PDA

View Full Version : How we've got to do this

reds44
10-09-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm reaching deep down here...

Going into tonight I said if we can get the W tonight I like our chances with Cueto vs. Hamels in game three. I still feel that way.

IF (and that is a big if) the Reds can somehow find a way to get game three, all of the pressure shifts back to the Phillies. They'll have Halladay on the mound in game four and the last thing they want to do is go back to Philly for another Bronson vs. Oswalt matchups.

Boys need to regroup tomorrow and come out and get game 3. If you've got tickets do everything you can to help them out. If we can get game 3 things will get interesting.

Brutus
10-09-2010, 02:34 AM
I'm reaching deep down here...

Going into tonight I said if we can get the W tonight I like our chances with Cueto vs. Hamels in game three. I still feel that way.

IF (and that is a big if) the Reds can somehow find a way to get game three, all of the pressure shifts back to the Phillies. They'll have Halladay on the mound in game four and the last thing they want to do is go back to Philly for another Bronson vs. Oswalt matchups.

Boys need to regroup tomorrow and come out and get game 3. If you've got tickets do everything you can to help them out. If we can get game 3 things will get interesting.

I think the pressure will only be on the Phillies if the Reds can beat Halladay to force a game 5. If I'm the Phillies, I actually feel darn good up 2-1 with Roy on the mound.

If the Reds beat Halladay, I agree the pressure shifts to them a bit.

reds44
10-09-2010, 02:36 AM
I think the pressure will only be on the Phillies if the Reds can beat Halladay to force a game 5. If I'm the Phillies, I actually feel darn good up 2-1 with Roy on the mound.

If the Reds beat Halladay, I agree the pressure shifts to them a bit.
Halladay is your ace in the hole though. If you burn him and lose in the process and have to go to an elimination game it's uh oh time.

corkedbat
10-09-2010, 03:15 AM
Right now, winning the Phillies is about the longest of longshots. They need to win a game before they can even think about the series at this point. One game at a time. Win Sunday, the you can think about Halladay on Monday. Scratch out a couple of runs against Doc and get one of his gems from Tavis, then take your chances with Bronson against Oswalt.

Much easier said than done though. Right now this is a dejected team. They need some home-cooking, the first one and regain their confidence, then go from there.

kbrake
10-09-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't care about the first two games at this point. I've waited since I was 10 to see playoff baseball down 0-2 or not I'll be there Sunday and I'll be loud as hell.

Razor Shines
10-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Halladay is your ace in the hole though. If you burn him and lose in the process and have to go to an elimination game it's uh oh time.

If I was a Philly fan I would feel totally comfortable going into game 4 with Halladay on the mound being up 2-1. Lose that game then yeah, they'll have the pressure on them back in Philly.

Griffey012
10-09-2010, 12:23 PM
I don't care about the first two games at this point. I've waited since I was 10 to see playoff baseball down 0-2 or not I'll be there Sunday and I'll be loud as hell.

I second this. Well I've waited since I was 9 for playoff baseball and I will be loud as hell also.

I like the OP's idea. One game at a time mentality. We have to do everything we can to win Sunday, then worry about Monday.

Razor Shines
10-09-2010, 01:20 PM
The problem with last night is I thought for sure they were gonna win. That belief had me believing that they were gonna win the series. It would have been a lot easier to swallow had they not tricked me. So I think we all need to remember the words of Ben folds during the next game if it appears that they're going to have a chance.

you know what hope is. Hope is a bastard, hope is a liar; a cheat and a tease.
If it comes near you kick its backside, its got no place in days like these.

:)

Tornon
10-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I think it all might rest on who we send out there for game 4.. I kind of like our chances in a Wood v Halladay matchup

dman
10-10-2010, 10:33 PM
I think it all might rest on who we send out there for game 4.. I kind of like our chances in a Wood v Halladay matchup

I'm wondering why Travis Wood hasn't pitched yet to begin with. The way that he squared up against Halladay in that pitcher's duel back in July was grounds enough to make him the #1 starter ahead of Volquez IMO.