PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Memories of this season?

redsfan_12
10-11-2010, 01:14 AM
Time to reflect a little. What's some of your favorite memories from this season?

Mine...

- Stubbs GS against the Cubs for my first game of the season back in April
- the Civil Rights game, especially the last play
- Jay Bruce's go ahead HR off Halliday in June
- Joeys HR to tie in the 9th the night before
- The trip to Houston where it all began, back when we were 7-11
- of course, The debuts of Leake, Chapman, Wood and Heisey
- and for sure Bruce's division clincher

Lots and lots of memories... Hopefully a lot more to come in the future

Vottomatic
10-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Atlanta's comeback when Cordero imploded and Nix had the ball bounce out of his glove and over the wall. That was awesome.

Seriously, Bruce's division-clinching home run.

Reds
10-11-2010, 06:50 AM
- Stubbs GS against the Cubs for my first game of the season back in April

Funny, that's the first one that came to my mind. Marty "and what was a 2-0 deficit is now a 4 to 2 lead!"

realistic
10-12-2010, 02:56 AM
all those mentioned above plus a few snapshots that stick out in my mind...

Brandon Phillips bomb in the day game at Milwaukee were he was concerned he may have hurt "they feelins on that one".
Travis Woods incredible first five or so career starts in a tight division race.
Rolen gettin emotional postgame after we clinched the central.

very memorable season. im really excited about the next few years

will5979
10-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Lets see...

-Jonny Gomes walkoff, love hearing Marty anytime a walkoff occurs!
-Stubbs GS
-Votto's late innings HR against the Cubs to seal the victory in May, still remember Thom screaming JOEY VOTTO!
-Civil Rights Game
-The next day when we took over 1st
-Watching Leake and Wood become phenoms
-Jonny Gomes' and Scott Rolen's awesome Spring
-Bruce's HR against the Phils in June
-The All Star game
-The HOF blowout of the Rockies
-Beating the Braves 2 out of 3 in Cincy
-Votto's AB against the Dodgers
-Chapman's debut and the way we looked unstopable that night on D
-The night we clinched
-The last victory against Milly-wok-kay, which is Algonquin for "the Good Land"
-The first 5 innings of Game 2

KYRedLeg
10-12-2010, 11:56 AM
- Joeys HR to tie in the 9th the night before

That moment (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=9506351) will forever stand out as a "life-changing" experience for me. Prior to that moment, I had enjoyed baseball. I liked going to a game or two a year with my dad (all the way back to Redbirds games in Louisville when I was 5 years old)...but when Votto smacked that ball, I became a fan. They went on to lose that game in extra innings, but it didn't matter. It was the overwhelming emotion in GABP, with the realization that no matter how late in the game, anything was possible.

We'd been going to Reds games for the last three or four years as a birthday present for him, but since June 29th, I've been the one buying tickets (we went 9 times this year, including once on the road against the Dodgers), learning everything I can, and calling him nightly to discuss what the Reds had been up to.

bounty37h
10-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I agree with the above. Getting back to playoffs, watching young players grow in front of our eyes. I have to add, BPhils Cards comments. Many argue he shouldnt have said it, but not many argue what he was saying. I thought that was a big statement time period though, the time we would have folded in years past, and thats when I knew this team was really special.

mlh1981
10-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Them coming off the mat time and time again when it looked like the old, bad Reds were set to return.

New York Red
10-12-2010, 04:19 PM
There were a lot, but I only got to see one in person - and that was the walk-off, division-clinching HR by Jay Bruce. The greatest moment in GAB history and one of the greatest sports moments I've ever witnessed live.

brachial pleXUs
10-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Joey Votto's walk-off on 4192 night--The most electric baseball moment moment I've ever seen in person.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and all those other ones you guys have said, too.

Hustleman
10-12-2010, 05:47 PM
seeing jay bruce misplay a ball and get heckled, then hit 3 homers against the cubbies

webbbj
10-12-2010, 05:59 PM
volquez's return. cabrera walkoff HR in the 10th vs the mets in a business day special game on cinco de mayo.

'69 & Vine
10-12-2010, 07:07 PM
+1 on Votto's walk-off on 4192 night.

The two back-to-back shutouts by Cueto and Bailey in Pittsburg in May. Seemed like that got our SP rolling.

Hey Meat
10-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Jay Bruce's walk off to clinch and of course the fight with the stinking Cardinals because I was there for that one.

Kingspoint
10-13-2010, 11:38 PM
The whole season was memorable.

It was a very enjoyable season.

gedred69
10-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Taking my twin grandsons to their 1st Reds game, or being their when Bruce clinched it. Close, but I gotta' go with the little guys. They will make 5th generation Reds fans.

bounty37h
10-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Thats pretty awesome ^!

shredda2000
10-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Here are some of mine...

YouTube - 2010 Cincinnati Reds Highlight Real (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnn6q1UBVvk)

arkimadee
10-16-2010, 03:12 PM
My favorite personal memory of the season that will last forever I think will be the jolt of energy I recieved in the playoff game at GABP. I remember pausing a bunch of times during the game and looking around and saying this is what it's all about right here. I think in years to come the atmosphere of the playoffs I experienced live for the first time will out weigh anything that happened during the season. Now that I have got that taste of playoffs out of the way, next year I will only be satisfied if we make some noise in the playoffs. Also the Jay Bruce homer to clinch will stand out forever as well

MikeThierry
11-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Question to Reds fans here. What was the defining moment of the season? What I mean is what is the moment where you guys knew your team was going to win the Central this year?

tobttr
11-19-2010, 10:35 AM
There was a similar thread a little earlier this fall, so I'm repeating myself, but my favorite moment was Bruce's clinching HR.
But my first (chronologically) was Mike Leake's first start when he loaded the bases with Cubbies in the top of the first & then escaped without allowing a run. That moment allowed me to think that this year could actually be different.

Captain13
11-19-2010, 11:42 AM
I love all of those above, but especially the Civil Rights game. I only make it to a few games a year, and that was one of them. I had great seats, and almost missed the play at the plate, trying to take a photo of it.