Road Pop
10-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Any pics of Utley getting *hit*?

webbbj
10-09-2010, 08:18 PM
im not gonna be a hypocrite b/c when jeter faked getting hit i thought it was great gamesmanship and i think the same from utley. he had to get on base and he did it anyway possible. if a reds player did the same thing id be in all favor of it. pple need to stop blaming the umps and start blaming the players for not getting the job done.

TC81190
10-09-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm not glad that went down the way it did, but I'm also not going to say the umps lost the game for us. Don't lose the ball in the lights or bobble the ball at 3B or the many other avoidable errors, and we stand a much better chance of winning. Take care of the things you can control and you'll win.

bigtuna2010
10-10-2010, 03:06 PM
3 things all involving Utley screwed us in the 7th
1. the hit by pitch
2. The out at 2nd
3. When he was rounding 3rd (not touching the bag)

I think scott Rollen made a big mistake by not paying attention if Utley touched the bag. He should have been all over that