PDA

View Full Version : So I have tickets for game 4...

REDblooded
10-10-2010, 11:14 PM
How do those get refunded?

sivman17
10-10-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't know.. but I had NLCS tix.. so, yea...

reds1869
10-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Refunds are issued automatically to the card you bought the tickets with.

macro
10-11-2010, 12:17 AM
I thought I read somewhere that refunds would not be issued, but ticket holders would get credit toward future tickets, instead. Did I dream that?

Cyclone792
10-11-2010, 12:52 AM
I thought I read somewhere that refunds would not be issued, but ticket holders would get credit toward future tickets, instead. Did I dream that?

If the tickets were purchased through a season ticket holder account via having season tickets, then the credit is issued only through future tickets. If the tickets were purchased through the playoff lottery, then there should be a refund applied toward the card used to purchase the tickets.

Now the main question is how long of a wait do we have until that refund is applied. That is what I've yet to find an answer to.

REDblooded
10-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Found it on the back of the ticket... NM...

Yes, if the front of your ticket is marked "Credit" you will automatically receive a refund for ticket cost plus processing fee's to the card used... Convenience charges and shipping costs are lost.

Cyclone792
10-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Found it on the back of the ticket... NM...

Yes, if the front of your ticket is marked "Credit" you will automatically receive a refund for ticket cost plus processing fee's to the card used... Convenience charges and shipping costs are lost.

The convenience charges should also be refunded. The text in my email order states "The credit card account holder of record will be credited for the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience fee for any unplayed games. Per order processing/shipping and handling fees are non-refundable."

The processing fee for the order was $3.25 so that should be the only portion that will not be refunded.

Cyclone792
10-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Per the Reds ticket office, they expect to submit refunds back tomorrow or Wednesday and then it may take a few additional days for the refunds to post to the account of the cardholder. Nevertheless, it sounds like we should get our ticket refunds sometime later this week.

Eric_the_Red
10-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Per the Reds ticket office, they expect to submit refunds back tomorrow or Wednesday and then it may take a few additional days for the refunds to post to the account of the cardholder. Nevertheless, it sounds like we should get our ticket refunds sometime later this week.

Just in time to put a deposit on 2011 season tickets? :p:

reds1869
10-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Just in time to put a deposit on 2011 season tickets? :p:
:D

I placed mine yesterday...I already can't wait for Opening Day.

Ghosts of 1990
10-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Individual Tickets - Reimbursement for any Postseason games not played will be made directly to the credit card used to purchase the tickets.

The $15.00 processing fee is not refundable whether or not a Postseason game is played, and whether or not tickets are or are not mailed, or picked up in person.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ticketing/postseason.jsp

This is real nice. It won't seem like a lot to anyone who works for the Reds, or Major League Baseball; I assure you. But in tough economic times that's almost a tank of gas for me. Glad my loyalty to a team who came up short once again found a way to bite me. This is just awful.

Eric_the_Red
10-11-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't remember a $15 processing fee. I know there was a per ticket charge (around $6 I think) but I thought that convenience fee was going to be refunded. ??

Ghosts of 1990
10-11-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't remember a $15 processing fee. I know there was a per ticket charge (around $6 I think) but I thought that convenience fee was going to be refunded. ??

processing fee was on all online orders

westofyou
10-11-2010, 02:19 PM
Processing fees are a norm, the high cost of the fee though is a kind of a joke, in fact the whole online ticketing situation is awash in BS, one of the favorites is for one to pay for an event months prior and the cash for that event generates interest for the ticket company in the 6 months that lay between the event and the purchase.

Cyclone792
10-11-2010, 04:29 PM
The order processing fee (including delivery) was $3.25 for me. If that isn't refunded, so be it. I'm not sure where the $15 order processing fee is coming from, though.

camisadelgolf
10-11-2010, 04:41 PM
The order processing fee (including delivery) was $3.25 for me. If that isn't refunded, so be it. I'm not sure where the $15 order processing fee is coming from, though.
The same goes for me, too. I really wonder what people are talking about. Maybe it has something to do with when you ordered your tickets.

reds1869
10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
The same goes for me, too. I really wonder what people are talking about. Maybe it has something to do with when you ordered your tickets.

Or perhaps they are including the "convenience fee" which is a totally separate matter.

Eric_the_Red
10-11-2010, 07:11 PM
I just double checked my receipt from my online purchase, and there is no $15 fee on there.

sivman17
10-11-2010, 08:57 PM
I bought 4 tickets for the NLCS and the convenience fee was $28.72 total for the 4 tickets, which says it includes Cincinnati admissions tax, and there was a $5.50 order processing/delivery fee (and I printed them off). So I'm guessing I will be out $34.22. Although it seems like I would get the tax back. So maybe I'm losing the $5.50.

I don't know.

Eric_the_Red
10-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Still haven't got my refund yet. Anybody else get theirs?

Cyclone792
10-14-2010, 08:55 AM
No refund yet for me.

Ghosts of 1990
10-14-2010, 08:58 AM
no refund here

macro
10-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Are they taking float on the money?

Reds Fanatic
10-14-2010, 09:23 AM
This is the latest update on refunds from the Reds twitter:

Our staff is working on them this week and plans to have them completed by the end of next week.

Eric_the_Red
10-14-2010, 12:04 PM
This is the latest update on refunds from the Reds twitter:

I think that is ridiculous. It didn't take almost 2 weeks to take our money. Why should it take that long to refund it?

westofyou
10-14-2010, 02:59 PM
I think that is ridiculous. It didn't take almost 2 weeks to take our money. Why should it take that long to refund it?

Opening an envelope is easier than doing the accounting, creating the paperwork, printing, stuffing, stamping and outputing it. Chances are the staff is not even that large.

Eric_the_Red
10-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Opening an envelope is easier than doing the accounting, creating the paperwork, printing, stuffing, stamping and outputing it. Chances are the staff is not even that large.

No envelope to open - I ordered online. I would think they would be able to have a computer process the refunds. I find it hard to believe they are processing tens of thousands of refunds by hand.

westofyou
10-14-2010, 05:00 PM
No envelope to open - I ordered online. I would think they would be able to have a computer process the refunds. I find it hard to believe they are processing tens of thousands of refunds by hand.

True, lord know why the delay, but I'm not surprised.

WMR
10-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Took me 3 weeks to get PayPal to issue me a refund on a purchase... took 'em about 2 seconds to immediately withdraw the money from my account though.

sivman17
10-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Has anyone received a refund yet?

I still haven't received mine..

Reds Fanatic
10-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Has anyone received a refund yet?

I still haven't received mine..

Not yet. Someone on the Sun Deck posted they were told they will processed this Friday but it may take 7 to 10 days after that until you will actually see the credit processed on your card.

westofyou
10-25-2010, 10:13 PM
info on refunds

Griffey012
10-25-2010, 10:35 PM
info on refunds

For the face value of the tickets? Do we not get refunded for the taxes and ridiculous processing fees?

GAC
10-26-2010, 04:47 AM
For the face value of the tickets? Do we not get refunded for the taxes and ridiculous processing fees?

No. They are going to keep any "handling" or processing fees.

Griffey012
10-26-2010, 07:17 AM
No. They are going to keep any "handling" or processing fees.

That's a tad ridiculous considering thats about $100 extra out of my pocket for 1 lousy game.

redsmetz
10-26-2010, 07:43 AM
NM

GAC
10-26-2010, 08:27 AM
That's a tad ridiculous considering thats about $100 extra out of my pocket for 1 lousy game.

I bought two $50 tickets for game #4. The total cost came to $118. So I should be refunded the face value of $100. You still have to employ (pay) the people to process the tickets, as well as the refunds when due. So as long as I get the face value of the tickets back I'm not too upset.

I would have rather been able to attend the game! :D

camisadelgolf
10-26-2010, 03:11 PM
http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Cincinnati-Reds-Say-Postseason-Refunds-Are-Coming/LJY268yDyUqoyKHANJOBRw.cspx

Within five-ten business days.

Griffey012
10-26-2010, 03:32 PM
I bought two $50 tickets for game #4. The total cost came to $118. So I should be refunded the face value of $100. You still have to employ (pay) the people to process the tickets, as well as the refunds when due. So as long as I get the face value of the tickets back I'm not too upset.

When I was purchasing tickets I was under the understanding based off the fine print that I would get "all" the money back i spent on the unused tickets, including the processing fees. Being on a fairly tight college budget I don't think I would have indulged in such a large quantity of tickets in hopes I could get them to other friends and Reds fans for face value.

Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Griffey012
10-26-2010, 03:37 PM
CINCINNATI REDS POSTSEASON REFUND/CREDIT INSTRUCTIONS FOR UNPLAYED GAMES
Credit card ticket purchases indicated by the word "CREDIT" printed on the front lower left corner of the ticket purchased thru the Internet (Reds.Com or MLB.Com), Phone orders through Tickets.Com, Great American Ball Park ticket windows or Reds administrative office, will be automatically refunded. The credit card account holder of record will be credited for the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience fee for any unplayed games..

I just came across this from the e-mail I receiver upon purchasing the tickets. I think those of us that purchased via credit card will get the "convenience fee" refunded. That's a relief.

reds1869
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
I just came across this from the e-mail I receiver upon purchasing the tickets. I think those of us that purchased via credit card will get the "convenience fee" refunded. That's a relief.

That is correct. The order processing fee and taxes are lost, but the convenience fee should be refunded.

Ron Madden
10-27-2010, 02:57 AM

My feeling exactly. I hope we can take the same chance next year. :beerme:

Cyclone792
10-27-2010, 06:37 AM
My refund showed up on my credit card this morning. Everything was refunded except the $3.25 order processing fee. The $36 convenience fee for the tickets I did not use (LDS home game 2) was included in the refund.