PDA

View Full Version : Anyone received their ticket refund?

davereds24
10-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Still waiting on both nlds and nlcs refunds here.

will5979
10-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Still waiting on both nlds and nlcs refunds here.

No I haven't and in the words of Eric Cartman...

"At pisses me off, ats gay as hell!"

brm7675
10-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I would bet your are looking atleast 3-5 weeks, with the number of refunds needing to be processed adn all. Have you called the Reds?

arkimadee
10-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm getting as nervous as Clark Griswold waiting on this ticket bonus.. Hopefully I won't be getting a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club.

YouTube - Christmas Vacation jelly of the month (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Q_UPMmRRc)

davereds24
10-13-2010, 08:34 PM
I would bet your are looking atleast 3-5 weeks, with the number of refunds needing to be processed adn all. Have you called the Reds?

lol this isn't the US government issuing refunds. tickets.com is used to this, it's supposed to be done within a week.

gedred69
10-14-2010, 01:04 AM
For those of us who bought through our season ticket packages, I'm thinking we will be asked if we want to apply it to next year's season tickets.

Girevik
10-14-2010, 09:11 AM

Are they doing them all by hand? You'd think they'd have one of those fancy computin' machines.

Altsciguy
10-14-2010, 09:42 AM
well quick back of the envelope math 44,000 x $60= 2.5 million x 6 games = 15 million dollars. I would take the daily interest on that for a week or so. I do not think it is lack of computers or ability (they took money in instantly) I think it is simple trying to make their nut without too much customer anger/complaint.

bounty37h
10-14-2010, 10:19 AM
^agreed with this one. Season before last I paid $1400 for season tickets for UNC Basketball during the staff/faculty sale. Fast forward 2-3 months and I get a call they oversold and I dont get them, and asked if I wanted a refund? Really, you think I might want a refund, what about hte interest you guys have sat on? I worked for a ticket company in college, ticket market is a dirty, dirty business unfortunately.

redsfan_12
10-14-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm getting as nervous as Clark Griswold waiting on this ticket bonus.. Hopefully I won't be getting a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club.

YouTube - Christmas Vacation jelly of the month (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Q_UPMmRRc)

LMAO lololololol

brm7675
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Are they doing them all by hand? You'd think they'd have one of those fancy computin' machines.

even with those fancy computin things, they are in no hurry to process those refunds, again if you get the refund sooner then a week or two i would be shocked.

Girevik
10-14-2010, 02:43 PM
even with those fancy computin things, they are in no hurry to process those refunds, again if you get the refund sooner then a week or two i would be shocked.

That was kind of my (evidently overly sarcastic) point. They are entirely capable of getting those things turned around in not time. It's in their best interest to wait.

gatorclaws
10-14-2010, 04:51 PM
The computers can handle taking in thousands of orders in a day to sell the tickets, but needs weeks to send the refund out.... sure thing. I understand the holdup for season ticket holders (to give the option of applying to next year) or anyone that didn't pay by credit card, but it's a simple click of a button.

bigtuna2010
10-15-2010, 01:10 AM
well quick back of the envelope math 44,000 x $60= 2.5 million x 6 games = 15 million dollars. I would take the daily interest on that for a week or so. I do not think it is lack of computers or ability (they took money in instantly) I think it is simple trying to make their nut without too much customer anger/complaint.

The interest on that for a week is around 3,000 bucks and thats at a generous rate of 1%. Its always good to know that cash is cash, and it doesnt matter if its in the left pocket or right pocket (its not like they put it a special place that is only for refunds- these companies are going to put the money to work in the markets.

These companies perform services that cost money even if an event doesnt take place. im sure its in their best interest to hold on to the money for the longest amount of time under law or their personal policy. Either of which- you were not forced to make the contract for the tickets. Lessons: 1. do your homework on when the refund can be expected 2. dont complain if they make money on the interest. They are a company who takes risks and want to make a profit

RedLegsToday
10-18-2010, 02:10 PM
still waiting...

wowen85
10-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Just called tickets.com about the NLCS tickets I ordered and they said they will start processing refunds on Friday, Oct 22nd. From then, it may take up to 7-10 business day to see the refund. Kind of crazy that they can take the money from us in 30 seconds, but takes 3-4 weeks to get it back...

chettt
10-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Season ticket holders have received a credit towards next years tickets. Here is the kicker - with the total balance due in November.

gedred69
10-19-2010, 10:54 PM
The payer never gets a break. I accept that. I have decided to up-grade my seats this next season, and called the "Season Ticket Holder" Hot Line, ready to tell them, don't bother with the refund, just apply it to next season, and tell me where I can expect to sit with the up-grade. They tentatively gave me lousy seats, (just like they did for the play-offs). I'm really not liking the way the Reds treat their proven loyal fans. It's like we got your money, accept the bone we throw you.

bounty37h
10-20-2010, 04:27 PM
The payer never gets a break. I accept that. I have decided to up-grade my seats this next season, and called the "Season Ticket Holder" Hot Line, ready to tell them, don't bother with the refund, just apply it to next season, and tell me where I can expect to sit with the up-grade. They tentatively gave me lousy seats, (just like they did for the play-offs). I'm really not liking the way the Reds treat their proven loyal fans. It's like we got your money, accept the bone we throw you.

They gave you worse seats next year then you had this year? I dont get that, but would tell em never mind, yes, I want a refund and will wait and see if I get better tickets later.

1990REDS
10-20-2010, 06:18 PM

You dont get to keep the same seats as the year before? My dad had seasons tickets for the indians for about 6 years for the business he owns. Had the same 4 seats every year. seems strange they wouldnt let ya keep the old ones.

uks2h
10-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I bought tickets from the "lottery" they had on reds.com through tickets.com and I'm wondering if I get a refund or not? Am I included in the aforementioned refunds that begin on the 22nd? I feel like I've been cheated out of money at this point in the game for being a loyal enough fan to believe they wouldn't get swept.

dpeters11
10-21-2010, 09:07 PM
I bought tickets from the "lottery" they had on reds.com through tickets.com and I'm wondering if I get a refund or not? Am I included in the aforementioned refunds that begin on the 22nd? I feel like I've been cheated out of money at this point in the game for being a loyal enough fan to believe they wouldn't get swept.

I'm in the same boat, we'll get refunds. The only ones not getting refunds by default are season ticket holders. You should have the word credit on your ticket, I'd say we'll see our money in about 10 days or less.

mistared
10-22-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm in the same boat, we'll get refunds. The only ones not getting refunds by default are season ticket holders. You should have the word credit on your ticket, I'd say we'll see our money in about 10 days or less.

I sent an email from a contact link I had found on reds.com earlier this week, and received a response from a Hallie Kinney stating:

“We are currently in the post season ticket refund process and hope to have everything completed by the end of the week. Thank you for supporting the Cincinnati Reds. We look forward to seeing you in 2011.”

It's Friday afternoon and I still do not see my refund, hoping it comes in Monday or Tuesday.

SullyGator
10-22-2010, 10:28 PM
From the Reds Twitter (twitter.com/cincinnatireds) some time Friday afternoon:

For Reds fans who purchased Postseason tickets, the refund process began Wednesday. Fans should receive credit within 5 to 10 business days.

I've been worrying about it too. Thankfully it's almost complete... I have a bursar bill payment to make :thumbdown.

Roger
10-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Just received this email from the Reds

Dear Reds Fan,

The Cincinnati Reds have completed the process of refunding the Postseason ticket purchases to the credit card companies, and the credit card account holders will now be credited for the face value of the tickets purchased.

Fans should receive the credits within five to ten business days, depending upon the individual credit card company's policies and procedures.

The Reds apologize for the inconvenience caused by the delay and continue to strive to make our fan experience the best it can be.

If we can help with any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at (513) 765-7500.

Regards,
Cincinnati Reds Ticket Sales

However on the in the REDS Postseason Refund sheet that I recieved with my tickets it states,

The credit card account holder of record will be credited for the fave value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience fee for any unplayed games.

The convenience fees were something like $6.xx/ticket for the NLDS and $8.xx/ticket for the NLCS. So that's a lot of money! Over $168 in convenience fees for me!

I hope the email was incorrect, and the reds aren't trying to keep that money.

Thoughts?

mroby85
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Just received this email from the Reds

However on the in the REDS Postseason Refund sheet that I recieved with my tickets it states,

The convenience fees were something like $6.xx/ticket for the NLDS and $8.xx/ticket for the NLCS. So that's a lot of money! Over $168 in convenience fees for me!

I hope the email was incorrect, and the reds aren't trying to keep that money.

Thoughts?

I'm almost positive you don't get that money back, in fact I think I remember reading that before I ordered them.

dpeters11
10-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm almost positive you don't get that money back, in fact I think I remember reading that before I ordered them.

John Mataresse made a mention to a $15 processing fee that would not be returned. The only thing I can think this is, is the shipping fee if you had them Fedex'd. You wouldn't get that back, or the processing fee. But the processing fee wasn't all that much.

I asked the Reds via Twitter, they said convenience fees are included in the refund.

Roger
10-27-2010, 01:59 AM
John Mataresse made a mention to a $15 processing fee that would not be returned. The only thing I can think this is, is the shipping fee if you had them Fedex'd. You wouldn't get that back, or the processing fee. But the processing fee wasn't all that much.

I asked the Reds via Twitter, they said convenience fees are included in the refund.

Good call, asking on Twitter!

Yeah it was like $40/tkt + $6 or $8/tkt convenience fee, plus the processing fee plus shipping.

So it's okay that I lose the $15 processing fee and the shipping... but having ordered 6 ea for game 1,2,3 of nlds and 6 ea of game 1,2 of nlcs.. the processing fees were alot... This way I'm out like $50 instead of $225...

Thanks guys!

bounty37h
10-27-2010, 11:14 AM

Hmm, how "convenient". Makes ya wanna send em a bill afterwards for inconvenience.

dpeters11
10-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Good call, asking on Twitter!

Yeah it was like $40/tkt + $6 or $8/tkt convenience fee, plus the processing fee plus shipping.

So it's okay that I lose the $15 processing fee and the shipping... but having ordered 6 ea for game 1,2,3 of nlds and 6 ea of game 1,2 of nlcs.. the processing fees were alot... This way I'm out like $50 instead of $225...

Thanks guys!

I like asking on Twitter because when you do get an answer, it's public for all to see :)

Yeah, if you had it Fedex'd, you're out the most money. My refund showed up in my account this morning. Face value plus the convenience fees were included.

Cadcrew
10-27-2010, 06:05 PM
May I ask which bank you use? I have Huntington and they have no pending transactions for a refund to my account...Just called them today...

Roger
10-27-2010, 06:36 PM
I also have not received the refunds, but hopefully this week.

dpeters11
10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
May I ask which bank you use? I have Huntington and they have no pending transactions for a refund to my account...Just called them today...

I use a credit union, Emery. These were for the second round. My wife got tickets for NLCS using a co-workers code. She is with Fifth Third and has no refund yet. A guy I know at work is still waiting on a $2,000 refund to him from Paypal.

From what I've read, fans of some other teams aren't getting their shipping refunded, even if the tickets were never shipped.

SullyGator
10-28-2010, 03:13 PM
I use Fifth Third and just got mine Thursday morning.

RedLegsToday
11-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I got my NLCS refund over the weekend. Still waiting for the game 2 NLDS refund.

topsyt
11-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Got my divisional series game two credited back today.

Roger
11-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Got my refund back, with convenience fees!

only took way too long.

pretty horrible service.