PDA

View Full Version : Updates on Cabrera and Rolen

Reds Fanatic
10-09-2010, 07:12 PM
A couple of updates from Fay today.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/2010/10/09/cabrera-no-better/

Shortstop Orlando Cabrera was no better today.

Chris Valaika is on his way to Cincinnati from Goodyear and a decision will be made just before gametime tomorrow on replacing Cabrera on the roster with Valaika.

Also this on Rolen:

Scott Rolen is dealing with back issues and shoulder issues.

For Rolen it is pretty much the same issues he has been dealing with the last few months.

dougdirt
10-09-2010, 07:40 PM
For Rolen it is pretty much the same issues he has been dealing with the last few months.

If by months, you mean years, then yes.

Griffey012
10-09-2010, 07:59 PM

Chris Valaika is on his way to Cincinnati from Goodyear and a decision will be made just before gametime tomorrow on replacing Cabrera on the roster with Valaika.

Also this on Rolen:

I hate to say it, but I think Rolen needs to be replaced in the lineup. He was clearly hurting last night and is not even close to his normal self. His swings look pretty bad, they showed him wincing after a strike out, and that may be a reason he uncharacteristically booted a ground ball he had to get down low on and also why he went to 2nd instead of 1st.

I love the guy but his nagging injuries are not allowing him to perform at a solid level at all.

Razor Shines
10-09-2010, 08:00 PM

Also this on Rolen:

Not much to be done about Rolen. I doubt Dusty starts Fransisco against Hamels, might go with Cairo but an injured Rolen is probably better....maybe.

Raisor
10-09-2010, 09:02 PM
He's been dealing with this back thing for years now, right? Does anyone think it's going to get better? You have to play him now. Bruce should be hitting cleanup though.

edabbs44
10-09-2010, 09:12 PM
He's been dealing with this back thing for years now, right? Does anyone think it's going to get better? You have to play him now. Bruce should be hitting cleanup though.

Not sure about that vs Hamels...probably Game 4 though.

Raisor
10-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Not sure about that vs Hamels...probably Game 4 though.

Bruce has a 900 OPS vs LHP this year.

edabbs44
10-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Bruce has a 900 OPS vs LHP this year.

Lefties are hitting .196 vs Hamels this year and Jay is 1-12 career.

Griffey012
10-09-2010, 10:21 PM

But his back issues are an up and down roller coaster, and last night it appeared to be at the bottom of a roller coaster hill. It's not like he is constantly dealing with the same amount of pain, or he wouldn't have hit 18 or however many home runs in the 1st half and only 2 or 3 in the 2nd half.

He just doesn't look right at all.

mth123
10-09-2010, 10:27 PM
But his back issues are an up and down roller coaster, and last night it appeared to be at the bottom of a roller coaster hill. It's not like he is constantly dealing with the same amount of pain, or he wouldn't have hit 18 or however many home runs in the 1st half and only 2 or 3 in the 2nd half.

Its not just his back. His shoulder is what made him look like a guy who was done in 2007. If that is flaring up, its a problem.

Raisor
10-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Lefties are hitting .196 vs Hamels this year and Jay is 1-12 career.

it's 12 PA's. it's too small a sample to even call a "small sample size".

edabbs44
10-10-2010, 12:42 AM
it's 12 PA's. it's too small a sample to even call a "small sample size".

Ok. Lefties are hitting .196 vs Hamels this season.

corkedbat
10-10-2010, 01:05 AM

Just shows that the rigors of a 162-game season, a chronic condition and age are taking their toll - which is to be expected.

Edd Roush
10-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Ok. Lefties are hitting .196 vs Hamels this season.

So should we bench Votto too? Or is it that you just want to replace September MVP Jay Bruce with the struggling Chris Heisey?

edabbs44
10-10-2010, 01:44 PM
So should we bench Votto too? Or is it that you just want to replace September MVP Jay Bruce with the struggling Chris Heisey?

I also want them to acquire Wade Boggs and Tony Gwynn just so they can bench them as well.

Seriously, that's not what I said. I don't think the correct move is to move Bruce up to clean up vs Hamels.

Razor Shines
10-10-2010, 02:23 PM
I also want them to acquire Wade Boggs and Tony Gwynn just so they can bench them as well.

Seriously, that's not what I said. I don't think the correct move is to move Bruce up to clean up vs Hamels.

I disagree about not moving Bruce up, but that is a really funny post.