PDA

View Full Version : Can Somebody Please Just Plunk Utley.....

dman
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Just one good time before this series is over if it's appearing that it's out of control and beyond reach of winning.

Preferably by Chapman, a no doubt beaning that way he knows for sure that he was just plunked by the best of them.

REDblooded
10-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Would love to see chap actually put one on his hands so we can gauge the reactions...

Brutus
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Plunk him for what? Being better than the Reds?

Because an umpire missed a call?

dman
10-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Plunk him for what? Being better than the Reds?

Because an umpire missed a call?

Just so he knows what it's like to really be hit by Chapman. Not this " I think he hit me" crap. Yes the home run tonight was a catalyst, but it just stirs up more from Friday night's game.

Along with the fact that it would make me feel better..... It would make me feel better about the losses.

To me, people like Utley and Jeter would be the prime targets for a good beaning. Lots of people agreed with their theatrics, which there is a strong case for that, and it did help each one's respective teams. But, after finding out that each was just doing a good job of acting the part, they should not be surprised to take an up and in fastball on the elbow, hand, or wrist as a result.

Like I said, the home run tonight has been a big catalyst for my ire, but it is well directed at Utley after Friday night.

SMcGavin
10-10-2010, 10:01 PM
I'd rather plunk the fan who didn't give Stubbs a chance at Utley's HR.

The Voice of IH
10-10-2010, 10:03 PM
I'd rather plunk the fan who didn't give Stubbs a chance at Utley's HR.

:rolleyes: Stubbs would have to go up to the second row to get that thing, fans have a right to catch a ball that is going towards their head you know.

RBA
10-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Locking this if I could. Topic is not worthy.

Brutus
10-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Just so he knows what it's like to really be hit by Chapman. Not this " I think he hit me" crap. Yes the home run tonight was a catalyst, but it just stirs up more from Friday night's game.

Along with the fact that it would make me feel better..... It would make me feel better about the losses.

To me, people like Utley and Jeter would be the prime targets for a good beaning. Lots of people agreed with their theatrics, which there is a strong case for that, and it did help each one's respective teams. But, after finding out that each was just doing a good job of acting the part, they should not be surprised to take an up and in fastball on the elbow, hand, or wrist as a result.

Like I said, the home run tonight has been a big catalyst for my ire, but it is well directed at Utley after Friday night.

What do you expect? Should he have told the umpire he wasn't hit? And do you really think he should come clean with reporters when he wasn't hit? I'm not sure why you'd expect him to do anything different than he did. He's trying to win ballgames, not pass a polygraph.

TheNext44
10-10-2010, 10:09 PM
:rolleyes: Stubbs would have to go up to the second row to get that thing, fans have a right to catch a ball that is going towards their head you know.

I have a right to do lots of stupid things. Having the right to do it doesn't make it any less stupid.

If it was a Reds homer, I'd throw the guy a party, but if you are a true fan, you don't help the other team.

dman
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM
What do you expect? Should he have told the umpire he wasn't hit? And do you really think he should come clean with reporters when he wasn't hit? I'm not sure why you'd expect him to do anything different than he did. He's trying to win ballgames, not pass a polygraph.

If you say so...... The beauty of blogs is that each of us has an opinion. When the evidence is there for everybody to see on replay, on everyone of those plays, I guess that makes it harder to swallow. Maybe RBA was right, I started a thread that was not worthy. At least tonight. This would've been more suited to Friday night's game.

Just a lot of bad blood being spilled over into tonight I guess.

The Voice of IH
10-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I have a right to do lots of stupid things. Having the right to do it doesn't make it any less stupid.

If it was a Reds homer, I'd throw the guy a party, but if you are a true fan, you don't help the other team.

you lost me? how did he help the other team?

SMcGavin
10-10-2010, 10:17 PM
You're watching the game, you see the ball flying at you, you see Stubbs running right over to you. The ball's in the air and you don't know exactly where it's going to end up, just that it's gonna be pretty close to a home run. How is your thought process "I'm going to try and catch this ball"? Get out of the way. I'm not suggesting we Bartman the guy, my previous comment was tongue in cheek, but that was really stupid.

And yes I realize Stubbs probably wasn't going to catch it.

TheNext44
10-10-2010, 10:21 PM
you lost me? how did he help the other team?

Even if Stubbs had no shot at it, there is no way that guy knew it when he tried to catch the ball. You don't try to catch a home run ball of the other team when you are in the front row, not unless you don't care if your team wins or not.

dman
10-10-2010, 10:38 PM

And by no means am I saying that you're wrong. You're points are very valid, and I do agree with you. But... in the old days of baseball if you had, say a Bob Gibson that was pitching and this happened to him, would you expect anything less if he had a chance to face the batter that pulled this one on him?

I'm not a big fan of throwing at batters intentionally, but there are some situations that warrant it, and to me, this seems like one. And I know, I know that it was the ump that made the call, but it was a little bit of Utley nixed in there as well.